Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

earning potential

rhoda1990
Trust:

earning potential

I would to earn about 55k this year with my affiliate marketing business. I just started my website [www.rhodee.coml]about 10 days ago and i was wondering if maybe i not putting enough time into this or i am not understanding it or something. is actully possible to make this much my first year or is this just pie in the sky dreams??!! thanks
i can put in about 25-30 hours a week into the business
esolutions
Trust:
The great thing about the internet is that your earnings are limitless if you leverage correctly.

You will need to push hard to go from 0 to 55k in a year.
List not growing fast enough?
Get More Opt Ins:
http://mattgreener.com/view/arfree

joshuas
Trust:
Hi, while some people probably have done it, I think it's safe to say that most people do not reach 0-55k in the first year. In fact, for most people new to affiliate marketing, the first year is probably the most challenging and many even give up because they don't see results. It is definitely possible, but because of so many other factors in play like family, job, etc, being able to make that much in a year is hard. The good news though is that usually the income growth becomes exponential because once you make a site profitable, you only need to maintain it periodically (or at least that's the idea).

My advice is to focus on one site at a time and set a income goal for each site before moving on. Do you want the site to make $50 a week? A day? Then keep at it till you see that happen or at least set strict guidelines of what you need to do with it before you move on (say with regards to the amount of backlinks you need to build). The first site is a good starter to gauge if your income goal for your first year is realistic or not. You will also have an idea how much time is needed for each site and plan accordingly.

I must say that I envy the fact you can spend 25-30 hours a week on this though. That's close to a full time job! :)

All the best,
Joshua
faradina
Trust:
Indeed, individual results vary widely and depend on many factors. And how many hours you put into it does not matter as much as what you do during the hours that you put in. Like Joshua said, your first year in internet marketing would be the most challenging; there is this huge learning curve that you have to conquer, specially if you did not really have site-building and related computer skills when you started.

Determination and focus are the main things that you need when starting out. Giving up too easily and going from one system to another too readily (because the other system seems to be easier) is the downfall of many would-be internet marketers.
facts101
Trust:
I don't know that it's reasonable to put such a weighty expectation on something that's new. There is a learning curve that we have to experience first. As we learn - we grow and so does our income. Focus on the long-term and the results will come.
rhoda1990
Trust:
thanks but someone here sent me an e-mail saying that i was being realistic.so.... il take his opinon.
thanks anyways
johnalbrett
Trust:
An income target of $55k for the year is realistic, especially if you have earned that sort of money before as an income of $55k will already be a part of your belief system. Believing what you can earn is a big part of it and, more often than not, what you believe strengthens your desire and plays a big part in your success.

I note that you are an Amazon affiliate and that the site you have set up is a money site. Jeff Johnson made about half a million in a year as an Amazon affiliate marketer, and Amazon is the biggest affiliate program on the planet, in fact, it would be fair to say that they invented affiliate marketing. Affiliates are what made Amazon a multi-billion dollar per year company; their revenue exceeded $34 billion, gross profit exceeded $2 billion and operating net profit after tax about $1.1 billion for the year 2010. Here's the thing; over 80% of Amazon's sales come from affiliates. I say this not to impress you but to let you know that you are on a path that can realize some serious income for you.

You have created a money site that appears to be geared around fashion accessories; please note that this is a very big market, in fact fashion is probably the biggest market on the Internet. Fashion accessories is also huge.

Let me make a few suggestions if I may. Change the keywords on your site to reflect your market instead of your affiliate programs. Fashion accessories is obviously something that you are passionate about so think about writing some reviews on some of the products you are promoting and post these reviews on your own blog using keywords that are relevant to your product and what people are actually searching for. Create links from your reviews to the relevant product/s on your money site (rhodee.com).

Think about writing general articles based around your products, articles based on keyword research that people want to know information about. Create a give-away information product; for example "Practical uses for a Dooney and Bourke Plaid Barrel Satchel" or something to that effect; I have no real idea as fashion is of no interest to me. Use this as a give away to get people to subscribe to your list. Unless you build a blog network; which takes some skill, email marketing may yield better results for you plus it will create a relationship with your subscribers who will become customers and then become repeat customers. This will create long term income for you.

Think about this; you have built a site that is obviously of interest to fashion shoppers, why would they visit your site and not another affiliates site or Amazon itself? You've thrown a party, you now need to send out the invites to get people to come to your party (or website).

As you have the time, 25-30 hours per week, may I suggest that you look at becoming an Affilorama Premium member as this will provide you with additional information and many of the tools that you may need; and also look at AffiloBlueprint as this will definitely help you to achieve your target within your given time-frame. Please note that I am not an Affilorama affiliate, or at least, not yet, but you are in the right place to help you to achieve your target.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,
John
John Albrett
Director
Orinoco Limited
[email protected]

kdruhl
Trust:
I agree with John on writing about topics of interest to your audience. Find your own unique angle on fashion. Even consider to narrow down your target audience, maybe to your own age group, or to a special type of accessory that you enjoy. It is much easier and more profitable to market to a narrow target market than to broad general market. Check out this video for an introduction http://internetmarketingcoachingclub.com/internet-marketing-basics/how-to-target-market/ on how to target market.
rhoda1990
Trust:
thank you so much for that info you guys!!
spot111
Trust:
Work everyday towards your goal because there is no telling how far you can go. Best of luck!

This topic was started on Feb 22, 2011 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.