Last updated: March 25, 2020
- We may use automated tools such as cookies to collect certain information about your visit to our website. Your browser may provide you with the ability to adjust settings relating to cookies.
- We may gather more extensive information if we are concerned about abnormal website usage patterns or security breaches.
- We may store your personal information, and do take several steps and precautions to protect the personal information that we store.
- You should check the privacy policies of third party websites to which this website is linked, and we are not responsible for their conduct.
- Please feel free to email our privacy officer should you wish to access or correct personal information we hold about you. We encourage you to update any outdated billing or contact information.
2. About Affilorama Group Limited
Affilorama Group Limited is a company incorporated and registered in New Zealand under company number 1870212 and NZBN 9429033841786, having its registered office c/- BDO Christchurch Limited, 287-293 Durham Street North, Christchurch 8013, New Zealand.
4. Collecting your personal information from you
We may collect the following personal information from you when you use this website or our software:
|Personal information collected||When collected||Why collected|
|Your name and contact details||When you register to use our services or create an account with us||So that we may identify you for the purposes of entering into our terms and conditions with you, and corresponding with you|
|Information regarding your business, including details of your products and stock, and your experience||When you register to use our services or create an account with us||So that we can tailor our services to your requirements|
|Your username details for Clickbank||When you sign up for our affiliate programme||So that we can pay commission to you|
|Your credit card details||Whenever you make a payment to us||So that we can process your payment|
|Your social media details, location, and time zone||If you voluntarily provide it to us by updating your personal details||So that we can customise your use of our services and interact with you|
|All personal information we collect about you, including the above||The circumstances described above, and otherwise during the course of your interaction with us||For the purposes set out in paragraph 10|
You may decide not to provide your personal information to us. However, if you do not provide it, we may not be able to provide you with access to certain information, services, or products, and/or customise your use of our services.
5. Collecting your personal information from third parties
We may also receive your personal information from third-party websites or services, such as Facebook, Twitter, Clickbank, and Google Analytics, whom you have authorised to disclose your personal information to us. The collection of that personal information by third parties will be governed by terms you have agreed with those third parties.
6. Automated collection
When you visit this website or use our software, we may use automated tools and methods (such as cookies, sessions, and usage monitoring software) to collect certain information about your visit or software use, including:
- the internet protocol address and domain name used by your computer to connect to the Internet;
- the operating system and the browser your computer uses, and any search engine or inbound hyperlink used to reach this website;
- the nature of your use of our software or services, including information you input when using our software;
- the date, time, and duration of your website visit; and
- the pages viewed by you
This information will be used in aggregate form to analyse how this website or our software is being used, for example to analyse usage patterns in order to improve this website or our software. We will not disclose any such information except in aggregate form.
This site uses the following type of cookies to provide you with certain services or functionality:
|Name of cookie||Information collected||Purpose|
|_ga||Visits, sessions, clicks||For tracking user analytics through Google Analytics|
|_gid||Visits, sessions, clicks||For tracking user analytics through Google Analytics|
|_gat||Visits, sessions, clicks||For tracking user analytics through Google Analytics|
|NREUM||Visits, sessions, clicks||For developers to track website performance|
|JSESSIONID||Visits, sessions, clicks||For developers to track website performance|
Using cookies will not give us access to any data on your computer other than the data stored in the cookie. Although you may configure your web browser to not accept cookies, you may experience a loss of functionality as a result.
Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org.
8. Collection and deletion of credit card details
We may collect credit card details where it is necessary for the following purposes:
- to process the payment for which the credit card details were provided;
- for a subscription that requires multiple payments over time; or
- for your convenience (i.e., so that you can provide those details once instead of for every purchase).
You may at any time request that any of your credit card details be deleted. Please note that such deletion may cancel pending payments or subscriptions.
We use the following third party payment service providers to process credit card transactions on our behalf:
- Braintree: https://www.braintreepayments.com
- ClickBank: https://www.clickbank.com
9. Additional collection
We may gather more extensive information if we are concerned, for example, about abnormal website usage patterns or security breaches.
In addition to those matters set out in clause 4 above, we may also use your personal information to:
- provide you with services and information that you have requested;
- assist our software to function;
- help us debug or fix software problems;
- provide you with support in using our software or services;
- provide you with important notices and information about this website and our services;
- provide you with other information (including promotional material, news, and event information) where you agree to receive such information;
- verify your identity and to assist you if you forget your username or password;
- improve or update this website and our products;
- or enhance or improve the functionality of our software, including testing new or modified functionality;
- respond to your enquiries and communicate with you; and
- personalise this website in accordance with your preferences or enhance your user experience of this website or our software.
We may also combine data or information that we have retrieved from external sources or services with personal information that we hold, for any of the above purposes.
11. Where your personal information is held
The personal information that we collect in respect of you is hosted on our behalf on servers maintained by Linode (www.linode.com), at its data centres in the United States. Linode has advised us that it will implement measures to ensure that it complies with the GDPR prior to its introduction on 25 May 2018.
We maintain a back-up of our data, including any personal information that we collect in respect of you, on servers maintained by Amazon Web Services, Inc. (‘AWS’) (https://aws.amazon.com), at its data centres in the United States. AWS is a participant in the EU-US Privacy Shield and the Swiss-US Privacy Shield. Further details are available here.
We also access and store our data, including any personal information that we collect in respect of you, through our systems and servers located at our head office in New Zealand. New Zealand is a “white list” country, the personal data protection laws of which have been assessed by the European Commission as being adequate thereby allowing transfers of personal data from the EEA to New Zealand. Transfers from Switzerland to New Zealand have also been authorised by the Swiss FDPIC.
12. Disclosure to third parties
We may share your personal information with companies who provide services such as information processing, extending credit, fulfilling customer orders, managing and enhancing customer data, providing customer service, assessing your interest in our products and services, and conducting customer research or satisfaction surveys.
We may disclose your personal information to the following third parties in the context of providing services to you:
|Identity of third party||Website||Reason for disclosure|
|Help Scout||https://www.helpscout.net||For email delivery and sending newsletters|
|Crisp||https://app.crisp.chat||For customer support chat services|
|Aircall||https://phone.aircall.io||For creating and managing phone customer service|
|Smtp2go||https://www.smtp2go.com||For email delivery and sending newsletters|
|Customer IO||https://customer.io||For email delivery and sending newsletters|
|Webinarjam||https://www.webinarjam.com/||Registration for webinars and interaction|
|One Signal||https://onesignal.com||Sending push notifications regarding new blog posts|
|Crazy Egg||https://app.crazyegg.com||For tracking visits, sessions and clicks|
|Hotjar||https://insights.hotjar.com||For tracking visits, sessions and clicks|
13. Restrictions on use
We will not sell, rent, or lease your personal information to third parties.
We will not otherwise use or disclose your personal information except:
- where you have otherwise authorised us to do so;
- where we have given you notification of the intended use or disclosure and you have not objected to that use or disclosure in an anonymised form;
- where we believe that such use or disclosure is reasonably necessary to assist a law enforcement agency or an agency responsible for national security in the performance of their functions;
- where we believe that such use or disclosure is reasonably necessary to enforce any legal rights we may have, or is reasonably necessary to protect the rights, property and safety of us, our users, or others; or
- as otherwise required or permitted by law.
14. Right to access and request correction
It is important to us that the personal information we hold about you is accurate, complete and up to date. If you are aware that this is not case and would like your personal information corrected, or simply desire access to your personal information, please contact our Privacy Officer. You may request access to your personal information that we hold. Where you make any such request:
- we may ask you to put your request in writing;
- in some circumstances permitted by law, we may not provide such information to you;
- where we decide not to correct or provide you with access to your personal information, we will give you our reasons for our decision;
- where we provide the requested information or carry out the requested correction (or where we attach to that information a statement of any correction sought but not made), we may require you to pay a reasonable fee determined by us.
15. Update information
To ensure that the contact and billing information we hold about you is accurate and current please advise us of all necessary changes to such information as soon as possible.
16. Retention period
We will hold any personal information we collect about you for as long as is necessary to provide our services to you. If you cancel your account with us, we will retain your account information unless you request that we delete it from our system. Please submit any such requests to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
17. Third party websites
This website may contain hyperlinks to websites operated by third parties. We are not responsible for the content of such websites, or the manner in which those websites collect, store, use, and distribute any personal information you provide. When you visit third party websites from hyperlinks displayed on this website, we encourage you to review the privacy statements of those websites so that you can understand how the personal information you provide may be collected, stored, used and distributed.
19. Additional rights under the GDPR
- to receive access to their personal information in a commonly-used machine-readable format;
- to restrict processing of their personal information if a basis for doing so exists under the GDPR;
- to have any personal information about the participant erased upon request if it is no longer relevant (the “right to be forgotten”);
- to not be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling;
- to withdraw their consent to the processing of their personal data, where such consent forms the basis for the processing;
- to lodge a complaint with the appropriate data protection authority.