Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

Adding a blog to my site?

mark schaaf
Trust:

Adding a blog to my site?

I have been toying with the idea of adding a blog to my web site but am not sure what the benefits would be. Has anyone added a blog to there site and how often do you update it every week every month or more often. If I add a blog should I run an rss feed from my other articles on e-zines to my site. I have also been thinking about a forum as well but don't know much about them and there structure. I believe the web editing program I use gives me the ability to do both if i want. Any ideas
Mark

cecille.l
Trust:
One of the members here, James, created a general blog that he uses to funnel traffic into his affiliate sites. You can read more about it at the bottom of this thread.

I keep a blog on the side as well. It is a personal blog, but I oftentimes write articles that are related to my niches so I often refer to them. I update it as often as I possibly can. Search engines love it when a site is always updated and filled with good content. Readers like the same thing. Continuously updating your blog with new and original articles tend to create a following, getting your blog more traffic which will eventually trickle down to your other sites.

Hope that helps. Have a good day!
Cecille

Building affiliate marketing websites is a breeze: https://www.affilorama.com/affilojetpack
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/affilorama

warriorz
Trust:
Blogging is a great way to attract new visitors to your website, so blogs are always important to drive quality traffic to the site. you can also get quality visits, revisits, direct visits, se visits with blogging only.

You should update the blog frequently and update with more unique content.

Any suggestion or advices please paste here.

Thank you
Warriorz Soft Technologies (P) Ltd : www.warriorzinfotech.com
Offshore Software Development Company | Web Development | Web Design Services | SEO Services

Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
Adding a blog to your website is great for SEO as long as you keep updated content flowing on your site. It will also be easier for your site visitors since they won't have to leave your site to check out your blog. It would be good if you would add a post on your blog once or twice per week.

You could also find some helpful comments on this thread: How to put blog on static website
Michelle
Customer Support
=========================

Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: http://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive

Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
mark schaaf wrote:If I add a blog should I run an rss feed from my other articles on ezines to my site.

I think it would be better to have your blog RSS feed added to article directories so you get backlinks to your blog.
Michelle
Customer Support

Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: http://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive

onelifeaway
Trust:
warriorz wrote:Blogging is a great way to attract new visitors to your website, so blogs are always important to drive quality traffic to the site. you can also get quality visits, revisits, direct visits, se visits with blogging only.

You should update the blog frequently and update with more unique content.

Any suggestion or advices please paste here.

Thank you

Unique content which fits your style... I have a blog on one of my sites and I keep it personal with news articles and such which really interest me as a human being. The blog doesn't really make money but the point of it for me is to bring new customers to my site. I keep my brand in their mind because they constantly come back for my new posts... When I post about a product with my affiliate I normally make money from it as well. I need lots of readers though in order to really rack the cash in.
NEW Video Marketing Bot that Submits
to HUNDREDS of video sites...
- - www.VideoMarketingRobot.com - -

Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
mark schaaf wrote:I have also been thinking about a forum as well but don't know much about them and there structure

Adding a forum would give you lot of traffic and increase repeat visitors. You could follow the instructions on these threads to set up phpBB forums:

Trying to add a forum to my site

How to add a forum to my website

What is the difference between a blog and a forum??
Michelle
Customer Support

karell_li
Trust:
I think adding a blog in your site is a good idea. It could increase the traffic in your site.
The first step in the acquisition of wisdom is silence, the second listening, the third memory, the fourth practice, the fifth teaching others.

thel.online.ph
Trust:
Adding a blog on your site will start to magnets potential buyers. Most of the biggest websites out there have their own blogs. Hosting a blog gives you opportunities to link to other content of your site. By blogging regularly, you provide the search engine with plenty of fresh content which can lead to a higher site ranking.

This topic was started on Apr 05, 2011 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.