Looking for a program to promote? Found a product but not sure if it is any good? Discuss anything on programs and affiliate networks here.

How to handle multiple affiliate products in the same niche

snikadin
Trust:

How to handle multiple affiliate products in the same niche

Hello everyone!

I have 5 affiliate products I'm promoting and I would like to know how to make the best use of them. I'm writing articles at the moment (>20 written) and I have started monetizing some of them but I have no clue on how to decide which affiliate product to promote in each article. They are basically 5 products in the same niche with a gravity from highest to lowest 300, 250, 130, 80, 80.

Should I distribute my links in the articles evenly? So that with 25 articles I will have 5 articles linking to each affiliate program?

I'm a bit confused on why we should pick 5 products in the first place. Isn't it better to always promote the product with highest gravity?

Thank you!
wollowra
Trust:
Hi Snik,
I would suggest you do the following.. of course it is up to you.
I would put the highest gravity or highest % payout on most of your pages.
However, if one of your articles with targeted keywords leans more toward another product with less gravity then that is fine, go for relevance as it needs to be targeted.
Then on 1 page, put 5 reviews of the product with the top paying/gravity product at the top with 5 stars.
Or, you could put 5 pages with separate product reviews. Just make sure you have targeted keywords.
All this is covered in the Affiloblueprint by the way.
Hope that helps.
Regards
Troy
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize
they were the big things.

-- Robert Brault

digiblue
Trust:
I think it is best to have highly focused affiliate review websites. Across all the "general" keywords promote you top product (highest gravity) and then with the "product review" keywords promote only the relevant product.

Your picking 5 products for a few reasons:

1. People can compare and contrast each program with each other.
2. People often want to know about a few products and not just one. If you only have one review they may go and do a Google search for other related products.
3. Product review keywords convert higher so it is better to have more than one on your Website so that you can attract more targeted and buying visitors.

Hope that helps
nativenetworker
Trust:
Try to put yourself in the shoes of an average person. Nobody likes to be sold a product/service, but they love to be convinced to make a buying decision.

I used to promote many affiliate marketing programs (20+) mostly in the food industry. The problem was in tracking ALL the programs, what a headache.

I found the solution to my problems while unemployed. A friend shared an ebook called "101 Real World Ways To Make Money", I basically found a great way to make money using the ebook. This wasn't the best part, I started to question how someone can giveaway an e-book without charging something for it. I clicked on a branding link within the ebook and there it was. The ebook actually allows anyone to automatically brand it using their affiliate "nickname" from a company called Clickbank.

I think this is one of the easiest ways to promote multiple affiliate programs while keeping them all within a niche and best of all, others can give it away which promotes your affiliated programs FOR YOU. No more headaches.

A genius idea! Thanks for reading.
blogpressseo
Trust:
Try the highest Gravity product first.
Automatic BackLinks - http://BlogPressSEO.com Wp Plugin always 100% FREE

submp3s
Trust:
Its not always better to pick product with the highest gravity - this does not indicate conversion rate, and in-fact it might be harder as it is more competitive and more people trying to promote it.

Imo 5 products is too many and you might spread your traffic too thinly to really see concrete results.

I would take it down to 2 or 3 products and see from there which converts best after a few hundered visits each, and then take the single best out of those 3 and then trial it against one of the others (unless it is just converting really well and you don't think it can be beaten) ... then scale up your promotion on this single best converting product.
michael025
Trust:
You don't actually have to promote 5 products in the same niche. You can make it higher or lower depending on the theme of your article and if it matches your content. I agree with submp3, the highest gravity doesn't always mean the highest conversion rates. It only means that most of their sales are being done through affiliate links.

I suggest that you concentrate on three main products(high commission, high gravity) as a start, view the trends, and see which sells best. Once you find your main product, then gear your promotion into promoting that product, and just use other products to allow your viewers to compare it to similar products.(i.e. product review format)
henriettahkg
Trust:
Hi guys,

I am completely new, I have been running my own blog for the past 4 1/2 years but have always wanted to test out affiliate marketing. Did put a banner or two on my blog from time to time but nothing ever got sold. So I am hoping to focus and start a separate website for it. I am wondering should I have one affiliate website for a few products, or one for each product?

Thanks!
Henrietta
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
Hi henrietta, really you should have a sepate site for each NICHE, but not for each product.

personal blogs are great, but I can tell you from experience, just throwing banners on ther really wont help.
But, you can still use them on your blog if you get a lot of readers. For example, if you are blogging about a book you are reading, go over to amazon and get an affiliate link to the book. if you blog about a movie you just watched, grab an affiliate link to it. there are even tools and plugins that you can use that will help with that.

But, if you really want to start an affiliate business, you will want to set up specific sites for specific niche markets. For example, you might set up a site on dating tips for women, how to save a marriage, parenting advice, or a specific niche that you are interested in.

Check out the free training videos mark has on choosing a niche, and you will see how to start targeting your sites.
Do you want to use your online content to Educate others, inspire them to action, and run a profitable business for yourself and your family? I can help you get started
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvDlGM242pI2D5TUOCWd7A

henriettahkg
Trust:
Thank you sooo much.
Henrietta
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
your welcome. Another thing that I am doing is to have a somewhat general blog, and use it to funnel links and traffic to your individual sites. For example, I have my general personal development blog, where I talk about mind set, and success in various aspects of life. I use that blog to build links and funnel traffic to specific sites dealing with making money( my IM sites), relationships, building self esteem, personal fitness, etc.. so your personal blog becomes a center ground, and funnel people to sites specific to your niche.

IF you are using the cheap hosting at Hostgator (or equivelant,) and using shared hosting with Addon domains, the links wont do you much good SEO wise, but are there to help funnel traffic instead.

however, if you have a resellers account( which I do), then this sets up each site on its on Cpanel, and a different IP adress, which means the backlinks actually count for SEO.
Do you want to use your online content to Educate others, inspire them to action, and run a profitable business for yourself and your family? I can help you get started
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvDlGM242pI2D5TUOCWd7A

This topic was started on Feb 09, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.