Looking for a program to promote? Found a product but not sure if it is any good? Discuss anything on programs and affiliate networks here.

What would you do with this website?

magnanimous
Trust:

What would you do with this website?

Okay folks, here's the story. I built a wordpress website to promote a hair regrowth product called Ultra Growth. It started converting quickly but it was a Copeac CPA offer and Copeac discontinued the offer. I know I could join a number of other CPA marketing companies that are still offering this product and promote it through them, but because I have come to believe that the Ultra Growth product is a fraud, I have lost interest in promoting the product. Now I have a Website that Google has on the top of it's second page for two keyword search terms, Ultragrowth and Ultra Growth and I'm not sure what I should do with it. My wordpress statcounter is logging about 20 unique visitors a week and I'm getting a little Adsense action but I am a newbie and this was my first website! If anyone wants to weigh in on this, please go ahead and make some suggestions for me. The website is http://www.Ultragrowth.net if you want to take a look. Thanks
PremiumMember
adminscott
Trust:
Are you getting any sales? I am a newbie as well. I like the layout of your site. Are there any other hair growth products you can promote?
With that type of product it's kind of hard to test. perhaps get some feedback from customers who bought it already.

You could always change it to another growth product. lol

I guess it all depends on what hair growth products are still available to promote.

Adsense is kind of a double edged sword. Yes it provides a bit of revenue, but usually it is because a visitor is done with the website, and looking for more. If you want more action from your adsense, don't label them. Google doesn't mind if someone clicks because they think its content. Just as long as you don't place pictures, or links too close to the ad's to fool, or get accidental clicks.
Those are just some of my opinions. I hope it helps.

Scott
magnanimous
Trust:
Thanks Scott for taking time to respond. The answer to your first question is no, no sales. This is because I am not presently promoting anything. All products being sold through my website belong to those people who's ads are being placed on my site through google adsense. If they are getting sales through my site I have no way of knowing. As far as using Ultragrowth.net to promote other hair growth products, I've already given this some thought. It's a good idea but it is not as simple as that. I have good ranking in google because my website is setup to rank for specific keywords or keyword phrases. They are Ultragrowth, Ultra Growth with the space, Male Pattern Baldness and Hair Growth. The first two I mention are the only ones getting me any traffic. The other two, Male Pattern Baldness and Hair Growth are much more competitive and therefore harder to rank for. Changing over to another hair growth product will require changing the content of my articles or writing completely new articles. It can be done but I was hoping to get some expert advice from someone in the forum as to how to accomplish this, or advice about whether I should do something else with the site.

So Scott, how have you been doing as a newbie. Have you built any websites yet that convert? And what is it that you market?
submp3s
Trust:
Basically imo you only really have 3 options which I think you know too:
- join another network and promote a product you don't believe in (will bring you the most money if it's an offer you know converts, but depends on what you want and where your morals are).
- make alterations to your site and target different products in the same niche... if possible you could still target these keywords, but recommend a different product (might have to check you wouldn't get into trouble about that..)
- ditch the site...

Even if it's the 3rd one don't forget what you've learnt here - if it isn't something you want to keep promoting then it does sound like you have some skills here in finding niche traffic and setting things up - look for something else you can get behind and something else you can take a slice of. I am sure you will find something else, especially if this is your first attempt!
Dan
magnanimous
Trust:
Thanks Dan, Yea, I may have to sell the site eventually - to someone who knows they can turn it into something else that will become profitable. It certainly is ideal for someone who would want to negatively review the Ultra Growth product and redirect the traffic to another hair growth product. Whatever option I choose, I still feel the need more information. Thanks again

This topic was started on Nov 07, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.