Looking for a program to promote? Found a product but not sure if it is any good? Discuss anything on programs and affiliate networks here.

What's up with these other affilate networks?

kurt
Trust:

What's up with these other affilate networks?

I want a topic that I already know something about and have an interest in. I don't want to research and write a bunch of articles on a topic that does not interest me. Latter when I got the money I can outsource the article writing to somone else, but right now I can't afford that. Unfortunately clickbank doesn't have any topics that interest me. None that would be profitable anyway. So I wanted to look somewhere other than clickbank for products to promote.

The problem I'm having with that is that other affiliate networks that I've checked out are more complicated than clickbank. I checked out plimus, linkshare, and cj. They all require you to register or sign up before you can even look at the products. When signing up plimus asked for my company name. I don't have a company, but it wont let me leave it blank. Why would it ask that? It's a required field. When signing up at linkshare and cj, they both asked me for my website information. Cj even asked for my url. They wanted me to describe my website and, give current monthly unique visitors, and other stuff I can't answer because I don't have a website yet. Why would I when I haven't even seen the products yet? This doesn't even make sense.

I signed up as a publisher on these networks. Advertiser was the other option, but they said if you promote people's products on your site or blog than you're a publisher. What is up with these affiliate networks? Why do they ask questions like this and require you to answer them? Now I can't even finish the sign up process. Could someone explain this to me please. Thank you.
newstart
Trust:
These companies are attempting to filter out of their mix the selection of affiliate marketers that do not produce. As it is 20% of the affiliate marketers produce 80% of the sales. These companies are wanting to limit their accepted affiliates to the 20% that create the business.

Apparently they are willing to accept the chance that there may be a few that are unwilling or unable to complete their application process that are producers.
kakaboo
Trust:
Funny why you should be worried.. if the application process is more strigent for a particular affiliate network, it is a good sign - for the products that you would be able to promote would probably have lesser competition as compared to Clickbank (especially when it comes to physical health products that dish out up to 20-30% comission!)

If you already have an interest in a particular niche, then the best way to find affiliate programs for it would be through google, like for instance if you have an interest in golf then you might search for

golf affiliate programs

or go to the top few sites for golf-related keywords and see what kind of stuff they are promoting and take it from there.. saves a lot of time and hassle from having to sign up to each individual network to see what they have for you to be promoting!
esolutions
Trust:
Kurt,

In your case, you should setup a user friendly, valuable site (no ads yet) and even start getting some traffic. Then submit that to the affiliate networks. This will show them that you are able to provide value and get traffic which will of course convert into sales once they approve you and you place the ads on your site.

By building a site around ads, you end up with something that rarely sees traffic and barely ever converts, so affiliate networks don't even want to waste their time.
List not growing fast enough?
Get More Opt Ins:
http://mattgreener.com/view/arfree

This topic was started on Aug 05, 2011 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.