Looking for a program to promote? Found a product but not sure if it is any good? Discuss anything on programs and affiliate networks here.

What's an ideal gravity score to look for?

davetrevino
Trust:

What's an ideal gravity score to look for?

Hi Folks

I was looking for some products to promote at click bank. I noticed on the product page that the lowest gravity for a product was 8.5 and the highest gravity for a product was 255.5

I heard that the higher the gravity the better to sell. But doesn't a high gravity score like 255.5 indicate a lot of competition
for that product. What's an ideal gravity score to look for ?

Cheers
Dave Trevino
www.TrevinoMarketing.com

PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
Mark recommends anything over 30. there is no such thing as toomuch competition. I have one product with a gravity over 300, and I make regular sales of it myself. that just means a lot of people are making sales of the product, which means it is a good deal to promote it.
Do you want to use your online content to Educate others, inspire them to action, and run a profitable business for yourself and your family? I can help you get started
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvDlGM242pI2D5TUOCWd7A

sonitin
Trust:
To be frank, if you are going for anything above gravity of 100 be ready for some very strong competition. I suggest you take a look at competition too.
"offshoreally.com" - One click for all outsourcing requirements including bookmarking, submissions, dedicated staff, link building..

Looking for a qualified virtual assistant to help you with your work? Click here - "offshoreally.com/internet-marketing-outsourcing-seo/virtual-assistant-link-building"

Enter The" Bad Ass" SEO Guest Blogging Contest to WIN CASH PRIZES http://bit.ly/9knBFs

PM me for coupon codes!

PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
LOL, competition means nothing if you are doing it right sonitin. the only competition is on the keywords in most niches. bonuses are only a competetive nature in the IM niche, and if you offer one, when most others dont, you can easily make good sales. I do it all the time in niche markets. and usually do it with something that I cross promote from another niche.
Do you want to use your online content to Educate others, inspire them to action, and run a profitable business for yourself and your family? I can help you get started

sonitin
Trust:
@James

My advice was for people starting out. I am not sure how many newbies will get it right the first time and most will quit before they make anything. :(

I remember the days when I started and there was such an information overload that you are bound to get overwhelmed, I talk to people starting now and I get similar vibes. My advice to anyone starting out is to not to shoot for the highest gravity products but build your site around lesser popular products and keywords first (assuming your traffic strategy is SEO/PPC), most people don't target them and its easy to rank for them and ppc costs are lower.

If your traffic strategy is based around forums and social networking then it wont matter, you need to funnel people to your website using networking and then redirect them to best selling product.
"offshoreally.com" - One click for all outsourcing requirements including bookmarking, submissions, dedicated staff, link building..

Looking for a qualified virtual assistant to help you with your work? Click here - "offshoreally.com/internet-marketing-outsourcing-seo/virtual-assistant-link-building"

Enter The" Bad Ass" SEO Guest Blogging Contest to WIN CASH PRIZES http://bit.ly/9knBFs

PM me for coupon codes!

PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
Thats true, but then again, Magic of making up was my first sale, with a gravity of 350 at the time...

davetrevino
Trust:
Thanks Fellas for your input. Competition is a good thing. It means that people are buying.

Dave T.
Dave Trevino
www.TrevinoMarketing.com

emilsp
Trust:
An obvious advantage of high gravity products is that they convert well and perhaps better than other products in the same niche. Many people wouldn't be promoting (and wouldn't be making sales from) a product that doesn't have a good conversion rate.

So it's often a good idea to go for a high-gravity product. There could be some problems with product name keywords, though, if your product has a really high gravity.

If you're targeting other keywords, it really doesn't hurt to promote the top selling products of your niche.

boazdexter
Trust:
hye '
what is click bank gravity ?
i really dont know about it
so please kindly tell me something a bout it
davetdallas
Trust:
Hey Boazdexter

If you go to clickbank.com and look at the products that they sell in clickbanks marketplace.
Under every product there is a list of green stats. Here is the explanation of what they mean including the gravity statistic.

“$/sale” means the average amount of money that you will be paid for
each sale of this product, minus refunds. It is impossible to say how
many customers, if any, are going to ask for refunds in any given pay
period.

“Future $:” - in most cases this will refer to money from an ongoing
subscription that a customer signs up for. This is also called “rebill
revenue”. If there is no subscription, this amount will be zero.

“Total $/sale” - The average amount that an affiliate will be paid per
sale, including all rebills.

“%sale” refers to what percentage of the sales price goes to the
affiliate.

“%refd” number is how many of the product’s sales on Clickbank are
referred by affiliates, as opposed to how many are made directly by the
merchant.

It’s a good sign if this is a high number, because it means that affiliates
are finding this is a profitable item to promote. If the merchant is doing
most of the promoting, that means that affiliates aren’t making much
money off of it for whatever reason.

And finally, a product’s “gravity” is a measure of how well a product is
selling. It reflects the number of affiliates who have earned a
commission from a product, and other factors as viewed by Clickbank.

Many affiliates shy away from any product with a gravity below 60 or 70.
This isn’t always the case though because there might be stunning
products in there which sell extremely well yet not many affiliates have
heard about them.

Some affiliates also become concerned when gravity is to high.
The concern is that there are so many affiliates promoting the product
that the marketplace may become overcrowded, and it will be very hard
to sell that product.

However, some affiliates believe that a crowded market is a sign that
the product is profitable.

You’ll have to decide for yourself whether “gravity” matters to you in this
case, although it’s a good idea not to pick a product with terribly low
gravity, because there is usually a reason.

Source: PLR E-book Your first 100 dollars on-line

Hope this helps
danlew
Trust:
jmpruitt wrote:Mark recommends anything over 30. there is no such thing as toomuch competition. I have one product with a gravity over 300, and I make regular sales of it myself. that just means a lot of people are making sales of the product, which means it is a good deal to promote it.

I agree James is right, you will find some affiliates looking at low gravity products to promote cause it is less competitive, so you will have a higher chance at selling it!
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
I agree. gravity alone is a good way to pick out products when starting out, but I have some with really low gravity scores that convert really well. however, when starting out a new niche I look at gravity. as i become more comfortable, I will look at lower gravity products, review the sales page, and contact the merchant about conversions.

This topic was started on Aug 09, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.