Looking for a program to promote? Found a product but not sure if it is any good? Discuss anything on programs and affiliate networks here.

What is your sales to visitor ratio?

stevenar
Trust:

What is your sales to visitor ratio?

Just curious, could anyone tell me how many sales they make for "x" amount of visitors. I just made a Authority Site this month and I've been putting up banners for a product that almost all my visitors would be intrested in but I can't seem to make a single sale. Before the authority site, I was using a review site that sold the same products and I was making about $100 bucks a day (5 sales a day), so the product is good.

I understand review websites have a much higher sale/visitor ratio than a community type website that isnt focusing on getting people to buy the product im selling.

My Authority Sites stats:
3618 Unique Visitors in the past 2 weeks.
1.9 visits per visitor (so most return)
69% of the visitors add my site to their favorites.

So my sites not a crappy site.. I just cant seem to get a sale.

My Review Site stats:
~100 unique visitors a day.
1 sale every 20 visitors.

All banner positions are placed in optimum positions according to google's hot spot chart.

Can anyone else share their visitor/sale ratio? I'm getting really frustrated.
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
IMO......... banner ad = blind eye from customer

Try a text link or a newsletter grab.
stevenar
Trust:
You might be right. I'll stick up some text adsense to try it out. Thanks for the tip Adrian :)
superaff
Trust:
I second this, as an affiliate you must PRe-sell. Banner aren't preselling.
Did you see the amazing case studies on my blog http://mynetmarketingland.com/blog1/
Affiloblueprint Bonus: http://www.mynetmarketingland.com/mark-ling/affiloblueprint.html

PremiumMember
promocode
Trust:
make it a third - go text links and place an adsense banner in that spot :D

PC