Looking for a program to promote? Found a product but not sure if it is any good? Discuss anything on programs and affiliate networks here.

Using Adsense when websites are layer based - What do I do?

amroch
Trust:

Using Adsense when websites are layer based - What do I do?

Hi Mark,

I just read your blog called "An easy way to earn more from Adsense". (Lesson 4.4) about how the Adsense script scans your web page. It assumes that the web page design is table based and suggests some valuable tips accordingly.

But what if my site is Layer based ? for example

I generally use CSS to position and format the layers.

Do I place the layer which holds the prime Adsense position on top of all other ad layers followed by the next important and so on ?

Please suggest.

Amroch
Site Admin
markling
Trust:
I haven't tested with layers, but I'm assuming that you won't need to do anything special.

The problem with tables is that the way it's written in the HTML is in a different order to how you actually want a reader (and a search engine spider) to read the page. Even though the column on the left isn't the main part of the page, (and even though the ads might appear way down the bottom of the column) the search engines see this column first, so put the good ads there.

I guess with divs, layers and CSS positioning you just need to make sure that your most prominent adsense block appears earliest in the source code. I don't think the spiders pay much attention to CSS.

Download and use the Google Adsense Preview Tool to figure out which ads are bidding the highest (the ones at the top of the list) and then see where they appear on your page. (Note that they won't always be the same ads, but *some* will be the same, so you should be able to work it out.)

Let me know how you get on!

Regards,
Mark
Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: https://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive

amroch
Trust:
Thanks Mark. I'll remember your suggestion.

Amroch
PremiumMember
revimp
Trust:
where do you find the "adsense preview tool" you mentioned?
amroch
Trust:
h**ps://www.google.com/adsense/support/bin/answer.py?answer=10005

But I wish Mark had a video on this as well. :)