Looking for a program to promote? Found a product but not sure if it is any good? Discuss anything on programs and affiliate networks here.

Should I Give Up On These 3 Affiliate Products?

griser12
Trust:

Should I Give Up On These 3 Affiliate Products?

Hi,

For many weeks I've had campaigns (Google, Yahoo and MSN) trying to promote 3 products within the same niche.
The problem is that none of these companies allow me to use their product's name on my ad copies or on my keyword lists.

This makes it difficult to have profitable campaigns. Should I just try to find other products/companies and if I can't find any, look for new markets?

Thanks,
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
Hmm, depends on your strategy. I tend to drive people to my own sites so I can build a list of people and market to them again and again. Direct linking (which is what I'm assuming you're doing) is pretty tough, especially if you can't use the product name.

If you're going to direct link stuff, find a product where you can use the product name without any trouble.

Sean
www.SixDayWeekend.com
Free Training Videos reveal how I make 6 figures while travelling the world

griser12
Trust:
Hi Sean06,

I've been promoting these products through my own site from the beginning. I have 4 different landing pages and tried different lists of keywords and ad copies. I've made a few sales ($175 in commissions) but just short of breaking even ($205 in campaign expenses).

Continuing with this market may be OK if I had enough experience, but when you're starting I may be better of looking for a better market.

What do you think?
binkley50
Trust:
100's of ppc campaigns are like yours. You'll be rewarded for building a website and keyword specific landing pages. Google especially looks at the page content more than ever. It's getting harder and harder to have profitable campaigns without having a highly relevant set of keywords and specific landing pages.

*Link removed by Moderator*
Eric Binkley

superaff
Trust:
Hey,

These seems to be good numbers.

What I think is that you should test, track and tweak more until you reach the point where you are profitable.

Split test everything (your landing page, your headlines, your call to action. etc..) and split test against new offers. You already know that the market is buying, so it may be worth it to try to make it profitable for you.

Look at what your competition is doing. Testing and tracking is what makes the difference.

Franck

Griser12 wrote:Hi Sean06,

I've been promoting these products through my own site from the beginning. I have 4 different landing pages and tried different lists of keywords and ad copies. I've made a few sales ($175 in commissions) but just short of breaking even ($205 in campaign expenses).

Continuing with this market may be OK if I had enough experience, but when you're starting I may be better of looking for a better market.

What do you think?
Did you see the amazing case studies on my blog http://mynetmarketingland.com/blog1/
Affiloblueprint Bonus: http://www.mynetmarketingland.com/mark-ling/affiloblueprint.html

This topic was started on Aug 31, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.