Looking for a program to promote? Found a product but not sure if it is any good? Discuss anything on programs and affiliate networks here.

Opt Ins on Affiliate Sale Pages

asaatlou
Trust:

Opt Ins on Affiliate Sale Pages

Hello,
I am new to affiliate marketing and had a quick question. I was on ClickBank reviewing few products and noticed on their sales page they all had a Opt-In option for the visitors to provide their information so they can receive additional information. Wouldn't this affect my commission/sales? Appreciate all the help that I can get.

Tony
Antoni Saatlou

wollowra
Trust:
Hi Tony,
yes, you are correct to a point.
They could give their name and email to the merchant.
You just need to weigh up this when choosing a product to promote.
Remember that if they go through your hoplink first that a cookie will stay on their
machine until they go to another affiliate link or a merchants affiliate link.
However the merchant could email them directly as well.
If they are a dishonest seller they could intercept your affiliate link and redirect it to their own link
but you can check this somewhat by clicking through your own HopLink and go all the way to the order form & check that your nickname shows up at the bottom.
This is uncommon because if they were ever found out by anyone, there goes their online rep and clickbank will kick them out of the marketplace.

All part of the Internet Marketing business.

Regards
Troy
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize
they were the big things.

-- Robert Brault

asaatlou
Trust:
Thank you Troy!
Antoni Saatlou

PremiumMember
sybiantex
Trust:
Sign up to their email list. When you get your first email from them, click the link in the email and make sure your affiliate ID shows up at the bottom of the order form. If it does, you're good...if it doesn't, then ditch the vendor.

This topic was started on Feb 05, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.