Looking for a program to promote? Found a product but not sure if it is any good? Discuss anything on programs and affiliate networks here.

Need some advice to get my niche

jrliem
Trust:

Need some advice to get my niche

Hi,

I am newbie and learning how to get profitable niche.
I am searching 2 keywords, let say keywords A and keywords B. I am very interested with A but I noticed that this keyword has very high competition to get high rank and has many affiliate competition too. Keyword B has many traffic and low competition but I am not interested with.
So, which keyword should I take to be my niche?

thanks,
Samuel
mjsmale
Trust:
Hi Samuel

I've tested a couple of niches using PPC and found that it is too expensive to get traffic on them. Perhaps a better strategy for these niches is to drive free traffic then receive PPC revenue using AdSense (or non Google equivalents).

When you are researching a niche you not only need lots of searches but you also need very low PPC cost if you are going to be able to get reliable traffic - which is what PPC gives you.

Please feel free to contact me if you want any more help. My site is linked below and if you register you'll go to a download page with links to my blogs, facebook, twitter etc.

Best wishes for your success
Michael Smale
brucestewart
Trust:
jrliem.
I use a free tool that helps me with my research and it is
freely available to download and will sit on your desk top.

It is completely safe and is not spyware.
I think you will like it.

On what I have seen a lot of people dont know about it.
http://www.searchautomator.com/

Good Luck with your internet ventures.
Bruce.d.Stewart
jrliem
Trust:
Hi all,
thanks for your advice...
What I would like to know is why did you select a certain niche.... is it because you interested or you found that the niche has high probability to get revenue.
There are zillion of keyword, why did you research a certain keyword?

Cheers,
Samuel
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
for starters, I searched clickbank for high gravity. found that WoW was high enough, and I play so have some knowledge in the niche. This has helped since I don't have moeny for outsourcing and I am writing my own content.
After Clickbank, started looking at keywords using Traffic travis and google keyword tool. looking at google keyword tool will give you a good idea of the traffic the keywords are getting. At this stage dont wory about competition. get keywords with 1500 searches or more and start writing your articles. this is one of the stages where analasis paraplysis will stop most people from advancing. Just choose a few keywords and get something started. you can always analyze what isnt working later,
I have found it is easier to slightly change an article for different keywords later, than not making any progress at all
(excuse the horrible spelling, its been a long day)
Do you want to use your online content to Educate others, inspire them to action, and run a profitable business for yourself and your family? I can help you get started
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvDlGM242pI2D5TUOCWd7A

mjsmale
Trust:
Great answer James. Popular categories on eBay & Amazon are good too. Alexa.com has data on trends and traffic.
Last edited by mjsmale on 29 Jul 09 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

jrliem
Trust:
thanks James for inspiring answer.

I'll try it.

Samuel

This topic was started on Jul 27, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.