Looking for a program to promote? Found a product but not sure if it is any good? Discuss anything on programs and affiliate networks here.

I Need Help On Promoting A Product!

juderm
Trust:

I Need Help On Promoting A Product!

It is great to be here! I don't know if this post is appropriate here. I am new to affiliate marketing and I have learned a lot so far. I actually signed up to Clickbank and started to promote my first product by linking it in my Twitter posts. The link was okey because I tested it by clicking it and it showed the vendor's website with my Clickbank ID nickname under the "cart" page, however I checked my Clickbank account and it did not show up in my products list. How come it was not showing it in my account under "products"? I checked also in the "analytics" and and it did not show anywhere there either. Should I wait for a few hours before it will show? Hope to hear from you. Thanks a lot to your help!
PremiumMember
ade74
Trust:
Hi Juderm,

The 'My Products' listings in your CB account relate to your own products that sell through CB.

CB does not keep records on which products individuals are promoting. This is a matter for each individual affiliate - to keep records.

Not sure about Twitter related features... I wouldn't try to sell directly to twitter followers... not unless you have built up a very close relationship with them already. Best to give links to your FREE info / review and include your affiliate link there.

Hope this helps?

Good luck in your new ventures!

Regards

Ade
Last edited by ade74 on 28 Feb 11 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

joshuas
Trust:
Hi Juderm,

According to Clickbank, they update the analytics report a few times a day. If you've only just tested the link then most likely it won't have shown up yet. You should see it in the report after 24 hours though.

Regards,
Joshua
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
twitter is not made for spamming your affliate links. instead, build a site, and do a product review, tweet that, if you must. Make sure that you are sharing valuable tips and information, not just tweeting your own site, otherwise you will get ignored, and unfollowed by people.

I dont go to a social site to have a product that I dont want or need shoved down my throat. show a little respect for your followers, and treat them how you would want to be treated.
Do you want to use your online content to Educate others, inspire them to action, and run a profitable business for yourself and your family? I can help you get started
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvDlGM242pI2D5TUOCWd7A

bmusic
Trust:
JMPruitt said it all. Social media got it´s name for a reason, socialize not spamarize.
Treat affiliate marketing as a business, because it IS. Learn from experts Mark Ling, JM and other few trusted sources like I did and do and slowly you will "get it". This is not a get rich quick scheme, no matter what others elsewhere are trying to convince you about.
Hope this helps, never give up and good luck.

This topic was started on Feb 28, 2011 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.