Looking for a program to promote? Found a product but not sure if it is any good? Discuss anything on programs and affiliate networks here.

I have an ebook I want to sell. I am looking for a partner.

theastonmartian
Trust:

I have an ebook I want to sell. I am looking for a partner.

Hi!

I am planning on purchasing Affiloblueprint soon enough. My problem is that I am a 20 year old guy who is desperate, and also that the people around me don't have any faith on my ability, and insist on having more knowledge than I do, even though I am the one that has taken the time to read websites, attend webinars, and read books on the topic. Therefore, I cannot do much until I prove my ability to my parents, and siblings. Yeah, it sucks since I do not have the financial freedom with $10,000 + interest student loans, and a part-time job at a retail store.

Initially, I wanted to be an affiliate, and start out that way. I even picked a niche, and had plans to work on that, but changed my mind as time went on. I have enough knowledge to actually write an e-book, and even have the passion for writing. Also, since I write the e-book, I can get the Affiliates to review my product, or do the advertising. This way, I don't have to worry about selling as much.

Here's the advantage that I possess. I have read several books on investing throughout the years, and have taken advice from some of the best in the industry in general. I have enough knowledge on reducing risk on investments, that I can easily make an e-book. At this point of time, my e-book has 14 pages, but I will add even more content, and my aim is to at least have 60 pages worth of product. I cover numerous methods of investing from stock market, to real estate, to 401(k)'s to even affiliate marketing as a means to get wealthy, and leave the dead end job that buyers may suffer from. I myself am in a part-time job which I do not enjoy, so I can feel the buyer's pain. My material won't be a get rich quick scheme, but rather a simplistic approach for efficient investing, which does not confuse people, or force them to go back to college to learn more. I have several different methods in one e-book, so it will be a quality product.

I am already very confident about my e-book, but am really short on cash. Since I have a joint account with my mother, I really lack the freedom to pull out a lot of cash. Instead, I am choosing a noble approach. I want to sell my e-book, make profit, and then garner the respect that I deserve from the people around me. Once I save up enough money, I will definitely purchase Affiloblueprint, since I really want to leave my job, and become a successful, respected individual.

Since I cannot come up with the cash, and time is my enemy, I require help, or advice from you. I am willing to partner up with somebody, and give half of my profits, excluding affiliate commissions, to my partner. Someone who has experience in this field can easily set me up, and get the work done in a short time. I will also do anything in my power to sell as many copies so we could all benefit. In exchange, all my partner has to do is come up with a website, initial costs, and a scripted video to help me out. I will even write my own newsletter if I have to, and write the script for the introductory video. The selling will be done by affiliates, and my partner will be responsible for SEO of our site, and advertising to affiliates. While this may seem tedious, you have to understand that I am willing to give away half of my profits for my product, and it will be as if you wrote the e-book.

I am sorry for asking for a bail out at this point, but I am also taking responsibility. For the first time in my life, I don't want to be pushed around, but also to take action. After all, the sales of my e-book will not only prove to my parents my seriousness, but also help me get out of my hectic job, and finally embark on my passion. Writing an ebook is not easy, but all the time I spent learning about investing will finally come to good use. I am not sure where to put my request for help, other than here, since I trust Mr. Ling, and his employees. If anybody could look into my case, suggest a solution, or even a partner, then I would be grateful.

Thank you for your help, and the forum's warm approach to greet newcomers. It means a lot to me at this point.

Sincerely,

Md.

PS: I have heavily advertised Affilorama, including providing links to Affiloblueprint, lessons, and webinar so that the buyers of my e-book can really get into the business idea, and be members of Affilorama.

PSS: This will be my first experience on the field, so the more copies I sell, the sooner I can buy Affilblueprint, and the sooner I can succeed. At this point, this is my only hope, and an honest partner could really be the driving factor that can lead me to financial independence, and initial steady income.
newstart
Trust:
Originally I planned on passing over this topic and not responding. However, after consideration I decided to do otherwise. I have had a full-time career as a school administrator encouraging students to work through problems, circumstances and endure until success is attained.

That being said you need to put alot more work into your effort. You may have developed a formula for investing, however you have not as yet proven your thesis. There is an old addage that says "To know and not to do is NOT to know." What that addage is stating is that information in itself is cheap. The real knowledge is the bumps and bruises that occur in the journey toward success. Information is good, but information without the accompanying journey to success has little value for the information starved student.

You claim your limiting factor is money or the lack of money. That is a LIE. Money or the lack of it is NEVER the actual barrier you have stopping you from attaining success. You are using the lack of money as an excuse for your lack of experience and failures both past and future.

There are many books on the subject of money. Perhaps the best book series I can recommend is the books written by Robert Kyosaki in the "Rich Dad, Poor Dad" series. These books are written very simplistically yet are able to convey the attitudes required about money for someone to attain financial success. I would highly recommend you read these entire Rich Dad Poor Dad series of books. You will need to not only read them but devour the information contained therein. By devour I am asking you to change your life attitudes from those of poor people to those of wealthy people. This attitude change is extremely difficult, but if you are willing to put in the effort you will attain SUCCESS. I would also recommend you read biographies (including autobiographies) of successful people who have attained true success in their field. The principles behind attaining SUCCESS are the same whether they are financial, athletic, social or whatever. What you want to discover are the bumps and problems they encountered on their journey to success and how they overcame them.

As to your lack of resources in acquiring "AffiloBlueprint". If I were to analyze your life job patterns I would likely find areas where you are wasting money and areas you are devoting time to unproductive activities. You need to become diligent with your financial assets and more importantly your asset of time. When you have created the habits required for success money through savings and friendships, acquaintances will develop. Begin saving daily and you will have the assets for acquiring AffiloBlueprint before you realize it. You need to become the person you desire to be before you can acquire the things you desire.

I know what I have written is difficult to hear. There is a great deal more that could be said, however I feel I should be brief and that I have provided enough information to put you on the road to success.

GOOD LUCK! - I wish you a wonderful exciting FUTURE. Life is what we make of it by creating attitudes and principles to live our life.
kakaboo
Trust:
We all think we have knowledge, we all think we know everything well enough just by reading so many stuff... but the fact is.. the moment you start doing it.. you will realize actually how much stuff you don't know.

And asking people to become your partner to sell your e-book when it has only 14 pages and not even near completion does not really sound like a very sincere move...

Short on cash???? You have a part time job like you said! It is probably more than enough for you live on and still manage some savings for your part time business if you scrimp a little.. you are only 20, you are probably much better off than people who have families and children and also rents to pay

and if you think that you know a lot already, why would you think that Affiloblueprint would be able to solve your problems? Affiloblueprint is well, just a blueprint.. it just basically covers the basic aspects of affiliate marketing in greater detail. But I presume you already know a lot about keyword research, SEO , etc... so sorry to burst your bubbles but don't look to Affiloblueprint as the magic bullet to get you out of your mess in life

I am saying this because I just bought Jetpack and well as I expected, the training in there is basically the same anywhere else except in greater detail and you get to see a site being built live from scratch. It's just keyword research->creating content->driving traffic through SEO or other means->build links->monetize your site->tweak, tweak to your satisfication->rinse and repeat... all these actually can be learnt just by going through the free lessons on Affilorama... blueprint and jetpack just puts them all together in a more organized way and in a lot more detail and also in a sense force you to take action ( due to the price you pay! and knowing there are people who are going through the same thing as you at the same time helps a lot! )

Sorry to be so harsh, but I was similar to you in the past.. ( I am 21 years old now only ) so I totally understand how you feel now.. but like what newstart has said, if you take the time to reflect about it, they are just excuses...

All the best...
(me is go to grind articles again BOO)
theastonmartian
Trust:
I can certainly appreciate all your points, and I know that there is no easy way out. My first book that I read on Investing was indeed Rich Dad, Poor Dad, so I was heavily inspired by it. However, it was also too vague, and could cost anyone their money. Robert Kiyosaki's mentality was that even if you have to, then be destroyed, and come out with the knowledge that you learned. However, I find some of his advice too general.

I know that maybe I am young, and it is good to assume that my e-book is impartial with experience. However, I am still working on it. I am not asking for a partner upfront, and will wait. Once I finish writing it up, I will try to patent it, and then release it, so I can get your opinions. There is some solid information in my e-book, and some vague ones, which I try to clarify as best as I could. There are some common sense methods, and some methods which people don't know on a day to day basis. I will try my best to work on it even more.

I am not a wasteful person. The majority of my paycheque goes to my bank. I don't buy personal luxuries, but only spend little money on food, or coffee. I am frugal that way. The problem here is that I have a joint account with my mother, which only happened because my sister was caught lying, and went to a night club. Yeah, family situations. I can easily take money out of my bank, and invest into affiloblueprint, but if I do that, I will have to answer to my parents as to why I took out that much money, and where I put it. If you guys think that you were harsh, you weren't. Instead, you should have seen the look on my mother's face, and by sibling's constant criticism of my inadequacies. They treated me like child who was out to be scammed. If I go behind their backs, then they may even lock up my computer. I know that this sounds too hilarious for a 20 year old guy, but it is true. If I can succeed in my first venture, then the least I could do is prove my worth to them.

Affiloblueprint isn't a magic bullet (I am thinking about the dating product by Nick Savoy). I know that. However, I could really use the basic step-by-step guides, and blueprint to get the sense of security, and move on. I know about keyword tool, but SEO is hard for me to grasp, and so is website building. The blueprint will work with me, and help me out that way. I will still work on Affiliate Marketing, but I want to start out with something I can call my own.

Again, please do not apologize. I am the one asking for advice, and I should be the one thanking you profusely for getting that advice. I hope that now that I finally explained my situation, it could help more. Thank you.

Sincerely,

Md.
Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
It seems that you're into writing so another thing that you could do to generate extra income is post a job in Elance or Odesk and offer article writing services. You could earn US$300 (30 articles at US$10) on each Affiloblueprint site.
Michelle
Customer Support
=========================

Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: http://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive

kakaboo
Trust:
The problem with your e-book is you seem to be writing to help other people achieve financial freedom and achieve wealth when you seem to be suffering from the same problems yourself...

The advice in books such as Rich Dad, Poor Dad, is very general...because it really is just simple. There is really no magic trick or secret behind them... the most important thing to get out of these books are the mindset that they are trying to help you to change, rather than the advice itself

As for your paycheque going into your bank, I am sure your mother do not control the amount that is going into your bank so tightly? If so, you could probably just take a smaller portion of it every month and put it aside to save for whatever you need?

Your family is just concerned and worried about you... if now they think that making money online is a scam... what makes you think they would think differently even if you made it?

I am saying this because I am involved in an offline MLM company, I know of some young people who are doing very well in it, and their parents were the same all over - criticizing them and asking them not to be stupid and get scammed because they had to place a small amount of fee to purchase the products before they could start... but even after they succeeded... their parents still think nothing of it ! They still think that its a 'scamming' business'... only by going to school, getting a good managerial position in a company is not a scam in most parents eyes

You just gotta take some time to maybe communicate with your parents a little.. thats probably the most logical and best way to solve this problem. $200 isn't really a lot of money after all
theastonmartian
Trust:
Hi!

Thank you for the great idea. It never really occurred to me to write for Elance. I think a huge door just opened up for me. I really owe you one Michelle.

Well, kakaboo, I agree with you. I myself lack the experience, but the methods I post come from a strong base. For instance, take Affiliate Marketing. Without success in it, I can still vouch for it since I know that people have found success with it. I know that it is one field where anybody can be successful as long as they follow a simple set of steps, and implement it with their knowledge to become efficient. It is much safer than an MLM marketing company, where the pyramid scheme may fall short in the initial stages, and the profit may not be worth all the effort. Not all MLM companies are pyramid schemes, but a lot are.

Another field I talk about is the stock market. I personally don't have to be successful to write an e-book. Instead, I know a second grader who was able to get good returns on a yearly basis beating the S&P500. The approach he followed was simple. He simply owned almost all the companies in the world by diversification. His returns beat many so called gurus, and investors method because he kept it simple. Sure he is not a Value Investor, but his method, or rather the diversification method reduces the risk greatly. Not only that, but if you go to Google Finance and look up the Vanguard Stock Index, you will see the trend which goes goes up, and down, and then back up. You simply buy low, and sell high. It is bound to work that way.

Think about it. I am pretty sure you are an affiliate. Let me ask you this, do you actually use the products of your sellers, and get the full satisfaction before you promote it, or do you simply look at the Clickbank stats, and the niche before reviewing it, or selling it? It is the same concept. We don't have to experience it fully, before vouching for it. All we can do is look at stats, other professional reviewers, and have knowledge to promote it.
kakaboo
Trust:
Hi

In my opinion affiliates are different from product creators, if I wanted to promote something as an affiliate, I would be sure to check that I know what the vendor really knows what he or she is talking about before choosing to promote it

Then again , that's just my personal opinions, you may think otherwise, that is ok!

All the best! Hope you find a solution out soon!
theastonmartian
Trust:
Thank you. I am actually going to finish off the e-book, just in case. Aside from that, I plan on to join Elance too. After all, participation is important to build a work ethic.

As an affiliate, I won't use their product, but if they have good records, then I will try to write relevant articles, to give their product the upper hand. However, it does take quite a bit of time to get to that status where you are making $10,000 a month, so I have my instincts to guide me.

How about you? I would love to hear your success with Affiliate Marketing. It will only inspire me, and for that I will be grateful.
kakaboo
Trust:
I don't have much success with affiliate marketing yet! My join date is exactly around the same time I started internet marketing! I am not lying about that!

Like everyone else who first got started I got suckered away into "Get rich quick online programs" , especially those that were found in Traffic Exchanges & safelists! In the end I got distracted from what I wanted to learn in the first place ( building a proper website) and went to click credits and promote get rich quick programs myself too!

I did manage to make some money in that area within 1-2 months, not enough to quit a day job, but still some money...but after a while I could not stand it anymore because I knew whom the people that were going to send me money were like ... desperate and looking for a quick cure.. I just couldnt continue knowing that! I was like selling dreams and hopes to them rather than providing real value!

I know of people who have no knowledge on getting traffic the correct and proper way.. and they ended up purchasing credits on Traffic Exchanges! And then complain that they are getting zits and nuts when they bought 6000views or something....they just didnt get how the whole thing worked even after I tried explaining to them! I just couldnt continue taking the money from these people.. worst of all some of these views were claimed by bots on certain Traffic Exchanges!

So naturally I went back to looking for alternatives and went back to WF and Affilorama! So in actual fact I only started last month, but the more I am at this, the more I realize how much I don't know! It is just like riding a bicycle, walking, driving.... the instructions seem to be very simple, but you have to keep doing it yourself until you suddenly 'get it'!

I used to think similarly like you which was I replied originally, I could feel a lot of negativity in your post! But maybe it's just me! All I can say is that personally I feel the things you learn in Jetpack or Blueprint can actually be found in the free lessons and free webinars! Its just that you will get a lot more support and the price tag would propel you to at least start and get some momentum going!

If you need to find inspiration, there are tons out there if you want to look for it! Try looking up jacksonlin, cterao,pzenji, smuigal posts on this forum for a start! Like the saying goes : You will always find what you are looking for , if you are looking for reasons why this or that wont work, chances are you always will! Mindset is the most important yet probably the most difficult thing to change in this business! and read that sentence again... internet marketing is ultimately still a business after all!

Good luck!
faradina
Trust:
@TheAstonMartian, going back to the ebook that you want to sell, if you really still want to sell it, it would be best that you finish it first. I do not think anybody would partner with you without first seeing what you have. Your partners will, after all, be investing money, time, effort, and, in most cases, their online reputation to market your ebook.
michael025
Trust:
@AstonMartian(nice avatar of lelouch), I was reading through your post and the opinions of the others who posted here, and I myself would like to add that the first thing to do is try to change your way of thinking. Sorry if I have to be blunt, but if you want to promote your ebook and find a partner who will invest in your talents, then I think you should do so with a more positive approach. Don't get me wrong, I understand your situation, and appreciate your honesty and your desire to be able to prove yourself. But the niche you are trying to get into is making money. I mean, I don't know, maybe your ebook is very insightful and the methods you discuss are very useful and worth a lot, but the sad truth is, by stating clearly that you do not have money, then it means your methods are unproven. If I was an investor looking for a partner, then I would most likely choose someone who has already proven their talents such as Mark Ling, Anik Singal etc. as I can see that where they are now is due to the efforts they put in, and people would be interested in knowing how they can emulate what they did to try to reach their current financial status.

My advise is, similar to Michelle, use your talents first at writing with either eLance, or Odesk, and try to earn additional money from there. You can even set up a new account so your family wouldn''t have access to your extra income, and further your skills from there. You can use the knowledge you attained from your research to invest the money you earned, and put your knowledge into practice. Once you start earning money, then you would have proven your methods to be useful. That's the time to sell your ebook. People always look for results. That's fact.

Sorry for being blunt, but I wish you all the best : )

This topic was started on Nov 28, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.