Looking for a program to promote? Found a product but not sure if it is any good? Discuss anything on programs and affiliate networks here.

How does a 0 gravity product get started?

randerson
Trust:

How does a 0 gravity product get started?

I'm surprised at the number of products on ClickBank that have 0 gravity. I had planned to start a blog and promote an e-book/training manuals, etc about soft skills for employees, management skills, career development (that's my day job, and I'm an expert). So I went to ClickBank to see if similar products were selling, and...well...they all have 0 gravity.

It's definitely information companies pay for, because there are lots of merchants providing similar things when I search on Google. I'm endlessly passionate about it, and could blog forever. I had wanted to try promoting something from ClickBank with adwords PPC to see how my own product might do, but why would a product just sit at 0 gravity? Some of these products look like something I would buy, and they have great sales pages.

Do people avoid a .biz website?
Does it hurt the product if the company is based in the UK and most would-be promoters are in the US?
Do people just not go to ClickBank for certain types of info?
Who would be the first person to start promoting a product at 0 gravity so that it ever gets off the ground?

I'm confused ;-)
jcdean
Trust:
Most people are "me too" affiliates, and not risk takers.

A very succuessfull affiliate marketer Kelly Felix of the "Rich Jerk" fame. Teaches just the opisite. He goes to clickbank and tries to find good products with plenty of serches that no-one is promoteing. Ranks easy for all the keywords he wants and makes bank.

I guess what I am trying to say is use your instincts.

The cost other vendors are paying for PPC for a a simular product or the same product is an indication of how well it is selling.
Respect,
JC Dean

randerson
Trust:
Thank you, J.C. Sounds like a book I should get!
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
you have to realize,focusing on clickbank gravity is something taught to newbies, so that they dont get too hung up on trying to pick out products. it is a simple method, but not the only factor to consider. I would recommend testing the waters with some of those now gravity products, and see if you can make sales. do some searches. some people may be trying to promote them and doing it a ll wrong, so you may be able to jump into the market and make a killing.
Do you want to use your online content to Educate others, inspire them to action, and run a profitable business for yourself and your family? I can help you get started
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvDlGM242pI2D5TUOCWd7A

This topic was started on Sep 08, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.