Looking for a program to promote? Found a product but not sure if it is any good? Discuss anything on programs and affiliate networks here.

Discovered something interesting: Ebay ads as content?

jcdean
Trust:

Discovered something interesting: Ebay ads as content?

I am working in physicacl product niches as to wet my feet before swimming with the sharks in the clickbank arena.

Any how I came acrossed a site that is ranking # 1 for collectible pocket knives, with vertually no content. and only a very few links in coming links.

The site is collectiblepocketknives (dot) net

He seems to have a plug in that displays Ebay adds.
It also has some adsence. and a few Amazon creatives.
The site is all adds!!

I went back to the google search and clicked the cached link. It seems that the spiders see the ebay adds as content???

How much easier could it be for an affiliate. Ads that Google likes as content? Blows my mind!

Of course the domain being the same as the keyword helps, but still.
Last edited by michellerana on 27 Jan 10 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: improve title to describe the post better

Respect,
JC Dean

Site Admin
aletta
Trust:
It's not all ads. It does have articles on the page.

The problem with "scraping" sites like eBay and Amazon for content is that it's all duplicate content.

I don't think it's ranking well BECAUSE of the content. It's ranking well IN SPITE of the content.

Also, are there many affiliate programs for pocket knives, aside from eBay listings and Amazon?
Are your changes not showing up on your website? Try doing a hard refresh! http://www.refreshyourcache.com/en/cache/

ryansjones
Trust:
I am actually an affiliate at both Ebay and Amazon, and I tend to find that widgets can be useful (such as posting game listings, etc) when it relates to your site.
jcdean
Trust:
It's been awhile since I posted this. I have built three affiliate sites since then all promoting ebay products with a WP plug in "wordbay"

All three are making sales. All three are in the number one spot on Yahoo. two on the first page of Google with no back links, all rank well on various longtails.

I think the secret suace is the fact that the key word is in the domain, and the word press all in one plug-in is like magic.

If any one is interest the sites are. USMCknife(dot)com Vintagefoldingknives(dot)net and collectibleknife(dot)net

I think I will stick with these little sniper sites since I found my groove. The only thing is I will need 200 of these sites to kill my day job.

What I think I will do is study the demographics of the people who search certain physical products and put CPA offers on the site too, that match that demographics of the people coming to my sites.
Respect,
JC Dean

This topic was started on Jan 27, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.