Looking for a program to promote? Found a product but not sure if it is any good? Discuss anything on programs and affiliate networks here.

Direct links in Facebook fan pages

PremiumMember
ormarket
Trust:

Direct links in Facebook fan pages

Hey, I'm trying to find answer about facebook affiliate marketing.
Can I use direct links in my facebook fan page?
Is it ok by facebook or I can be punished for that?
I read the facebook terms and policies and didn't find any answer for my question.
Please help me...
Thanks,
Or
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
I see a lot of people putting direct affiliate links on their fan pages, but my personal opinion is that I dont like to spam my fans, otherwise I would lose them. Instead, I link to my own site where I have a product review and get a chance to presell people on the product.
Do you want to use your online content to Educate others, inspire them to action, and run a profitable business for yourself and your family? I can help you get started
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvDlGM242pI2D5TUOCWd7A

PremiumMember
ormarket
Trust:
Thanks James,
What I want to know is if the direct linking is OK by Facebook's policies.
I have a website and I will transfer my traffic to my website, But It's important to know if it's legal.

Thanks James,
What I want to know is if the direct linking is OK by Facebook's policies.
I have a website and I will transfer my traffic to my website, But It's important to know if it's legal.
PremiumMember
ampie g
Trust:
Technically, spamming is not allowed on Facebook but a lot of people are still doing it. I don't see any advantage to this though as you may lose fans doing this as James said.
adrainsmith11
Trust:
I would really appreciate some help. I work for a non-profit organization and is trying to optimize our facebook page. I wonder how you in the best way possible can link your facebook to your blog and possibly other ways to get more interaction?

Facebook Fan Pages
akordyban
Trust:
I actually disagree with some of the opinions here. I think, used the right way, fan pages can be very very useful. First, you have to decide if you want to link them to your real Facebook account. You might for the ones linked to your authority sites, but perhaps not your newbie sites or static sites. Let me explain a bit.

You decide that you are going to build a site on weight loss and you found 4 products to promote thru clickbank. You create a fan page for each product, but don't put any affiliate links or links to your website right away. You set up an auto-responder and give people free info. Maybe some tips, an ebook, whatever. Once you get say 1500 fans, you can promote the affiliate product, and then also say "if you want more info, come to "www.siteyoucreated.com" (kind of like hard sailing your 5th email for example) . They can only get the free info by liking your page is another key. Those likes show on friends of friends newsfeed, they click, etc. Now you can promote directly on your fan page, or to your niche site you created. Have a hop link on your fan page and your website in your about/info. Think if you were promoting 10 products. As long as you don't set up the fan pages in a spammy way, I think this is a great traffic redirecting strategy. Facebook > google these days.

My two cents
Cheers Andy

P.S. I was one finger typing in the dark on my iPad so I apologize for some repetitiveness...hope u get my gist...time for bed lol..

This topic was started on Jan 22, 2011 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.