Looking for a program to promote? Found a product but not sure if it is any good? Discuss anything on programs and affiliate networks here.

Clickbank Took Away Buyers Contact Data

emorhail
Trust:

Clickbank Took Away Buyers Contact Data

Hi everybody,

most probably this has been discussed in a different post already but I couldn't find any discussion. As u might have recognized CB took away the contact information of the buyer (for affiliates). This seems to be a legal issue and when I asked CB they responded: "ClickBank has recently changed policies regarding the release of information to affiliates. ClickBank has taken these steps in the interest of protecting consumer privacy and to comply with payment industry standards..."

Ok anyway the trouble now is that affiliates cannot keep in touch with the buyer any more and promote more products via mlm. When I make a sale via follow up the same person is taken away from the list and being added to different list with a new email follow-up. Apart from that I offer the prospects Bonus material when they buy through my link, and since the buyer's info in CB doesn't show up any more I don't know whether the person have purchased or not. It would be rather impolite and unprofessional to ask the buyer to send a purchase conformation, wouldn't it?

I just wanted to know how u guys deal with this issue and if u have some neat solutions for the problems indicated.

thanks in advance
Enrico
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
if someone wants your bonuses, it is okay to ask for confirmation. I always ask for them to confirm their purchase when getting a bonus from me. I sometimes have more people try to claim bonuses than I had people make a purchase.

usually, I set up a list for my buyers. in order to get their bonus, they opt in to the new list. they are then unsubscribed from my freebie list, and only get the emails that go out to my buyers.
Do you want to use your online content to Educate others, inspire them to action, and run a profitable business for yourself and your family? I can help you get started
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvDlGM242pI2D5TUOCWd7A

faradina
Trust:
Hi Enrico,

Like James said, it is indeed alright to ask for proof of purchase. That is also what we do here at Affilorama. It is done all the time by businesses and not just by affiliates like us. After all, the bonus would be for purchasing and buyers should produce proof that they really purchased before they can be given access to any bonus.

Having them sign up for a list before they can get the bonus, the way James does it, is an excellent idea as you will then have the chance to promote other products to your buyers down the line.

Cheers :)
tommypbs
Trust:
jmpruitt wrote:if someone wants your bonuses, it is okay to ask for confirmation. I always ask for them to confirm their purchase when getting a bonus from me. I sometimes have more people try to claim bonuses than I had people make a purchase.

usually, I set up a list for my buyers. in order to get their bonus, they opt in to the new list. they are then unsubscribed from my freebie list, and only get the emails that go out to my buyers.

That’s definitely an interesting idea that I will probably start to implement when I get some sites fully done.
Thanks James for this suggestion

This topic was started on Oct 29, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.