Looking for a program to promote? Found a product but not sure if it is any good? Discuss anything on programs and affiliate networks here.

Clickbank - Does It Have Enough Affiliate Options?

PremiumMember
ericzee
Trust:

Clickbank - Does It Have Enough Affiliate Options?

Bought Mark's course and beavering away video by video, trying to stay sync'd with my own site, content etc. Trying to find affiliate products that make sense in my context. I intuitively concur with Mark's recommendations on gravity and income, so I have gone thru Clickbank on the basis of 30+ gravity and $10+ earnings. Found only 180 unique products with very little variety;
· Affiliate, eBay and other resell on the web stuff = 29 (including Mark's stuff)
· Instant medi cures (snake oil solutions) = 18
· Fat/weightloss = 11
· Relationship stuff = 10
· Software sales = 18
· USA only stuff (federal records and the like) = 16
· WoW = 5
· And another 80 or so over less than 25 categories
That’s a very small range of products to resell and not what I expected after the video's. Am I missing something here?

Eric in Singapore
xenopus
Trust:
This is very interesting point I think. i've been struggling with something like this myself for a while now. It's even been keeping me from getting along with my website building to be honest.
I was wondering if there are any new products added at clickbank on regular basis? I mean, could any veteran afilliateer tell me (us) this? Are there different products now then let's say, 1 year ago? Are some products going better now then months ago?
I mean it's like you say. If there's only so many "popular" products, then everyone is already diving into those. And everyone will be diving into those for a long time. Isn't this market drying up by now??

I am trying to do my best but this whole afilliate marketing with these kind of products (e-books) is stil such a foggy market for me.
For a sceptical view on things:

sonitin
Trust:
@Xenopus

I will take my go at the questions. I hope some staff or other member can validate them.

I was wondering if there are any new products added at clickbank on regular basis?

Yes, very regularly. Sign up to http://cbengine.com and you will get a list on biweekly basis of new products added. Typically 100+ products get added or relisted.

Are there different products now then let's say, 1 year ago?

Yep, I added a product of my own if that helps and its selling good too ( If that helps ;) ). Clickbank marketplace is quite dynamic. Again same as above, you can see a list at cbengine.com.

Are some products going better now then months ago?

Yep, and there are some that are doing worse too :(. Its a dynamic market, product keep getting in and out. A good product attracts a lot of competition both from affiliates and other vendors who jump into same niche. So there are products that move up and down on sales graph. You need to watch the product launches etc and update your site and rankings accordingly. Every product launch is a good time to make money for affiliates. There are some very serious marketers on clickbank and it keeps the market moving on for better.

@Eric
Trying to find affiliate products that make sense in my context. I intuitively concurr with Mark's recommendations on gravity and income, so I have gone thru Clickbank on the basis of +30 gravity and +$10 earnings. Found only 180 unique products with very little variety;

Frankly speaking there are a lot of products on clickbank that sell quite well but have low gravities. Mark gave those numbers as the safe side number for newbies but if you stick by those numbers alone than you are limiting your choices very very seriously. Its easier to rank for lower gravity product (lower competition) and you can scale up multiple sites fast. hmm on second thoughts this strategy is based around assumption that you are experienced in putting up mini sites and can put up multiple mini sites based around products and not niches.

Found only 180 unique products with very little variety;

- By my experience that is a good enough number to start with :). You need only 3-4 products to hit the first goal of 50 usd a week. You can always jump onto other networks once you understand the basic dynamics of affiliate marketing.

I hope that helps, excuse my assumptions ;)
"offshoreally.com" - One click for all outsourcing requirements including bookmarking, submissions, dedicated staff, link building..

Looking for a qualified virtual assistant to help you with your work? Click here - "offshoreally.com/internet-marketing-outsourcing-seo/virtual-assistant-link-building"

Enter The" Bad Ass" SEO Guest Blogging Contest to WIN CASH PRIZES http://bit.ly/9knBFs

PM me for coupon codes!

PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
There are already so many profitable products on Clickbank. Sure, new ones are good, but there are tons out there that you could be making money on right now.

I'm actually working on a little bonus program called the Clickbank Hottest 50 (ie 50 hottest niches in Clickbank), so if you can't find a few good ones, just think a little harder.

Sean
www.SixDayWeekend.com
Free Training Videos reveal how I make 6 figures while travelling the world

xenopus
Trust:
Hey Sonotin, thanks alot for those answers. Very enlightning. (Ï think I spelled that wrong ;) ) It's a lot clearer now!
For a sceptical view on things:

wilf888
Trust:
Thanks for the clarification, Sonitin. How many web pages do you build for a mini site that is dedicated to one product?
stacierunner
Trust:
Here is another site that tells you new products added to Clickbank

http://cb-analytics.com/
Fancy up your iPad with accessories from http://www.greatipadstuff.com

Go green http://www.greenerlifesite.com

geoffjackson
Trust:
As well as the products that you are trying to sell, you also have to think about the keywords you will use to drive traffic. There are just a ton of keywords to use! Not everyone in say, the WoW niche will be using the same keywords. I've got a website in the WoW niche and i'm using keywords that have very low competition but a respectable amount of traffic.

Ok i'm using a different method to what mark teaches for keyword research, but i've been doing it for a fair while now :) Just be sure, it's possible and the markets aren't "drying out"
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
Yep, I see people who are new worry about this, but there are so many to make money with, I think it's the easiest step.

Don't worry about finding the "perfect" niche, there are tons out there.

Sean
www.SixDayWeekend.com
Free Training Videos reveal how I make 6 figures while travelling the world

This topic was started on May 26, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.