Looking for a program to promote? Found a product but not sure if it is any good? Discuss anything on programs and affiliate networks here.

Anyone Got Any Feedback on Geekversity.com ?

mamtrader
Trust:

Anyone Got Any Feedback on Geekversity.com ?

Hi All,

I'm new to Affiliate Marketing and trying to decide whether to sign up with Affiloblueprint or Geekversity or Rosalind Gardner's 'Net Profits Today'. For info, I'm middle (well slightly over middle) aged with pretty average computer skills. So please make your comments easy to understand!!

I am hoping someone out there can offer advice to the pros and cons of these courses. My preference at the moment is for Affiloblueprint because their site layout is very good and the instructions are easy to follow. I would love to hear the opinions from anyone who is currently enrolled in the 12 week course or has recently finished.

Geekversity.com (based in Sydney) is presenting an affiliate marketing seminar on the Gold Coast on the 19th and 20th Sept. Has anyone been to a previous seminar and if so what are your comments??

Thank you

Mike
marwill
Trust:
Hi Mike, My reply wont probably help you at all, however, here goes. I enrolled in Affilorama Blueprint in May. Went quite well for first six weeks, then hit a wall. Ran around in a panic buying other products, and finally, after a month, realised that everythng you need is in this package. I have spent an absolute fortune on other courses, before joining Affilorama, and am nearly broke. Havent made any sales here yet, but I'm sure that is my fault. I haven't kept exactly to the program, and you need to.
I am back into it, and am really going to give it my best shot. I am a newbie, of an age I really can't comprehend, and I have found things hard. I do not know any techi stuff at all. You will need to purchase a web site builder, Mark recommends X Site Pro, subscribe to an autoresponder, and maybe an article spinner, although you wont need the last two straight away. And if you didnt want to purchase XSite Pro, you could use Wordpress. I find XSite Pro great., however, and easier to use than wordpress, where I have a blog. Well, I'm not sure if I have been any help at all, but best of luck, whatever you decide to do.
Marie
PremiumMember
graceharman
Trust:
Hi Mike,

I’ve never used Geekversity, but I’ve read quite a lot of Rosalind Gardner’s stuff. Her information is well presented and easy to follow, but it doesn’t provide a step-by-step system like Affiloblueprint.

Geekversity looks impressive – but it costs a lot to run seminars like that, so I’m guessing they must want you to cough up some substantial fees at some point or other!

Just my 2 cents :)

Grace
mamtrader
Trust:
Hi Marie,

Thanks for your reply.....It does help.
I do expect the blueprint course to be difficult for us newbie's, just trying to understand all the techi lingo gives me brain freeze and that's just the basic stuff!!

I have read comments that stated it is better to learn, concentrate and compete one course rather then confuse yourself with lots of conflicting information from other sources. If I go with the Affilorama course then I will see it through the 12 weeks and then will be able to judge the final results more accurately.

Just out of interest, what wall did you hit after the six weeks? Was it starting to get too technical or too difficult to follow?

I've had a look at Xsite Pro and will probably go down that route, it looks reasonably straightforward.....I hope so!!

One last thing, would you recommend Affilorama Blueprint????

Thanks again for your feedback it's been really appreciated.

Good luck with the course and stick at it......Would love to hear how you go over the coming weeks.

Kind regards

Mike
mamtrader
Trust:
Hello Grace,

Thanks for your 2 cents worth:)

Yeah, Rosalind Gardner's site has been pretty helpful, nice and straightforward but a shame there's no step-by-step guide.

I've emailed Geekversity to ask the cost of the course that's being promoted but as yet no reply. The 2 day seminar is free but as you said there will be fees somewhere along the line.....Nothing is for free!!

Have you used or going to use the Affiloblueprint course yourself?

Well, thanks again for your reply

Kind regards

Mike
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
hi Mike, I'm going to vote for Affiloblueprint. I don't know anything about Geekversity, but I know it will be expensive (not always a bad thing). Ros Gardner has good stuff but it's not as foolproof as Affiloblueprint.

I also have an awesome bonus package created just for Affiloblueprint, you can read about that here:

http://www.sixdayweekend.com/affiloblueprint-review.php

I might seem biased, but Mark taught me what is essentially the Affiloblueprint system about 3 years ago and I've been making over $100k for the last 2 years, so I know how effective it can be.

Hope that helps,
Sean
www.SixDayWeekend.com
Free Training Videos reveal how I make 6 figures while travelling the world

steve01
Trust:
Geekversity = pour money and time down toilet and press button.

For god's sake don't have anything to do with Geekversity.
faradina
Trust:
@Steve01 can you be more specific as to why we should not have anything to do with Geekversity?
PremiumMember
mickangus
Trust:
If anyone has experience with GeekVersity I would be interested to know. I am going through evaluating them now. For the average person it is considerably more and payable monthly but you can pull out at any time. This does however include hosting and 3 domain names, but get this they will not provide any SLA's on their hosting platforms, which really suprised me being a 'Geek' shop. This cost is probably what will blow it for me especially against the cost of this program.

I am only new to it all and only really learnt my first few things around affiliate marketing about a month ago and I am keen to research it more.

I work in the IT industry and I am really sick supporting users, so I will become one instead.

Michael
Last edited by michellerana on 05 Oct 09 4:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: spelling errors

richmystery
Trust:
Do not touch Geekversity. I am student and they are in financial trouble and cannot deliver what they promise.
Staff and students unhappy. You will be throwing money away. Do not touch!!
Only people who were good at Internet have left the company.
mamtrader
Trust:
Hi All,

Just a quick update on Geekversity..... Although I'm a new member of Mark's Affiloblueprint course (just starting week 5) I decided to go along to last months Geekversity Gold Coast seminar. The event was supposed to be over a weekend but they changed it to two separate seminars over the weekend to accommodate the numbers attending. The seminar was very slick and professional with very good presenters. I found the content of the seminar to be very similar to Mark's course and although I had just started the Affiloblueprint course I already knew a little about most of their areas of discussion.

I felt the other 100 or so attendees found the day quite demanding with the amount of information being thrown at them and many commented that by mid-afternoon they had struggled to follow what was being presented.
Near the end of the day Geekversity made their sales pitch to entice people to sign up, the cost......A WHOPPING $9500 for the beginners course and $7500 if you already had a website up and running. You could spread the payments over 6 months and could pull out at any time although you would lose what you had paid up to that time.
There were people signing up although not sure how many, quite a few were interested but the cost came as a bit of a shock.

I did get to speak to some of the other participants in the breaks and mentioned how impressed I was with Mark's course, and of course they were all shocked to learn of the low cost of the Affiloblueprint course. So Mark, if you've had a surge of new members from the Gold Coast/Brisbane region then you'll know why!!

Cheers

Mike
PremiumMember
mickangus
Trust:
Hey Mike,

We were at the same conference and being new I found it very interesting and one search through to another has landed me with affilorama. I just watched the webinar on Outsourcing (which I know is a little beyond me at this stage) it has given me some extra drive and with your comments on both I think I am now sold on the Affiloblueprint course. As soon as I have checked out all the free content I think I will be signing up.

After all an office of Kiwi's can't be wrong :)

Michael
Last edited by michellerana on 07 Oct 09 6:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: spelling error

Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
We were at the same conference and being new I found it very interesting and one search through to another has landed me with affilorama. I just watched the webinar on Outsourcing (which I know is a little beyond me at this stage) it has given me some extra drive and with your comments on both I think I am now sold on the Affiloblueprint course. As soon as I have checked out all the free content I think I will be signing up.

After all an office of Kiwi's can't be wrong :)

Michael

Hi Michael,

I'm glad you decided to join us in Affiloblueprint :) I'm sure you won't regret it.

I tried to get some feedback on Geekversity but I couldn't find much information on it. It's a relatively new company (they were just registered last 19 Mar 2009) so I guess they have no track record yet. But $9500! That is really expensive. Especially for a newbie. I also saw the outline of their weekend courses and it looks similar to the free courses on the Affilorama site. No wonder Mike didn't have any trouble following the discussion ;)

Hi All,

Just a quick update on Geekversity..... Although I'm a new member of Mark's Affiloblueprint course (just starting week 5) I decided to go along to last months Geekversity Gold Coast seminar. The event was supposed to be over a weekend but they changed it to two separate seminars over the weekend to accommodate the numbers attending. The seminar was very slick and professional with very good presenters. I found the content of the seminar to be very similar to Mark's course and although I had just started the Affiloblueprint course I already knew a little about most of their areas of discussion.

I felt the other 100 or so attendees found the day quite demanding with the amount of information being thrown at them and many commented that by mid-afternoon they had struggled to follow what was being presented.
Near the end of the day Geekversity made their sales pitch to entice people to sign up, the cost......A WHOPPING $9500 for the beginners course and $7500 if you already had a website up and running. You could spread the payments over 6 months and could pull out at any time although you would lose what you had paid up to that time.
There were people signing up although not sure how many, quite a few were interested but the cost came as a bit of a shock.

I did get to speak to some of the other participants in the breaks and mentioned how impressed I was with Mark's course, and of course they were all shocked to learn of the low cost of the Affiloblueprint course. So Mark, if you've had a surge of new members from the Gold Coast/Brisbane region then you'll know why!!

Cheers

Mike

Mike, thank you so much for taking the time to give us an update. I was planning to send a you a PM to ask you how it went. Thanks for promoting Affiloblueprint!
Michelle
Customer Support
=========================

Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: http://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive

mamtrader
Trust:
Thank you for your kind comments.

I would not have recommend Affiloblueprint to anyone unless I thought it a worthwhile program and for a novice like me to have gained such a lot in a matter of weeks is nothing short of miraculous.

I already knew how good the Affiloblueprint course was but when Geekversity wanted to charge $9500 for basically the same thing I just had to make the other participants aware of another alternative. I was not trying to discredit Geekversity in any way but so many people seemed interested in learning more, but found the financial cost prohibitive.

I would like to feel that I managed to help a few others find Affiliorama and at the same time save them from wasting $$$$$$ on something that is no better than the Affiliblueprint course for $197.00

Thanks again

Mike
geekscam
Trust:
If anyone really wants to know about Geekversity then check out this facebook group. It will explain everything. Steer clear.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=8 ... 076&ref=ts
PremiumMember
mickangus
Trust:
Umm, so glad I didn't go down that route, expecually with so many facebook members.

I will feel much moe comfortable when I make my first sale through the Affiloblue course
cherylgjohns
Trust:
Hi Mike

Probably a bit late to post, I attended Geekversity seminar in Adelaide in May and it certainly opened my eyes. Like you I didn't know a lot and came away with more questions than answers. As a babyboomer I understood the concepts but struggled to understand how to apply them.

I was quoted $18,000.00 which I did not have. I then began looking into other offers that would teach me what I needed to know. I do not mind paying a monthly fee to learn and have access to the necessary tools.

I found https://imi.infusionsoft.com/go/npc/a13247
this link to be more user friendly for me.

I did join iiabBlog.com which was the Blog site we were given access to at the seminar in May but I suddenly lost my access in Oct and the only explanation I have been able to get is "maintenance and high level tech problems" which could mean anything so I am another disappointed follower.

Hope that may help if not to late.
cherylGjohns
glosterguest
Trust:
It took me about 9 months and a lot of money to say this " DON'T GO NEAR GEEKVERSITY "
Over promise under deliver, and way over priced , if you need further proof Google them !

This topic was started on Aug 24, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.