Looking for a program to promote? Found a product but not sure if it is any good? Discuss anything on programs and affiliate networks here.

Alternatives to Adsense?

amroch
Trust:

Alternatives to Adsense?

Hello,

I joined Affilorama just about a week ago. For the last 45 days I have been working on a web site of my own which is about manual directory submission.
Couple of days back I achieved a PR of 3 with Google for this particular site. All the 5 major pages of this site have some kind of PR.

Prior to this I applied for Adsense which Google. but unfortunately my application has been rejected. This is what Google has to say -

"Page type: We don't currently accept sites devoted to programs which
compensate users for clicking on ads or offers, performing searches,
surfing websites, or reading emails. This would include, for
instance, "Pay to Read Email" sites or sites that compare "Pay to Surf"
programs."

Although I think that I certainly do not belong to that category but I have to accept this. And replied back to Google that some sites with the same subject as mine do have Adsense on their sites. But they stick to their decision.

So, now that I don't have the Adsense option anymore, what do you suggest me to do ? Affiliate Programs ? Yahoo! Publisher Network Beta ? Both ? None ?

Thanks in advance.

Amroch
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
I dont know exactly what your site is about, so it's a bit hard to say what you should do with it.

Have you gone through the videos here on how to create an affiliate site?
www.SixDayWeekend.com
Free Training Videos reveal how I make 6 figures while travelling the world

PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
Amroch wrote:Hello,

I joined Affilorama just about a week ago. For the last 45 days I have been working on a web site of my own which is about manual directory submission.
Couple of days back I achieved a PR of 3 with Google for this particular site. All the 5 major pages of this site have some kind of PR.

Prior to this I applied for Adsense which Google. but unfortunately my application has been rejected. This is what Google has to say -

"Page type: We don't currently accept sites devoted to programs which
compensate users for clicking on ads or offers, performing searches,
surfing websites, or reading emails. This would include, for
instance, "Pay to Read Email" sites or sites that compare "Pay to Surf"
programs."

Although I think that I certainly do not belong to that category but I have to accept this. And replied back to Google that some sites with the same subject as mine do have Adsense on their sites. But they stick to their decision.

So, now that I don't have the Adsense option anymore, what do you suggest me to do ? Affiliate Programs ? Yahoo! Publisher Network Beta ? Both ? None ?

Thanks in advance.

Amroch

What is the goal of your website? Charge for manual submissions to the directory. You could do a $24.95 permanent charge or something. You could also web master programs via email. I have found adsense a hit and miss IMO.

Adrian,
amroch
Trust:
Hmmm...I just found that Yahoo Publisher Network Beta is for US citizens only, which I am not.

People hire my service ( in other words outsource) to submit their web site URL manually to various directories. The objective is to gain some back-links as you can guess. I charge them like for example $15 for submitting manually to 100 directories and so on.

I hope I am able to make it clear.

Amroch
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
Yep, I know what you mean.

Have you thought about putting together an affiliate site?
www.SixDayWeekend.com

lunatunes
Trust:
Sorry to interupt your thread Amroch but now this has me worried.
I didn't know that you needed permission to have adsense on your site.
I thought if you wanted to build an adsense site you just built it and that was it.
What do they mean by, they dont accept sites devoted to programs which compensate users for clicking on ads?
I see sites all the time whos content is nothing but adsense.

Does that mean that if I build a content site, I may or may not be able to put adsense on it.
I must be missing something here :?

Thanks,
Randy
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
lunatunes wrote:Sorry to interupt your thread Amroch but now this has me worried.
I didn't know that you needed permission to have adsense on your site.
I thought if you wanted to build an adsense site you just built it and that was it.
What do they mean by, they dont accept sites devoted to programs which compensate users for clicking on ads?
I see sites all the time whos content is nothing but adsense.

Does that mean that if I build a content site, I may or may not be able to put adsense on it.
I must be missing something here :?

Thanks,
Randy

Google has to approve the site before you place adsense on it yes.

Adrian,
amroch
Trust:
sean06 wrote:Yep, I know what you mean.

Hi Sean,

Did you mean putting some Affiliate ads on the site I am talking about ? Yes, I want to do that - I guess I need to become affiliate to some Web Promotion products. Please suggest how do I progress. Clickbank doesn't have such a category in their list. May be you can recommend some other programs.

Apart from that, I have selected a couple of niches and have already started working on them. I have just completed my first week and everything is as it should be.

Amroch
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
Amroch wrote:
sean06 wrote:Yep, I know what you mean.

Hi Sean,

Did you mean putting some Affiliate ads on the site I am talking about ? Yes, I want to do that - I guess I need to become affiliate to some Web Promotion products. Please suggest how do I progress. Clickbank doesn't have such a category in their list. May be you can recommend some other programs.

Apart from that, I have selected a couple of niches and have already started working on them. I have just completed my first week and everything is as it should be.

Amroch

You could promote SEO related products on clickbank. SEO elite for example...

Adrian,
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
Well you could either promote a few affiliate products on your site, or you could actually create a proper content site that will get traffic from all over the place. Just like Mark shows in the videos.
www.SixDayWeekend.com

Site Admin
markling
Trust:
You would earn a lot more from affiliate programs (eg ones in clickbank) on that sort of topic (as opposed to adsense) anyway.

regards,
Mark
Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: https://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive

amroch
Trust:
Good to hear that Mark. Feeling a lot more better now.

Thanks sean06 and adrian for your suggestions.

Amroch
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
No worries, so do you have a plan of attack for your site? Or are you still learning about how to do everything?
www.SixDayWeekend.com

amroch
Trust:
sean06 wrote:No worries, so do you have a plan of attack for your site? Or are you still learning about how to do everything?

Actually when I joined Affilorama it was never in my plan to do anything with my earlier web sites. Rather I was preparing myself to create brand new sites with good niches - according to what I learned from the Trial 6 Part Affilorama Lessons. But as I joined the actual course, all of a sudden this site which I mentioned achieved a Page Rank of 3 straight way. This has somewhat messed up my plans and compelled me to concentrate on this site. the problem is though the site has a page rank of 3, it has got very few traffic. I have pointed out the drawbacks and working on them. I will post it in the Critique section as and when I am done. But to tell you the truth I don't expect this site to do very well in terms of Affiliate earnings because the total searches per moth is very low say about 1200 ( Am I right to say that ?)

At the same time I have registered a new domain for my first 'Affilorama-guided' niche site. I have just completed my first week here.

So, yes I am still learning as well as preparing for the 'attack'. There is so much to learn sometimes it seems overwhelming. It takes time to settle down.

I don't know whether any of you do this - I have done my SWOT analysis. And planned my work accordingly.
SWOT - Strength, Weakness, Opportunities, Threats.

My strength - I can create web sites, know enough Graphic design and Flash which help me to design my sites, know the SEO basics, I'm teachable, I am ready to give time. Affilorama and other tutorials. And lastly $1000/2000 is a pretty handsome amount in my country.

My weakness - I don't have much to invest. What I have to do - I have to do myself. I can't afford to spend for Adwords, or buy PR services and so on. So, I have to work that much more harder.

The opportunity - Well, there so much to learn, to win.

The threat - To end up earning $100 or even worse a month, after putting in so much time and effort.

Does that make any sense? :)

Amroch
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
Sounds like youre pretty switched on. You might have to do a lot of work yourself, but once you get going things will become easier.

Goodluck and let us know if you need a hand.

Sean
www.SixDayWeekend.com

PremiumMember
erwin
Trust:
adrian wrote:

Adrian,

Hi Adrian,

I know that Google will manually review and approve Adsense for the first submitted website, but once we have the Adsense account approved, we can put Adsense in any website without getting approval again, right?

Regards,
Erwin
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
erwin wrote:
adrian wrote:

Adrian,

Hi Adrian,

I know that Google will manually review and approve Adsense for the first submitted website, but once we have the Adsense account approved, we can put Adsense in any website without getting approval again, right?

Regards,
Erwin

Hi Erwin,

Don't quote me on it but I believe you are able to.

Adrian,
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
I'm 99% sure that's ok too.
www.SixDayWeekend.com

superaff
Trust:
... Don't Like You And Your Website!

Hey Guys, What Do You think about this headline?

I apologize because I did not read all the thread, my Internet connection is cut, I'm outside and my wife is waiting for me ... lunch!

Just open a blogger blog, and register through your blog: Always accepted 100% Guaranteed!
Did you see the amazing case studies on my blog http://mynetmarketingland.com/blog1/
Affiloblueprint Bonus: http://www.mynetmarketingland.com/mark-ling/affiloblueprint.html