Looking for a program to promote? Found a product but not sure if it is any good? Discuss anything on programs and affiliate networks here.

Affiliates related to Arcade Game

yearleap
Trust:

Affiliates related to Arcade Game

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has affiliate suggestions for an audience that plays flash arcade games?

Thanks in advance.
esolutions
Trust:
Hi,

Have you tried upselling them to something like Farmville (an online game that pays nice commissions)? Also, you could try gamefly on CJ, they do a videogame rental service that works kind of like Netflix. You could also try selling physical videogames, Gamestop on Linkshare has a good program...
List not growing fast enough?
Get More Opt Ins:
http://mattgreener.com/view/arfree

yearleap
Trust:
I have some ideas on the social gaming front, like Farmville, but this is a different kind of thing. If I can make an arcade game go viral, there is a fair amount of traffic. I would like to apply Mark's blueprint approach and try to convert this traffic to a newsletter. Content for the newsletter should be easy, but I am having trouble identifying affiliate products. There are only so many WOW, Starcraft and Farmville guides to push, and there is not necessarily a guarantee of interest since it was a classic arcade style game that got the opt-in, not a time-consuming social game. Certainly I will consider those.

Maybe the real question here is how to identify my niche, or demographic. I am going about this a bit backwards, but I have a few game ideas that I am going to do anyways, and want to try this approach.

Selling video games is a good idea. Maybe offering discounts...

Any other suggestions?
esolutions
Trust:
Hi,

If it's a classic type of game maybe you could promote vintage video games and consoles? Collector type items?
Get More Opt Ins:

esolutions
Trust:
To identify your demographic, why not do a survey with a free giveaway as the "reward".
Get More Opt Ins:

wazza
Trust:
Its hard with flash games because most of your audiance is under 18 with no credit card.
But there are some ok affiliate networks - CPA networks work great with arcade game sites. BigFishGames.com have an affiliate program used to be really good and I think they still are, its been a while since I used them.

I'm thinking - Game Tester Jobs or Game Backup/Copy if your looking at clickbank. And yes all the farmville products might be good aswell.

I tried Amazon affliate program with a few of my old arcade sites but didnt really do that well with them. I only have 1 arcade site now and I don't spend much time on it.

Ygames.org - wordpress, automated and has over 1500 games.
The affiliate marketing ninja!

michael025
Trust:
I understand your problem....actually, the suggestions above are for a different type of gaming niche which has already proven profitable, which is either the MMORPG(WOW) or social gaming(Farmville)...but what you are trying to promote are arcade games....I guess the question here is, how do you plan to make money off it? Are you planning to sell the flash arcade games? If you are, you can go the trial route, and let users try it out first and then have them pay for the full version? Or maybe, you can try an idea that is currently being done in China, which is to have a site that hosts a lot of these flash games(continually adding content) and charge for membership....

hope that helps : )

This topic was started on Dec 06, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.