Looking for a program to promote? Found a product but not sure if it is any good? Discuss anything on programs and affiliate networks here.

Affiliate Program - Does This Sound Dodgy To You?

fuzzyhead
Trust:

Affiliate Program - Does This Sound Dodgy To You?

Hi all,

Recently signed up to join an affiliate program for men's health supplements & got this reply:

Due to a recent spike on the number of affiliate fraud, we now required each new affiliate registering to our affiliate program to submit some type of I.D with their picture, address, phone number and social security number.

Picture I.D. & social security number!?! Sounds a bit suspicious or am I being over cautious?

The company's details are:

Trung Ngo
Affiliate Manager
Everest Nutrition Herbal Supplements

Products: Zenerx.com | Venerx.com | ProstatePlus.com | AspireWeightLoss.com | KrillOil.com

Thanks for any help.

Fuzzy.
Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
Most affiliate programs in the US ask for your SSN or Taxpayer ID because they are required to have this information by the IRS. What you can do is get a Taxpayer ID that you can use with affiliate programs so that you can protect your SSN.

Hope that helps!
Michelle
Customer Support
=========================

Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: http://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive

jcdean
Trust:
If it dosn't feel right I would pass on it.

Google the program name, and click the option to search "conversations" then see what comes up.

Have you tried Market Health? They are a little "Dodgy" too, but are definatly not out to steal IDs.
They pay well and ontime.
Last edited by jcdean on 02 Jun 11 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Respect,
JC Dean

bahamabaz
Trust:
I agree with jcdean Market health always pay on time.
I joined Affiliate Window and they asked for £5 to register but refunded it when I was accepted.
PR 4 Web Directory www.arxiugavin.com
Working from home with www.inetworking.co
Chihuahua Problems? www.training-chihuahua.com
Guys are you having trouble getting a date? www.rightmoves.co
Summer is coming,lose those pounds. www.lookgood.co
Need a good Wholesaler? www.internetwholesale.co
Get the grill out ! www.bbqs.co

fuzzyhead
Trust:
Thanks for the replies.

I'm actually based in the UK, so would the Taxpayer ID or SSN still apply?

Yeah I'm signed up to Market Health & have some of their products on one of my new sites. Nice to know other people are using them, altho I must say, their product landing pages aren't that good.

Only had around 400 click throughs so far (no sales) with my new site but can I ask...jcdean & bahamabaz what sort of clicks per sale ratio you're getting with their products?

Thanks again.

Fuzzy.
jcdean
Trust:
FuzzyHead wrote:Thanks for the replies.

I'm actually based in the UK, so would the Taxpayer ID or SSN still apply?

Yeah I'm signed up to Market Health & have some of their products on one of my new sites. Nice to know other people are using them, altho I must say, their product landing pages aren't that good.

Only had around 400 click throughs so far (no sales) with my new site but can I ask...jcdean & bahamabaz what sort of clicks per sale ratio you're getting with their products?

Thanks again.

Fuzzy.

Several hundred clicks per sale. I run banner adds on plenty of fish. My banners are targeted to a demographic group but it's really untargeted traffic, but you can get really cheap clicks on Plenty of Fish.
Respect,
JC Dean

This topic was started on Jun 02, 2011 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.