Looking for a program to promote? Found a product but not sure if it is any good? Discuss anything on programs and affiliate networks here.

Affiliate Product Choosing Question

nelsencaleb
Trust:

Affiliate Product Choosing Question

Hello everyone, I am just about ready to get a domain and host and have had some incredible help on this forum. The question I'm having is about the product I'm choosing. I'm thinking about going with a game guide or game strategy guide. Are those a bad market to be in? Is there any other information I should know about picking my product?

Thanks in advance also,

Caleb
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
That would depend on the game. Also, how involved you are in the game.
games are a finicky business, especially online games.
When mark made the Affiloblueprint he made it by building a site on World of Warcraft.
My first site was in that niche as well, and it did well until Blizzard made some changes in the game which made most of the guides I was promoting, and about half of the articles on my site, obsolete. Rather than trying to update everything, for me it wasnt worth the effort because I was not involved with the game, and didnt want to get back into it just to write new articles for my site.
Also, with the success I had, I tried doing other sites with other games, and they did not do as well.

HOt topic games are doing well, but you have to stay involved to be on top of the niche.

Farmville guide games are doing well right now, but they could be gone tomorrow.

Personally, I prefer more long term niche markets. Things like dating advice, self esteem, weightloss,and dog training. These are all highly profitable niches that people will have problems with for years to come. One or two sites could give you a decent income that runs almost on autopilot.
Do you want to use your online content to Educate others, inspire them to action, and run a profitable business for yourself and your family? I can help you get started
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvDlGM242pI2D5TUOCWd7A

nelsencaleb
Trust:
I'm pretty active when it comes to anything Starcraft. Do you play? I'm sure I could make a lot of money right now if I had the AB since Starcraft 2 is going to be released on the 27th! I saw someone put up an affiliate Starcraft site similar to the WoW website I saw Mark make. Maybe it's his. I'll try to talk to you on skype sometime later as I've developed some questions.
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
i am not into any video games anymore. my website projects have kind of replaced them lol.

you could do an affiliate site for that game, and as long as the game is popular it might do well. The problem i have with it, is you may struggle with it being so new. Alot of what mark teaches is to get into markets with products that are well established. that said, you may do well to have a product review of the guide, link to it in your signature file on a few video game forums that are talking about the new game, and join the conversation.

do as i am doing here. go into the forum, have the link in your signature, and start joining the conversation. help the people out, and you will be rewarded.

I like helping people, and sometimes i give away mor than i should, but it is all done with a reason.

by helping people with solving little problems, I make sales consistently. as well as other benefits that I have gotten from being active in the forums.
Do you want to use your online content to Educate others, inspire them to action, and run a profitable business for yourself and your family? I can help you get started
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvDlGM242pI2D5TUOCWd7A

sonitin
Trust:
I agree with james.. it takes a lot of time to make an authority site so you better go for markets that are stabilized and are known to do well. If you are thinking of games then you will have to be quite aggressive.
"offshoreally.com" - One click for all outsourcing requirements including bookmarking, submissions, dedicated staff, link building..

Looking for a qualified virtual assistant to help you with your work? Click here - "offshoreally.com/internet-marketing-outsourcing-seo/virtual-assistant-link-building"

Enter The" Bad Ass" SEO Guest Blogging Contest to WIN CASH PRIZES http://bit.ly/9knBFs

PM me for coupon codes!

stacierunner
Trust:
I think the best place for games is with CPA marketing and downloads. Maybe you would like to do a game download site and feature some different games, say a different game on each page? Then you could put up some fairly cheap facebook ads.

Neverblue.com is a great place for these offers and I've had a bit of success in the screensaver/ facebook wall downloads. PM me if you want more information (an example) or need help getting approved.

Thanks and good luck!
Fancy up your iPad with accessories from http://www.greatipadstuff.com

Go green http://www.greenerlifesite.com

nelsencaleb
Trust:
I haven't started my own affiliate site yet sticierunner, but I'll remember that when I do. It does sound like games are smart to stay away from though.

Thanks,

Caleb

This topic was started on Jul 20, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.