Looking for a program to promote? Found a product but not sure if it is any good? Discuss anything on programs and affiliate networks here.

A Letter from Clickbank

faradina
Trust:

A Letter from Clickbank

Clickbank wrote:Dear Vendors,

As the premier retailer of digital products, ClickBank prides itself on offering its customers the latest and leading digital products available. As part of that commitment, ClickBank monitors the products offered through its services and the promotions of those products.

Over the last few weeks, we have received significant complaints from customers purchasing products within the Satellite TV for PC niche. Upon further review, the majority of the complaints are not about the product in general, but rather pertaining to how the product was promoted as a way to watch all NFL football games. This promotion is a misrepresentation of what the customer actually receives upon purchase. ClickBank has determined that you sell and/or promote at least one such product, and that you may have advertisements that are generating this type of complaint.

Please be advised that effective October 2, 2010, ClickBank will no longer allow promotions of these types of products that mention anything pertaining to NFL, NHL or similar types of sporting programs. ClickBank will also not allow for language that alludes to the promotion of these types of programs (for example, “watch professional football all day all weekend” will not be allowed with or without the term "NFL"). If we receive ANY complaints from customers who have purchased the product on October 2, 2010 and forward, the link that generated the sale will be blocked immediately.

Because ClickBank values its relationship with its vendors and affiliates, we are providing you with advance notice of this prohibition so that you may take appropriate steps to change your existing promotions and advertisements.

I got this in my email recently and I thought I would share it here in case anyone concerned missed it.
nelsencaleb
Trust:
I don't think it's right for them to specifically single out sports. I agree it's wrong what they're doing with the false advertising. I think they should think up a different way to protect the customers and punish these people.
daiarian
Trust:
Interesting, I have been promoting a TV streaming product (no sales yet) and have not received this email.

I understand their desire to protect the consumer from false claims and have no problem with that, after all at some time we are ourselves consumers and we hate being "sold a pup"

Regards

Russ
faradina
Trust:
Hi Russ,

I guess it is because the letter was sent to clickbank vendors. I'm not sure if it was sent to affiliates as well.

But since we as affiliates also do write-ups about the products we promote, it is indeed well to remember that we should not allude to those entities that were referred to in the letter.

This topic was started on Oct 01, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.