Build a mailing list? Want to blog for a living? Then you're gonna need some content. Find out where to get it and the best way to use it here.

Why Blogs Are Better Than Websites and Wordpress Software

colinlim
Trust:

Why Blogs Are Better Than Websites and Wordpress Software

Hi All Newbies or anyone struggling with trying to build portals (i.e. any site that isn't a blog or directory is typically known as a portal)..

Let me tell you something that will make your life a WHOLE lot easier if you struggle with HTML, web design etc. Personally, I'm actually OK with HTML & graphics, but even I did what I am about to tell you because it's made my life a whole lot easier & it takes me about 1/5th to 1/10th of the time!

Build blogs versus portals. This is because you can use Wordpress (the main software used to build blogs) which is free & its so powerful that you can build blogs quickly & easily.

Wordpress has literally thousands of free themes that you can choose from & the themes are relatively easy to tweak so that you can customise them to look like whatever you want. See here: http://themes.wordpress.net/

The other great thing about blogs is that you can write in "natural english" i.e. you just write like you are talking on a forum like this one, versus making it all sound formal or corporate which is the standard for portals.

In the time it took me to create a portal, I literally was able to create 10 blogs that all look great (I think so anyway!).. and with the plugins available which are also free its so easy to do things like create polls, SEO your posts, manage adsense ads etc

I've got a site that can help you with all of this as well, but I'm not going to blatantly advertise it here.. if you are interested, PM me & I'll point you to it.

good luck!
raybask
Trust:
Hi Colin

do you want to elaborate on the value of blogs over sites apart from ease of construction. i ask because, well how many people here read blogs on a regular basis? how many cruise sites? see what i mean, at the end of the day marketing is about the kaching!! not how many pages you have up in cyber space.
I agree with what Mark stresses over and over, make one business/site work ie make money for you.

but hey if you've got a blog goldmining system i'm all ears.

shine on
Ray
wwwsecretsofonlinemillionaires.com

colinlim
Trust:
Hey Raybask

Its not that blogs make more money than websites.. I'm not saying this at all. But blogs do have some unique promoting methods & as you say, people generally like to read blogs regularly versus websites so you can capture a better community.

But when it comes down to it, money making is still about the basics that Mark teaches.. about SEO both onsite & offsite, about promoting your site/blog, about choosing the right affiliate programs to promote & promoting them well, about keyword research etc.. its still the same bag of tricks, but the best thing is that blogs are so much easier to create.. you dont need to spend money buying dreamweaver nor xsitepro, nor do you really need HTML nor graphics experience to create a pretty good looking blog. And with all the plugins you can make so many things easier -e.g there is a plugin called All-In-One-SEO which makes SEO'ing your posts so easy compared to creating a page on a website etc.

So cost-wise there are lots of savings & you can pump out blogs much faster than sites.

Hope that helps.

Col
PremiumMember
crystal01
Trust:
Personally, I prefer to read the affiloblueprint style websites such as wowblackbook then to read a blog. But, hey, that's just me.