Build a mailing list? Want to blog for a living? Then you're gonna need some content. Find out where to get it and the best way to use it here.

What % of plagiarism is acceptable in blogging?

tandaezeekdv
Trust:

What % of plagiarism is acceptable in blogging?

I'm planning to create a blog, but first I need to clear up a confusion.

I'll write a blog article on "the best email marketing tools." Because it is such a broad topic, I drew inspiration from a variety of Internet sites when writing my article. However, when I examined using plagiarism tools, I discovered that a certain amount of the content matches other sources online.

Can you tell me what percentage of copying is permissible in blogging without affecting my blog's SEO?
broadbandfreedom123
Trust:
In general, there is no set proportion for accepting plagiarised work. Typically, 5–10% is allowed depending on the length of the blog article or if you didn't do it for a specific reason.
*deleted*
Last edited by maryt on 22 Jun 21 6:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: spamming

staystoothkckk
Trust:
It might be as little as 2% to 3%, or it may be much more. The more effort you spend gathering references and citing sources, the more likely your post will be flagged.
randallangelo
Trust:
Hey,

Basically there is no specific percentage for acceptance of Plagiarized content. Usually, 5–10% is allowed depending on the length of the blog post or if you've not done it for a purpose.
tasuyknq
Trust:
Maximum 15–20% can be allowed but try to write 100% plagiarism free content.
bracknelson
Trust:
Usually, 5–10% is allowed depending on the length of the blog post.
If you have a broad topic, then you have taken the percentage of 10%.
garimonstr
Trust:
Blogging implies fully original content. If you plagiarize, them it cannot be called blogging. You can refer to different sources or blogs or books or something else, but never plagiarize.