Build a mailing list? Want to blog for a living? Then you're gonna need some content. Find out where to get it and the best way to use it here.

Using PLR Articles on my site?

PremiumMember
splork
Trust:

Using PLR Articles on my site?

Curious about using PLR articles on my sites. Typically I have been using blogs when building sites. I take a couple of the articles and populate the blog to start it up. Then I use RSS2B to "drip" an article on the site once a week until they are used up, usually 40-50 weeks.

Is this a sound strategy or would it be better to just add them all or say 30 to build the site from the start and then create an RSS2B project for the remaining.

It would seem to be a good idea to keep things fresh. Maybe I could just add a newsfeed to keep something dynamic on the site.

Thoughts?
Servicing the web sewers since 2006 http://lostballinhighweeds.com

Site Admin
markling
Trust:
Hi Splork,

Once I get back from england in 3 weeks, I am creating a video series that will show how step-by-setp to make money from plr articles.

Your strategy seems soundish, although I find with PLR articles, they are best used to form an article website with a newsletter followup, where you do your keyword research, and find out the keywords you want to target, and then do a little bit of re-wording with the article titles and a little bit of the text in order to conform it to the keywords that you are targeting.

The other half of the articles are used as an autoresponder newsletter series, where every 3 newsletters is a hard sell of an affiliate product.

With Blogs, it is better to keep a real blog, that people actually read and post comments on, and become attached to, like a community. Sure you can get search engine traffic, but you can also do that with an article website and you can put that up all at once.

Blogs are great, don't get me wrong, you should add this to your article website if you have the time and perhaps save up a few of the articles for this. Although it is better to know the topic of your blog and actually post real blog posts, even if they are short. Sometimes you'll need to reply to what people are saying so they get that feeling of realism in the blog.

Mark
Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: https://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive

PremiumMember
splork
Trust:
I'll look forward to that because as of now I have not been setting up any newsletters or grabbing emails for anything I've been doing. I'm going to have to learn to change my mode of thinking becaue really all I've been doing is to create a bunch of quick blogs to capture adsense clicks. Does it sound ridiculous to say that I have sorta been apprehensive to have any contact with "customers"? It will be difficult setting up that first auto responder course I think.

I have a lot to learn.

Site Admin
markling
Trust:
To start with, set up an article website with some of your plr articles, and then show me the site. You can post it on the forum for everyone to learn from, or you can message it to me privately. Either way, I'll step you through what to do, autoresponders, etc, once you have set your initial basic article site up.
Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: https://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive

PremiumMember
splork
Trust:
Alright I guess I'll be the guinea pig here.

I built an investment property site here.

I decided to see what you thought about this type of site. I tweaked the template and header a bit with DW and FW but it is not a straight DW site. If needed I can re-build using DW or use XSP. I'm up for whatever the suggestions may be.

And you'll also notice I used a subdomain...

PremiumMember
marclindsay
Trust:
Yo Splork :)

Didnt know you were over here too :)

Gee those articles look hot wonder where u got those from :lol:

Mark, I have contacted you through the members contact form. I am (in conjunction with Daniel) the owner of PLRpro.com. Got a few things we may be able to help eachother with :) I'll pm you.

Splork talk to you soon.

Regards
Marc
[url=http://www.plrpro.com:390dgv68]PLRpro.com - Where content meets quality - 440 articles per month limited to 200 people per group.[/url:390dgv68]

PremiumMember
splork
Trust:
Hey Marc. Yep I took a flier on this site. Seems as though I get the best service and products from you folks on the bottom side of this blue ball.

I was telling a buddy just this morning how I thought that PLRPro and Affilorama made a good pairing. Between Daniel, Mark and yourself there is product and instruction to hopefully make a go at this business.

Simply put, if can't make it work with the videos and instruction offered here and at your pad, coupled with the content you produce, then I pretty much need to find something else to spend my money and time on.

Site Admin
markling
Trust:
we'll make sure you get there, don't worry. Just keep giving it 100%

Site Admin
markling
Trust:
Hi Splork,

I just had a look at your site, and it's not bad, it could work, but I have some suggestions to improve it's chances of success, both in the search engines and with converting the traffic to clicks.

Firstly, those google ads do not flow with the page very well, they really do look like advertisements, rather than part of the page.

Look at this site that appears in the top 10 search results for "investment property" in google: http://www.shelteroffshore.com/

As you can see the google ads fit in with the article quite nicely. You should put one set of your google ads within your article also. Perhaps the top right corner. Also make sure that you color your adsense text the same color as your article text.

Also, your 2nd set of google adsense ads underneath your right hand side menu flows down past the end of your article.

You should instead place them at the bottom of your article across ways. There should be 4, and you should include a small picture above each one, that has some relevance to stock exchange topics.

A picture above each ad will increase clickthrus by 40% minimum to your adsense ads.

Also, with your google adsense ad at the top, you only have one topic listed "investment property", you really need to have a few more, to make it look like a menu, and to give it more chance that the user will want to click on one of them.

Another thing, to give yourself a chance of getting results with google image search (which sometimes appear in the natural search results), include a pic on some of your pages. You can get free pics from: www.sxc.hu.

It also makes your site look more friendly and pleasant on the eye. This makes people more likely to want to link to you. This is also a good change to get a clickthrough on google ads, or affiliate products that may be below the image.

Finally, if you can, start a blog on your site, or a forum, that way there will be more dynamic content and search engines will love this. If this isn't really feasible, don't worry, it's not essential.. I've done well without, but it certainly is helpful if you can.

I hope this helps, please do these changes and message me again when you have so I can have a look at it and we'll get your formula right!

All the best,

Mark

PremiumMember
splork
Trust:
Thanks Mark. I sent you a PM.

The site was built with a builder that I wasn't sure that I wanted to use. I think I can do much better. I think I may try to take Mark's suggestions and re-build with XSP. I suppose I could re-code the template used to build this site but I doubt it would look any better than what XSP can produce.

PremiumMember
stkeys
Trust:
Hi guy's,

Sorry to butt in on your thread but I am also a fellow Xsite Pro user and have been creating Adsense / affiliate sites for a while now with very little success.

I've read everything I can about Add placement, color, using images and I've tried various programs and methods for creating different formatted sites.

Over time I've been able to learn how to spot the really good sites but not been able to implement this knowledge into a system for producing money making sites myself.

There are some conflicting idea's when it comes to Adsense placement and color so I gues it's down to testing to see what works and what doesn't.

I would really like it if Mark, you could maybe check out some of my sites and give me some pointers. I have a couple of sites with a PR of 3 & 2 but they do not get the traffic I would have expected from these rankings and I have a dozen or so other sites that have not gained any PR yet.

One of the reasons for this I think is because they are not updated very often. I've tried using RSS feeds on some sites to alleviate this problem but I don't like the way most RSS feeds direct your hard earned Traffic away from your site.

I've just recently purchased " Content Solution " which is a great program for creating content or editing PLR articles for Blogs or Sites which has a brilliant feature where you can create your own RSS feeds filled with your own content that way you have a choice to put a link at the end of each feed to another of your sites, or another page in your site.

I do have Dreamweaver as well but since I started using XSP I've not really done much with DW.

Here are a couple of my sites if you get time to check them out let me know what you think.
http://www.britntex.com This one was originally set up as a generic Domain name that I intended to try and set up an British Expat's type site but I just never got the idea off the ground.

http://www.cameraelite.com No explanation needed for this one :wink: apart from it was one I got from an XSP members club and just did a bit of editing to.

Any helpful comments are more than welcome Cheers,

St.
PremiumMember
rcubed
Trust:
Hi St,

Those are really nice looking sites. How did you create the header graphics? Really like the one on the cameraelite site.

You also have nice PR. Unfortunately PR doesn't always translate into traffic. I have a PR 4 site I created for Adsense, but it gets virtually no traffic. I've been trying to figure out how it got the PR so quickly. Seems it picked up quite a few backlinks from articles I submitted.

I think your use of AS is pretty good. The only suggestions I would make is to try and tighten up on some of the whitespace. Especially the padding above your H tags and around the images. It makes the AS units stand out a bit more than you'd probably like. I'd also try adding a horizontal link unit right below the header if possible.

The AS units on the left navigation blend in nicely color wise, but the center alignment doesn't match the left alignment of your other links. I'd either remove them or place them below your links and use a larger ad unit that lines up more to the left.

I checked the bids for photograhpy KWS and the top bid is $33.54 with the ones below around $10. Of course AS pays around 50% on this, but still could be lucrative. Have you considered testing a PPC arbitrage campaign?

Very nicely done! I think I need to learn more about XSitePro.

Rich
PremiumMember
stkeys
Trust:
Hi Rich,
Sorry for the late responce I've been so busy I missed you reply.
Thanks for your comments and good advice on my sites, it's strange how we can have sites with PR that don't get traffic.

As far as trying PPC arbitrage that's one of the things that first got me started with Adsense, I purchased a system with a small program that created a one page basic site with boxes to fill in for the adsense adds,
Top, Middle, Bottom and side. You could chose which ones to put in.

All you did was find a suitable keyword grab a free article get a free host and bang up the site... I tried a few of these over a period of weeks and earned a few $'s but things started going wrong plus Google moved the goal posts' again lol. I ended up moving on to bigger and better things.

The funny thing is the very first arbitrage 1 pager still earns a couple of $'s every now and then.... some day's I've checked my Google campaigns to find none of my bigger and nicer looking content sites have earned zero yet that one page crappy site has earned....... go figure :cry:

I think it may have something to do with the fact that it's so basic and plain with no other pages to visit that when a person lands on it they can only do one of 2 things..... click an add or leave.

With regards to High paying keywords..... there are a lot of paid list's going around that really are worthless.

There are many factors to consider when chosing your keyword, ( as I'm sure you know) example
lets say your keyword has a highest paid click of $30 you may think this is a good keyword to go after..... but if you use a program like Adsense Accelerator you'll find out that only the top paying possition on the page pays that... the bids can drop very quickly from $30 for first place to cents for the lower possitions, and when you take into consideration that there are only 8 adds on the first page your chances of actually getting that top paying add are very slim.

Apart from that even after all your research for high paying keywords and getting relevant content with those keywords... google comes along and sticks adds on your page that are based on the lower keywords.

Also the more adds you display on your pages the more likely you are to get the lower paying adds. sometimes I think it would be best just to put 1 set of ads on the page and try to claim that high paying add.

But hey if it was easy.... there wouldn't be so many "Guru's " around selling us their " secrets" on how to make money with Google Adsense, lol

To be honest that's one of the reason's I joined Affilorama.... to move on from the Adsense mind set and learn how to make money from affiliate programs...

Oh I nearly forgot.... that header you asked about was purchased along with most of the site's content I just added my own bits and put all the adsense stuff in.

Cheers and good luck with the course.

St.
PremiumMember
rcubed
Trust:
Hi St,

Sounds like you know your stuff about PPC arbitrage and Adsense. I've been fooling around with it a bit recently and have had some mild success, but like you mentioned, Google keeps moving the goal posts.

In the end, it's probably best to build quality sites in good niche markets and do the hard work to drive traffic to them. That's why I'm here too :wink:

Good luck to you as well,

Rich