Build a mailing list? Want to blog for a living? Then you're gonna need some content. Find out where to get it and the best way to use it here.

Using content from RSS feeds

PremiumMember
richie32
Trust:

Using content from RSS feeds

Hi all,
I am in the throes of setting up a newsletter or mini course but the idea of sending out newsletters every 3 days frightened me a little with the content that would be required.

I have RSS feeds coming to my desktop with current news articles for my niche and wondered what the legalities of using this content would be. At the end of each there is a button to e-mail and a button to share etc but I assume that would be in its entirety as on the feed.

Being a news feed the content is out there but I guess that rewriting would be definitely required but would that be sufficient. As it is going out as an e-mail and is not actually a page on my website I don't see that crediting the author is a negative nor would the article as is cause my site duplicate contact problems either.

I am completely ignorant in these matters but some of the information is so good I would love to use it. Just putting an RSS feed on my website would add content but also negate my ability to use the content in an e-mail campaign.

Any ideas out there?

Kerry
wollowra
Trust:
Hi Kerry,
If it was PLR content then putting it in a newsletter series is fine.
However, it is not PLR and is actually someone else's content.
Look at it this way... if you put content on your blog or site and people were subscribing via RSS feed and then 100 people used it to create their own newsletter series from your content, how would you view it?

But, if you give them attribution ( credit ) for the content to use in your newsletter series then that is something you would have to discuss with them, the owner of the content.
So, I would... 1. Rewrite ALL the content in your own words...
( I would not spin it as that can still be copyright infringement ) or 2. Ask permission from the owner of the content feed to publish it.

Not sure if that helps or not.
Regards
Troy
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize
they were the big things.

-- Robert Brault

PremiumMember
richie32
Trust:
Thanks Troy.
That is much as I suspected but looking at the differing opinions on the net it is a veritable minefield with no real definitive conclusions. I will play it safe and look for PLR
Cheers
Kerry
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
one thing i do, if i dont want to write extensively myself is to browse article directories, and republish articles found there. as long as you include the reource box it is perfectly fine to do this.
Do you want to use your online content to Educate others, inspire them to action, and run a profitable business for yourself and your family? I can help you get started
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvDlGM242pI2D5TUOCWd7A

PremiumMember
crystal01
Trust:
Hi,

I read the following on the Affilorama blog and found it wonderful food for thought. I thought that it might help you as well.

"email marketing. How often do you read a full long email, as opposed to a short quick one? Personally I often save the long ones for later and often don't even get around to reading them (being so busy as I am!). Michel has tested this and has found that when sending out emails, if you write short emails (say a few lines), and then finish with a dot-dot-dot and then a link saying 'Read On' that links to the rest of your article on a webpage on your website; that produces a higher readership rate. It also means that you can track how many people are reading your email by tracking the number of visitors to your webpage, AND allows you to make more money by having adsense ads on your webpage. Cool huh? "

This topic was started on Apr 05, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.