Build a mailing list? Want to blog for a living? Then you're gonna need some content. Find out where to get it and the best way to use it here.

Updating blogs...

marios521
Trust:

Updating blogs...

HI,

I have installed a blog application on my website.
The blog is independent (design, css etc) but it is under my domain and shows in the site map.
I have someone posting everyday and some links pointing to his posts (in the site).

If I have a post every day, does it count as new content?
Is this the same with the articles?

Thank you.
Last edited by michellerana on 11 Sep 09 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: title changed to describe the post better

faradina
Trust:
Yes, anything new on your site is considered new content. Just make sure it's not duplicate content.
marios521
Trust:
faradina wrote:Yes, anything new on your site is considered new content. Just make sure it's not duplicate content.

Even if the new content is in the same page?
For example we post today an article. Tomorrow another one below the first in the same page.
After 10 days we have 1 page with 10 articles (updated daily).

Is this the same like we have more than 1 pages?
faradina
Trust:
Yes, that's how blogs are. Remember that even if all your recent posts are on one page, i.e., the homepage of your blog -- the number of recent posts on the homepage depends on what you set in the dashboard -- each of these posts also has its own page.
marios521
Trust:
faradina wrote:Yes, that's how blogs are. Remember that even if all your recent posts are on one page, i.e., the homepage of your blog -- the number of recent posts on the homepage depends on what you set in the dashboard -- each of these posts also has its own page.

Thank you sweet faradina!
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
with a good theme, you can also set it to only show a summary of your posts instead of the whole post. then they have to actually view the post itself in order to read it. makes the front page a little easier to navigate as well.
Do you want to use your online content to Educate others, inspire them to action, and run a profitable business for yourself and your family? I can help you get started
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvDlGM242pI2D5TUOCWd7A

marios521
Trust:
jmpruitt wrote:with a good theme, you can also set it to only show a summary of your posts instead of the whole post. then they have to actually view the post itself in order to read it. makes the front page a little easier to navigate as well.

Yes... I think I have a theme like this.
It is the only one I found surfing all day. (Maybe it has to do with settings in the other themes).
Seems good!

I think I like wordpress!
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
I love wordpress. I have set up a blog for each of my sites, on a subdomain. I seem to be getting most of my traffic through it rather than seo at this point.
What theme did you get by the way? i am always trying to find a good one. I really want to get the thesis theme, but gotta wait for my sites to start making some money first
Do you want to use your online content to Educate others, inspire them to action, and run a profitable business for yourself and your family? I can help you get started
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvDlGM242pI2D5TUOCWd7A

marios521
Trust:
I use wordress for my website and not as a blogging platform.
I 've just started using it.

You can check my site here http://poker-scholarship.com/

and find details about the theme here http://www.arrastheme.com/
mortalengine
Trust:
Hi
I use this one and can do anything I want with it, ie design it to make it the same as the original site
Would like to know what you think and how suitable it is for your ideas
Also find it produces the fastest SEO results

Atahualpa 3.4.1 by BytesForAll

Version 3.4.1 – Atahualpa is a WordPress/PHP/CSS Framework that lets you build your own unique, professional and browser-safe WordPress theme: 1-5 columns, fluid or fixed width, rotating header images and over 200 theme options.

Just for fun I tried a test on adding a blog to one of my sites that is hard to rank for and compared it to one which was doing well by itself and the result amazed me, within a month they are almost equal. This is not a comprehensive test but I will do it to more sites and see how it goes

This topic was started on Aug 27, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.