Build a mailing list? Want to blog for a living? Then you're gonna need some content. Find out where to get it and the best way to use it here.

Should I write some more general articles for my site?

spirit23
Trust:

Should I write some more general articles for my site?

Hey guys,
Was just wondering, I've been writing my articles day by day, specifically about a beautifying technique...and this niche is very small... I've done about 20 so far..

The problem is that only now do I realise that there is so much I can write about this technique...and I don't know if I could keep writing articles just about this one thing... however I could write loads about acne, scars, and topics around the niche... it is relevant...because for example, this technique can be used effectively against acne...

So can I just write more articles about acne in general? Or is it recommended that I try to include the keyword (i.e. this technique) in the acne articles as well?

So basically, my question is, should I be worried about not focusing specifically on the keyword that I am targeting in my articles? Or can I just create another directory of articles on my site that are closely linked to my keyword? (acne in this case - related to my keyword which is a beautifying technique).

Thanks alot!!

Asanka.
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
That is fine.... you do not have to use your main keyword in every article you write. You can target a different related keyword for each article.

Adrian,
spirit23
Trust:
Thx Adrian...

Just that I was wondering about the fact that the site is meant to be a silo...and there shouldn't be any 'bleeding' of off-topic information into your site... (on Advanced SEO techniques)...so as long as its a related keyword its ok?

hmmm i guess i got a bit confused ... >_<... :roll:

Peace.

Asanka.
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
spirit23 wrote:Thx Adrian...

Just that I was wondering about the fact that the site is meant to be a silo...and there shouldn't be any 'bleeding' of off-topic information into your site... (on Advanced SEO techniques)...so as long as its a related keyword its ok?

hmmm i guess i got a bit confused ... >_<... :roll:

Peace.

Asanka.

I think you might have the term silo confused. Silo is the proper structuring of your site in folders/sections etc.... If you properly silo your related keywords into a different folder, you will be ok........ don't link from your main keyword aritcle directly to the "off topic" keyword article. Does that make sense? Everything is somewhat related, just don't jumble them all into one folder.

Adrian,
spirit23
Trust:
Sweet, completely understand now :)

This forum is worth a lot with you guys around to help :)

Thanks again dude!

Asanka.
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
spirit23 wrote:Sweet, completely understand now :)

This forum is worth a lot with you guys around to help :)

Thanks again dude!

Asanka.

Your welcome, keep on plugging away!

Adrian,