Build a mailing list? Want to blog for a living? Then you're gonna need some content. Find out where to get it and the best way to use it here.

My own original article - already stolen

hammiesink
Trust:

My own original article - already stolen

I've been submitting articles to a few of the bigger article directories. Yesterday, while ezinearticles has still not gotten around to approving my articles, they suddenly suspended my account. When I asked why, they said because one of the articles I submitted was already on another site.

WHAT?!

I checked, and some large medical website has posted my article WITHOUT the bio box! Assholes!

Wow, it's been awhile since I've been this pissed off.

Now how do I sort out this mess?
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
Have you tried contacting the medical website? I'm sure they know what they've done wrong, they probably just didn't expect to be found out by you.
www.SixDayWeekend.com
Free Training Videos reveal how I make 6 figures while travelling the world

PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
Tell them you will hack their web server and file a legal lawsuit for copyright infringement.

Adrian,
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
Note to self: Don't steal articles from Adrian :)
www.SixDayWeekend.com

PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
sean06 wrote:Note to self: Don't steal articles from Adrian :)

lol

Hammiesink.... email them and tell them they are breaking copyright law.... if you don't see a change within 24 hours you are going to go after them.... usually works...

Adrian,
PremiumMember
sns21
Trust:
If they won't remove the article, contact their host to have their site suspended for copyright infringement.

And let them know that you'll be contacting their host :)

And contact Ezinearticles and explain the situation. Even CC them in on your email to the site
Like's A Beach!

superaff
Trust:
It's not a problem at all, just email ezinearticles, and they will understand.

When I first started to submit articles month ago, I took a PLR article and submitted it without changes, and after 10 emails, they just asked me to change the article.
Did you see the amazing case studies on my blog http://mynetmarketingland.com/blog1/
Affiloblueprint Bonus: http://www.mynetmarketingland.com/mark-ling/affiloblueprint.html

PremiumMember
mimenta
Trust:
Hi Hammiesink

Can you keep us posted on the outcomes of this - It effects a lot of us.

Thanks
hammiesink
Trust:
Yep. I emailed the webmaster and the article disappeared, with nary a word from them. So I resubmitted my article to ezine, hoping for an approval now.
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
Pretty weak that they didn't say anything after removing it, but at least it's gone. Glad to hear it worked out.
www.SixDayWeekend.com

PremiumMember
mimenta
Trust:
Thanks for the update

Its sick that they didn't offer an apology and at least some lame excuse. It's lost you a submission and wasted your time.

I have had several requests to use my graphics and copy I have written and I never say no. I am just stoked that they like it enough to use it.

Now I am starting internet marketing, I think I'd go further and offer to JV and give them extra stuff.

On the same subject - what makes the distinction between plagerising and re-writing?

Is there a certain level of variance that decrees one article is different from another (an thus does not breach copyright) because I see all the net gurus advocating copying and rephrasing others articles.
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
I guess plagiarism is when you just copy and paste. Rewriting an article is a bit of a grey area I think. I don't really see anything wrong with simply rewriting things in your own words, unless the article is pretty ground breaking stuff and you try to claim it was you who did the ground breaking.
www.SixDayWeekend.com