Build a mailing list? Want to blog for a living? Then you're gonna need some content. Find out where to get it and the best way to use it here.

How much of an article rewrite 2 pass big G's content filter

affiloblueprintpurchaselink
Trust:

How much of an article rewrite 2 pass big G's content filter

Lords And Ladies Of The Kingdom Of Cyberspace:

Please read this slowly and carefully and please do not guess at an answer. This is very important:

If a person gets a duplicate content set of about 20 articles (like the ones you get in AffiloJetPack) BUT only rewrites every sentence of the home page BUT on the other 19 pages only rewrites the first sentence of every paragraph, AND chooses different main keywords for each article than the other people who are getting the same articles, then wouldn't the "Google duplicate content filters" allow the pages to be found in the search results and not filtered out in any way since the pages are unique for the particular keyword that is calling up the pages to the search results? I am assuming that all other on page and off page SEO stuff is equal to other web sites who are competing for that particular keyword.

Even though not all the content is rewritten and other pages can be found with much of the same content, the reason that Google does not use a content filter is that the content is still unique for the particular keyword that is calling up the content in response to a search engine search summons for a particular keyword...?....!

Please tell me if in this scenario described above it is necessary to rewrite all 20 pages completely or if what I suggested in the first paragraph is enough?

Thanks, ABPL
joshuas
Trust:
There's has been some discussion cover this in this post: post63491.html?hilit=duplicate%20content#p63491

In that post James reports that he has gotten sites ranking with just a keyword change like you're suggesting. The only caveat he mentions is that it needs to be on multiple sites. So I guess your theory would hold. However, if you've got a good spinner then I would just give it a spin since it takes like a minute or less per article. Here's why I think that's a good idea:

From what I gather, basically your theory is based on this statement you made:

the reason that Google does not use a content filter is that the content is still unique for the particular keyword that is calling up the content in response to a search engine search summons for a particular keyword

First of all, this is an assumption as far as I know. It's an assumption based on results like what James has reported, but still I would say it's an assumption nonetheless since no one aside from the Google engineer really know the algorithms they use for filters. Still, for the sake of argument, we will consider it true until otherwise proven by other reported results.

Even so, I would still advise spinning the content because by ONLY changing the keyword, you are assuming that no one else is gunning for that keyword using the same article. If I were another AJP member for example, and I chose the same niche as you armed with the same articles, what are the chances of me wanting to rank for the same keywords? I would think it would be reasonably high. After all, most of us pick keywords based on more or less the same criteria right? So with two or more identical articles it once again becomes a battle of links which is kinda back to square one. That would be risk number one. (Note: I guess some would not consider this a risk, after all, this just means all the more the content doesn't matter much and what's important is the back links)

Secondly, Google is constantly trying to improve its algorithm to rank the original source content higher in the search rankings. In other words, they are trying to clamp down on plagiarized content and auto blogs. With this in mind, considering your keyword density is probably the recommended 5-7%, that means your article is potentially 93-95% duplicate content. Here's a test, run your article through a free plagiarism checker like plagium and if there are other instances of the article found. If it shows up there, I would chance to say that Google probably would get at least that result too if not better. Now I have no idea how Google determines which is the source article but if your article is one of the many that pops up in this scenario who know what would happen? Doesn't seem like a worthwhile risk to me.

Anyway, what I've said is conjecture at this point so it is very much my personal view on this topic. In terms of REAL results, I've had articles of about 30-50% spin quality rank well (like page 2 or bottom of page 1) for a while. Normally though I would try for a minimum of 50% for the above stated reasons.

Just for the record, Mark also recommends rewriting the articles although I can't remember the exact reasons. I believe he said the only exception is if you are using PPC to get traffic.

Oh, I also want to make a note that I do know of people who don't care whatsoever about duplicate content and still rank well and make money with their sites so I guess it's really up to you to decide what to believe. :) I do it just for my own peace of mind (plus it doesn't take much effort on my part) and so that readers get at least partial if not fully original content.

Joshua
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
I agree with joshua. also, just because you can do it today doesnt mean it will work tomorrow. they are always changing and trying to make search results higher quality, reducing rankings of spun, low quality content.

Although I disagree with him on the spinner ( there is NO such thing as an article spinner that produces Quality content in seconds. the ones selling you that hogwash are liars and thieves.), You should rerwite the content before putting it on your main money site. The content I syndicate, I dont always get the rankings up on them, and I don't always try.

However, the main goal on your site is to get the rankings and get traffic, so in order to do that, you have to spend some time creating content worthy of that ranking. Original content is always the best.
Do you want to use your online content to Educate others, inspire them to action, and run a profitable business for yourself and your family? I can help you get started
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvDlGM242pI2D5TUOCWd7A

kakaboo
Trust:
In the time of thinking so much and start this thread with a long post you could have easily rewritten 2-3 articles,, LOL...
joshuas
Trust:
jmpruitt wrote:Although I disagree with him on the spinner ( there is NO such thing as an article spinner that produces Quality content in seconds. the ones selling you that hogwash are liars and thieves.), You should rerwite the content before putting it on your main money site. The content I syndicate, I dont always get the rankings up on them, and I don't always try.

Hmmm, have you tried The Best Spinner before James? I find it pretty good so far. The quality of the original article needs to be ensured as well of course, otherwise rubbish just churns out more rubbish. Otherwise, I find the synonym database the software uses to be pretty good in most instances and while I do need to make certain changes sometimes (I still proof read the spun articles), in most cases it's still faster than rewriting the whole article. Unfortunately, this spinner seems to be the only exception as other spinners I have encountered were quite disastrous to use.

Whether you use a spinner/you write spun versions manually/rewrite entirely (the first one being least preferable), the point I was trying to make was if you could spin it in a short time, it would still be much better than just changing the one keyword. I do wholly agree with James though that if it's your money site we're talking about, then investing the time to make sure your articles are original and of good quality is worth it. After all, real people are going to be reading it.

Also, for the record my money sites use original content for the most part unless I'm deliberately quoting an article. The time I use spinning is for article marketing and even then, I try to rewrite the spun versions manually.

Joshua
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
The problem with synonym replacement is that the entire english language is contextually based. a replacer cannot read the context in which the words were used. so, using a database can be useful, but you still need to manually choose which ones you use based on the context of the phrase or word you are replacing.

that takes more than a few seconds to spin, if you want something readable by real humans. I don't spin for links. people who do that are just spammers in my book. I spin to leverage the content that I have written. I try to submit quality content that is readable and enhances the user experience.

Also, I do agree with Joshua, use original content for your own site, and use spiun content for other people's.

With my jetpack sites for example, I read the articles for the information, then write a new article in my own words sharing the same tips but in my own words.

I also take different articles, and mix and match to create even more unique content rather than having the same tips as everyone else on each page, I have mixed it up a bit.
Do you want to use your online content to Educate others, inspire them to action, and run a profitable business for yourself and your family? I can help you get started

faradina
Trust:
Google has become much more strict on content and page quality and are cracking down on web pages and sites that do not have such. And they are now so much more effective at detecting duplicate content, so it is much more difficult to get away with less than thorough rewriting. It is best, when you do not have originally-written content, to rewrite following my recommendations on the thread About Rewriting and Spinning Articles
Trust:
joshuas wrote:have you tried The Best Spinner? I find it pretty good so far. The quality of the original article needs to be ensured as well of course, otherwise rubbish just churns out more rubbish. Otherwise, I find the synonym database the software uses to be pretty good in most instances and while I do need to make certain changes sometimes (I still proof read the spun articles), in most cases it's still faster than rewriting the whole article. Unfortunately, this spinner seems to be the only exception as other spinners I have encountered were quite disastrous to use.

If several people with the AfilloJetPack sites use the Best Spinner to spin their articles is it not conceivable that all three will still have the same articles on their sites and thus duplicate content? If you do not know the answer to this can you ask the creator of the Best Spinner? Why take a chance in using the Spinner if the Best Spinner would be consistent in what replacement words it would generate? Or does it spin different content each time?
joshuas
Trust:
Not really. There is a chance of that happening of course, but in the Best Spinner there is an option to use synonyms that others have submitted or your own. The second option is of course safer but you do need to spend some time building up your own synonym database.

Still, even when using the public synonym database, you have the option of how many synonyms you want to use. So for example if you chose 3 and there are 10 found in the database, then chances are less that someone else is using the same 3. Keep in mind that only for one keyword and using the fastest option which is automatically generating the synonyms for your article. If you choose the keywords individually, even better.

My point is simply that spinning introduces much more variables to play with and reduces the chance of duplicate content compared to just replacing the keyword. Of course, having quality articles is a different story as has already been pointed out in previous replies. Also, you get better results if your source article was original in the first place.

If I'm not very clear in my answer (since it can be a bit hard to visualize), I can make a demo video to show you how it works so you have a better idea. Let me know if that's needed.

Joshua
Trust:
If you spin and then add one additional sentence to each paragraph that would be even more powerful and it would be easy also.

ABPL
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
the fact is, you are trying to do it the easy way, which I understand but you also should look at the latest google update that happened this week, which is trying to remove spun content and republished content from the rankings.

The more original you make your articles the better they will rank. you take shortcuts now, and you will have to do more work later. it takes time initially to make this business work, and the people who succeed realize that they can work hard at first in order to do less work later.

PremiumMember
sethczerepak
Trust:
I'm not convinced that the duplicate content penalty what most people seem to interpret it to be. I have over a dozen personal growth sites all built using the same content and I have several page one rankings for very competitive keywords. Having the same articles multiple times on one domain seems to be the only thing that hurts rankings.
fastflipwebservices
Trust:
Hey Josh you're right on the money with that. I think it's considered duplicate content if you have the same content on the same website. One of the executives at Google had an interview on this a few months back. I think you could pull it off, but with all the changes going through Google I would play it safe and re-write those articles unique so you get more traction.

This topic was started on Feb 25, 2011 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.