Build a mailing list? Want to blog for a living? Then you're gonna need some content. Find out where to get it and the best way to use it here.

How many articles to write?

kneelix
Trust:

How many articles to write?

Hello,

Just starting out and new to article marketing and have a couple of questions:

1) How many articles do you write for each niche you choose?

2) When do you decide to stop writing articles for a niche if sales aren't coming in: 10, 15, 20?

Any help and advice in this area would be very helpful and appreciated!

Thanks,
Bob
cecille.l
Trust:
Hi Kneelix,

I write about 5 to 10 articles initially for my chosen niche, and then keep going until I have about 20. I am not sure about at what number of articles to stop when you're not making a sale. Along with posting articles, you should be doing backlinking and SEO, at some point you are bound to make a sale or two down the road, so I am not sure if you should stop updating the content on your site.
Cecille

Building affiliate marketing websites is a breeze: https://www.affilorama.com/affilojetpack
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/affilorama

kneelix
Trust:
Thank you, Cecille, for your reply. I appreciate it. I've written 6 articles so far and have gotten some click throughs but not any sales. Will keep writing and see what happens as well as look for some more niches.

Thanks again for your help!

Kneelix
isabellas
Trust:
Something that I have found in my little experience is that when I am getting Clicks and they are not converting that if I change the product page just a little or if directly linking/domain forwarding change those to a different vendor I typically get sales.
gdikakabong
Trust:
You expect to see sales just from 20 articles? seriously? Please tell me not.. almost anyone can do 20 articles in just 3-5 hours (less than half a day) after some time and practice

I wrote close to 1,000 articles before even seeing any sales, so go figure .. more importantly is what are you exactly using the articles for - seo, just to drive traffic, etc
garishwasil
Trust:
@gdikakabong Most of the time it takes me 2 - 3 articles to make a sale. It depends upon which keyword we are targeting, is it a low competition buyer keyword or just any other. I create a niche site around a low competition buyer keyword and then write 2 - 3 articles on my niche site. Within 2 -3 weeks, I make my site to rank to the top of google for that keyword (yeah, thats possible and I am expert in it). Viola, I have sales flooding in.. Also when you reasearch for keywords, make sure it is the one receiving good amount of searches per day.
One more thing, I never use any paid tool or software to achieve all this and i neither do outsourcing (May be I will think of it in future).
kakaboo
Trust:
garishwasil wrote:@gdikakabong Most of the time it takes me 2 - 3 articles to make a sale. It depends upon which keyword we are targeting, is it a low competition buyer keyword or just any other. I create a niche site around a low competition buyer keyword and then write 2 - 3 articles on my niche site. Within 2 -3 weeks, I make my site to rank to the top of google for that keyword (yeah, thats possible and I am expert in it). Viola, I have sales flooding in.. Also when you reasearch for keywords, make sure it is the one receiving good amount of searches per day.
One more thing, I never use any paid tool or software to achieve all this and i neither do outsourcing (May be I will think of it in future).

I would love to hear your tactic on how you go about doing it.. you are right that one might need only 2-3 articles on his site.. but what gdikakabong is talking about is probably that you sometimes might need a whole LOT more of articles just for backlinking purposes
garishwasil
Trust:
@kakaboo Sorry, I didn't know that @gdikakabong is writing articles to get backlinks as he didn't mention in his post.

Well, there is no special in my tactic. I will give you a brief overview here :

Just create your niche site with one or two article (your best articles). Now submit your an article with your niche site's backlink in it to top 10 article sites and create 5 - 6 web 2.0 properties with a backlink to your niche site. Done, you only need this 15 to 16 backlinks to get to top of google. Confused ??
Well, there is a simple strategy behind this. As our niche site is too new, so it can't handle massive amount of backlinks through bulk article submission etc (as It will get sandboxed by google if we do so). Now what I exactly do is, I create an article with spintax and do "Bulk article submission to article directories and other blog networks like unique article wizard". But this article contains backlinks to my initial 16 backlinks and not backlink to my main niche site. This way I create massive backlinks to my top 15 articles containing backlink to my site and these 15 articles become so strong in eyes of google, that it rewards me a number one ranking in its results page for that keyword.

Got it ??
If you like it, I will love to hear a 'Thanks' :)
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
REally it depends on a lot of factors. yes, with low competition keywords, you can get away with that type of linking method, but with higher competition keywords it gets harder. Also, it depends on your niche. Squidoo, hubpages, and other sites are finding it harder and harder to get articles allowed due to all the spammers. most of them are adopting anti affiliate policies because of all the scam artists out there.

Best bet is to find blogs within your niche and get guest posts on those blogs, using really good high quality articles. then do the bulk submission to those guest posts, as well as using social networking sites to generarte buzz about your post.
Do you want to use your online content to Educate others, inspire them to action, and run a profitable business for yourself and your family? I can help you get started
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvDlGM242pI2D5TUOCWd7A

cecille.l
Trust:
Writing articles is a challenge for most people and not everyone can hire someone to do it for them. This is why it takes some longer to fill their website with content. You don't really have to come up with 20 articles all at once. It actually is much better to do it gradually. If writing is a challenge, then take your time writing at least 1 article a day or every two days. But be consistent about it.

Getting your articles accepted into various directories take time, so you need to find other backlinking strategies. I like James' suggestion. Guest posting in blogs not only gets you backlinks, it builds up your rep within the community too.
Cecille

Building affiliate marketing websites is a breeze: https://www.affilorama.com/affilojetpack

ethandavis157
Trust:
article rewrite is a great art to market your site globally and quickly. but when the question arise about quantity to write articles for marketing i always recommend fresh content. you can submit 50 articles per day but you have to submit each article with fresh content . you have to spin your article in such way that it look unique every time. so quantity doesnt matter now after Google Panda algorithm its become possible to seo new fresh site quickly.
Last edited by ethandavis157 on 14 Oct 15 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
My focus has always been on relationship marketing rather than link building. the focus is on building relationships in the various communities, and once I have the trust built up, then getting people to my sites.

When guest posting, it isn't necessarily about getting tons of traffic from one post, but rather engaging that community, and building trust. I have about 5 blogs that I contribute to regularly, plus a whole list of blogs that I post on occasionally.

Getting started is the hard part. When noboby knows you, getting those first few blogs to accept your guest post is often the hardest thing to do. Once you get into the community though, you will have people asking you to guest post on their blogs.

I get about 20 requests a week, but I am also careful about the blogs I guest post on. I make sure they are decent blogs, that will build my reputation.

I sometimes start out by finding fairly new blogs that don't have a huge following yet. Some people look for the "authority blogs" and often get rejected, because nobody knows who they are. But, if you go for a few of the smaller blogs that look like they are doing good work, you can build your reputation. they aren't the best for immediate traffic, but long term they can do a lot of good. I did some guest posts almost a year and a half ago and a brand new blog in the IM niche. at the time, the blog had about 30 posts on it, and a small trickle of traffic, most of which were other bloggers in the IM niche.

Now, those posts have PR2, have high search rankings, and I still get traffic to my site through those posts and new comments on the posts, over a year and a half later.
Do you want to use your online content to Educate others, inspire them to action, and run a profitable business for yourself and your family? I can help you get started
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvDlGM242pI2D5TUOCWd7A

captainamazing
Trust:
@gdikakabong

Woh, 1,000 articles? Were these for linkbuilding or for direct traffic from Ezine Articles? Without getting too personal about your results, would you say it was worth it? :-)
evilla.drazen
Trust:
Hi there,

I suggest you write about 5 to 10 articles at first for the niche you have chosen, and maybe you can write further down to around 20 articles. That is what Mark highly recommends in the Week 2 of the AB course.
karell_li
Trust:
Mark suggests to write at least 25 articles ( 500 words or more). You can write the articles by yourself or hire someone to write them for you.
The first step in the acquisition of wisdom is silence, the second listening, the third memory, the fourth practice, the fifth teaching others.

sam2
Trust:
karell_li wrote:Mark suggests to write at least 25 articles ( 500 words or more). You can write the articles by yourself or hire someone to write them for you.

Writing 20 article is not big deal if you are a good writer or can hire someone to write.The challenge comes when someone try to copy the content and put it their site.Hence the duplication comes in. Nowadays it is very difficult to protect the content from copy right threat.
Unique Articles for SEO - http://www.softnwords.com

cecille.l
Trust:
Hi sam2,

Yes, it's disheartening when someone just goes out and grabs your content but that is no reason to get discouraged and give up. There are steps you can do like submitting a DMCA report to Google to get that site shut down. I think reading up on Google's Duplicate Content guidelineswill help. :)

Have a good day!
Cecille

This topic was started on May 05, 2011 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.