Build a mailing list? Want to blog for a living? Then you're gonna need some content. Find out where to get it and the best way to use it here.

Hiring University Students

skaye
Trust:

Hiring University Students

Hi,

I either heard or read a comment from Mark Ling saying that he prefers to use university students to do his article creation and I thought the logic made a great deal of sense. My question is, here in Australia, how would you go about recruiting uni students for this kind of task?

Thanks.
Last edited by skaye on 17 Jan 11 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

michael025
Trust:
Hi Skaye,

I honestly don't know how it works locally in Australia, but generally, it's preferred if you have some personal contacts who can refer university students to you....preferably creative writing or journalism majors.....if you're young, maybe you have some friends who you can hire, or if you're a bit older, maybe your brother or sister or maybe your son or even your neighbor has friends you can hire....if you don't have these kind of contacts, then you would have to post an ad, in a local or community newsletter, but you'd probably have to pay more....
alishan_008
Trust:
If you're going for students then I'd also suggest looking for MBAs. Those guys are taught business and they pay close attention to promotions as they can apply what they learn to their papers. Look for MBAs as well because they can cover the promotion, sales and keeping the customer hooked part better than others.
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
I went another route. I found one who was studying what I wanted written about. Being in the relationships niche, I found a student who was studying to be a marriage therapist. he is able to incorporate what he is learning through his own studies to write articles for my relationships sites. .
Do you want to use your online content to Educate others, inspire them to action, and run a profitable business for yourself and your family? I can help you get started
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvDlGM242pI2D5TUOCWd7A

PremiumMember
sethczerepak
Trust:
I haven't found this to work at all. University students are so busy and many of them hate writing because they do it so much for school.
cecille.l
Trust:
I'm sorry to hear it did not work for you SethCzerepak.

The key here is to have contacts who can introduce you to uni students who are looking for part-time work. It's best if you can hire a student in the communication arts, creative writing or advertising/marketing field. This is mutually beneficial. You get to have someone do the writing for you and the student gets to earn and improve his writing.
Cecille

Building affiliate marketing websites is a breeze: https://www.affilorama.com/affilojetpack
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/affilorama

This topic was started on Jan 17, 2011 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.