Build a mailing list? Want to blog for a living? Then you're gonna need some content. Find out where to get it and the best way to use it here.

Good ways to get Article Topics for your website?

conker
Trust:

Good ways to get Article Topics for your website?

What are some good ways to get article topics for your website?
alvin
Trust:
That's a pretty vague and generic question. Are you getting it for SEO or Adsense purposes? Or do you want to write them yourself?

Perhaps you can describe what your objectives are and we'll be glad to help...
conker
Trust:
For example lets say I wanted to start a website about Music Downloads and I wanted to write 15 articles for it. What are some ways you would go about getting the topics for them.
alvin
Trust:
You could start by researching the phrases that people are searching for. Traffic Travis will help you do that. For example, I ran the term "music downloads" and found about 99 keywords. You can pick something like "cheap music download" and dig that. It returned another phrase" 'cheap download ipod music'.

I ran that on Google and found 3.5 million results (as opposed to 'music downloads' which has 234 million!)

So, you can write and article like "5 Secrets To Finding Cheap iPod Music Downloads".

This is obviously a very quick, 1-minute 'research' but you get the idea.

Try www.bummarketingmethod.com for a really good Article Marketing course.
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
Great tips there, but something I'd add would be to consider how likely, the traffic you would get from that keyword phrase, is to make a purchase.

Someone typing in "how can i get music for free because im a tightwad" is less likely to buy music than someone who types in something like "best place to purchase songs legally". I know its a silly example, but I hope you understand what I'm getting at.
www.SixDayWeekend.com
Free Training Videos reveal how I make 6 figures while travelling the world

alvin
Trust:
I must agree with Sean there, that's why I asked what's the site for. If its for Adsense you will get incoming traffic and that's converted into cash.

Nonetheless, my example was not very appropriate in this case, put yourself in the shoes of a visitor that's already got a mindset to buy, what would he type?
wendy
Trust:
When I have went out looking for article topics, I went to article directories like ezinearticles.com and did a search to see what other articles had been written on the topic I want to write about. Just reading the article titles helps to get new ideas flowing.

I go to Amazon and do a search for books written on the subject. Looking through table of contents of books helps generate ideas.

I also go to about.com and do a search there. If your topic has its own category, you can find so many article ideas just from looking at things written about it at about.com.

One other suggestion: do a search for a message board that is about your topic. People always ask questions and ask for advice on message boards. Answering those questions can be turned into an article. Also, check out the debates people have on topic-related message boards. Debates are a gold mine for article ideas.
alvin
Trust:
Wendy has a good tip there. Besides boards, you can also try Groups like groups.google.com and groups.yahoo.com, etc and find a need that needs to be filled...