Build a mailing list? Want to blog for a living? Then you're gonna need some content. Find out where to get it and the best way to use it here.

Do I really need to use only 1 keyword per article?

zsoltm78
Trust:

Do I really need to use only 1 keyword per article?

When I'm creating a web content, can I use more than 1 keyword per article?

Mark teaches on using 1 keyword per article. Why is this so important? What happens if more keywords are used per article?

Zsoltm78
anonymous1
Trust:
Hi zsoltm78,

You could use more than one keyword phrase per article.

This would be perfectly acceptable providing the article content made sense to a human reader. Say for example you were targeting a 4 word long-tail key phase you may even find that you also rank for the 3 and 2 word variation phases "contained inside" your long-tail.

BUT, also keep in mind that keyword or key phrase stuffing can dilute the power of your web page for search engine ranking on a particular single keyword.

Why not consider a new article page (more content which search engines love) for the other phases that you want to target? As keywords become shorter (say 1 or 2 words) the more competing web pages there are and the less targeting power your page has.

Competition for a particular key phase is the reason for targeting a single 3 word key phase.

Cheers
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
I agree. Using more than one keyword per article is possible, but you start to dilute your content that way. focus on one. perhaps write a 1000 word article, and break it into two pages to target highly related keywords.
Do you want to use your online content to Educate others, inspire them to action, and run a profitable business for yourself and your family? I can help you get started
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvDlGM242pI2D5TUOCWd7A

Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
zsoltm78 wrote:Mark teaches on using 1 keyword per article. Why is this so important? What happens if more keywords are used per article?

It would be hard to do onpage SEO if you use more than 1 keyword per article. To optimize your web pages, you need to use your keyword in the page title, headings, meta keywords and description, and within the first 50 words of your article.
Michelle
Customer Support
=========================

Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: http://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive

digiblue
Trust:
I always write articles based on one specific keyword but then I sprinkle in LSI keywords, variations of the keyword, and synonyms. So stay focused on one specific keyword for the title, headings, url (page slug in wordpress), tags, meta keywords and theme of the article but add in a few of the extra keywords I mentioned.

Hope this helps,

Alex
PremiumMember
cterao
Trust:
I've tried targeting 2 similar keywords in one article before with pretty good results. As long as the article reads well and it doesn't sound forced, I think it's okay.

Just don't try to optimize an article for 30 keywords and only have a one-page site :) You still need to make sure you have a good amount of content.
Clayton
I did AffiloBlueprint for one year - http://www.journeyofmyown.com/welcome-affilorama-friends/

Make $100 commissions by being my affiliate - http://exsolutionprogram.com/affiliates/

PremiumMember
gradyp
Trust:
EzineArticles.com had a pretty funny video recently about keyword stuffing. Basically, two people were talking using keyword stuffing. The reason the video was funny was a.) people don't normally talk that way, nor is most of the stuff they read and b.) Some people really do write articles that way!

(I'd have to see if I can find that video. Don 't have it right in front of me, but I remember seeing it a couple of weeks ago.)

Grady
Have questions about creating images? Want an image created for you? Check out my site at www.GradyPruitt.com/welcome-affilorama-friends

PremiumMember
gradyp
Trust:
Here it is!

http://blog.ezinearticles.com/2010/05/a ... ffing.html
Have questions about creating images? Want an image created for you? Check out my site at www.GradyPruitt.com/welcome-affilorama-friends

digiblue
Trust:
Bravo that video just made my day! So, so true. I think this vid is a must view for anyone who still thinks that keyword stuffing is the way to go.

Thanks Grady
jcdean
Trust:
digiblue wrote:I always write articles based on one specific keyword but then I sprinkle in LSI keywords, variations of the keyword, and synonyms. So stay focused on one specific keyword for the title, headings, url (page slug in wordpress), tags, meta keywords and theme of the article but add in a few of the extra keywords I mentioned.

Hope this helps,

Alex

Good stuff alex.

If you write an artical about growing tomatoes you don't need to say growing toamatoes over and over. Words like vines, bobs big boy, early girl, will let Google know it is really a artical about tomatoes.

Who knows these LSI kewords might get you ranked for long tails like "how to grow bob big boy toatoes".

When Google perfects LSI indexing, I think back links will carry less weight and people writting good origanal content will be in the Cat bird seat.
Respect,
JC Dean

wollowra
Trust:
@grady - Oh boy I think I just split my sides in laughter.

@JC - Spot on Mate.

Regards
Troy
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize
they were the big things.

-- Robert Brault

PremiumMember
gradyp
Trust:
I searched over at EZA last night and found two others in that "Article Content vs. Real Life" series. One on plagiarism and one on "original content". The latter one is funny because it has a person who's content is structurally sound, but completely erroneous, irrelevant, and just plain nonsense! :D (Think completely machine generated spun articles.)

Glad you guys liked it. I thought it was pretty funny myself.

Grady

PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
thanks bro. think i may have to add a new blog post to share that with. gotta love it LOL. personally I don't use EZA anymore because of all the crap there. it can get some rankings for low search keywords, but with all the adsense ads (which actually break the Google Adsense TOS, so they have to have a special deal with google) I just dont get enough traffic through them to make it worth my time anymore.
Do you want to use your online content to Educate others, inspire them to action, and run a profitable business for yourself and your family? I can help you get started
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvDlGM242pI2D5TUOCWd7A

PremiumMember
challer
Trust:
I'm under the impression that trying to rank for 2 different keywords can actually hurt. From my experience, if I build backlinks from one type of keyword and then try to rank for another keyword, I end up falling for the first keyword.

I think the best way to get ranked for multiple keywords has already been mentioned - go for a long tail and once you are #1 for that start optimizing for shorter phrases contained within that long tail.
imhere
Trust:
digiblue wrote:Bravo that video just made my day! So, so true. I think this vid is a must view for anyone who still thinks that keyword stuffing is the way to go.

Thanks Grady

hello!

i sew ur siteweb but u dont give any gifts :-) i mean somes articles free :-)
http://www.digitalbluemarketing.com/qua ... t-writers/
jaaferqasem
Trust:
michellerana wrote:
zsoltm78 wrote:Mark teaches on using 1 keyword per article. Why is this so important? What happens if more keywords are used per article?

It would be hard to do onpage SEO if you use more than 1 keyword per article. To optimize your web pages, you need to use your keyword in the page title, headings, meta keywords and description, and within the first 50 words of your article.

I keep hearing meta keywords but still have no idea what is it exactly and where can I edit it or change it on my website/wordpress
Yes, I did google meta keywords and found something on wikipedia about meta elements and what not, but I just wanna know what is it exactly and how can I edit it (edit it to what exactly?) to get higher rankings

This topic was started on Jul 09, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.