Build a mailing list? Want to blog for a living? Then you're gonna need some content. Find out where to get it and the best way to use it here.

Do Articles And Products Have To Be Related?

bevonaustin79
Trust:

Do Articles And Products Have To Be Related?

Does our articles have to be related to the products that we're promoting?
PremiumMember
cterao
Trust:
The closer they are related, the better your conversion rate will be (and the more money you will likely make).

...But no, there is no "law" that they have to be related.
Clayton
I did AffiloBlueprint for one year - http://www.journeyofmyown.com/welcome-affilorama-friends/

Make $100 commissions by being my affiliate - http://exsolutionprogram.com/affiliates/

bevonaustin79
Trust:
Ok thanks. for i was wondering what if i choose a set of products to promote from clickbank one eg. say a "dog training program" and i decide to purchase some PLR article that was totally not related was wondering what would i do...
Site Admin
aletta
Trust:
The problem with PLR is that it might not line up with the keywords you want to promote, or the products you want to promote. That's the downside of trying to use it "as is".

You can also think of PLR as just being the research. You'll have to re-write the articles anyway to avoid duplicate content penalties, so you may as well take the opportunity to reshape it to be more closely aligned with the keywords you want to target. I'd recommend you create your content based on the products you're promoting, rather than trying to find products that match the PLR content you've just bought. Here's how you do it...

1) Look at your product. What problems does it solve?
2) Think about the people having these problems. What do they put into Google when they have these problems? Look at keywords and search volumes and choose some problems to focus on.
3) Write articles about these problems.

Then here's how you make a sale...

1) People have problems. They search for a solution to the problem.
2) They find your article, because you've built it around a keyword related to their problem
3) They read your article, and you recommend a product that is a solution to their problem.
4) They buy the product. Profit.
Are your changes not showing up on your website? Try doing a hard refresh! http://www.refreshyourcache.com/en/cache/

ecommerce-services
Trust:
I think so article has to be related to the product or the services you provide, as u can better explain the services/product in the article in a better way
brad9
Trust:
You should have more success at it if they are, at least, loosely related. I've been to some sites that have completely unrelated advertisements running alongside & would not even think about clicking through. When I'm there, I'm there for a reason & have usually used a search engine to get there. I don't want to be distracted by completely unrelated advertisements. If they are relevant & related, I'm much more prone to click through. Perhaps just take a look at how you glean information, and what things make YOU click through in order to decide whether or not you should use that company's advertising alongside your article.
B]Check Out Our Software Affiliate Program at Boost Affiliates
Now offering $150 bonuses for first 5 sales.
Up to 90% in commissions, Low refund rate (below 5%), chargeback rate at .5%.
http://bit.ly/1j56o5G

kallayprasanth05
Trust:
I too think that the article you purchase or write yourself should be related to the product you are marketing to some extent at least. The visitors or the readers can then understand the validity of your article.
johnnysantiago
Trust:
You kind of have to get in the mindset of your visitors. For example, you can get sales if you are targeting a "buyer" keyword such as "how to cure acne". The person is searching for a solution in Google, they find your site and read your blog post and if you are recommending a product relevant to their problem, you may make a sale as it is targeted to your traffic.
thejewel
Trust:
Oh, absolutely.

This is under producing quality content. In order to gain your customers' trust and loyalty, you should never divert or confuse their attention by providing a content that is not related to your product. It just wouldn't make any sense.

Your visitors are there looking for your content or product. Whatever their reason for checking your site, your content should be connected with each other. Otherwise, that would be like going to a health store only to find out they're selling cosmetics. Confusing, yes?

Hope this is helpful. Have a great week.
parker4tech
Trust:
Yes,your article should be related to your product. Articles are like "testimonials" that validate the need to purchase your products. Inadditon , If your articles are related to each other you can easily link one article into other pages of your sites, which is a good and effective SEO practice.
“For every minute spent in organizing, an hour is earned.”
http://scatterbrainrescue.com/

alan roy hocking
Trust:
You need to keep your articles and products tightly focused on the same solutions to maximize sales otherwise you will confuse your readers.

People search for an expert to answers their problems and if your website diversifies into other areas that are not related to the customers problem you will lose their trust and the sale.

It's a bit like me saying: "I have a friend who's a qualified mechanic who can fix your car for you" or: " I have a friend who fixes cars and can also help you lose weight!"

Which one would you take your car to? :)
The happiest people don't always have the best of everything, they just know how to make the best of everything.

daljeet.kaur
Trust:
Yes, it's very important to have your article content connected with the services or products you are promoting. You can't ditch your audience by providing them the content that is not related to your services but you are redirecting them to the services/product page. You will loose your audience trust with such activity. Write your content in such a way that it is related to your product/services, that also don't loose user's interest, it should look natural and on the same side, giving benefit to your website also.
damon_13
Trust:
It is best to have relation with your promotion, also better to reveal benefits as well.

This topic was started on Mar 18, 2014 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.