Build a mailing list? Want to blog for a living? Then you're gonna need some content. Find out where to get it and the best way to use it here.

Cloaking affiliate links in Ezine

affdoc59
Trust:

Cloaking affiliate links in Ezine

Hi folks,

I'm new to the affilate marketing scene. I'm sure this question has already come up but I'll ask anyway: how can I cloak an aff link in my Ezine artiicle (Bio) so it points to my redirect domain?

Thx

Cornelia
bmusic
Trust:
Hi AFFDoc59,
I hope you have read Ezineartarticles TOS first before. It should actually clear your question and other important related ones as well. I do recommend to read it and apply it as stated if you want great results with your articles.

The best you can do if you want to "direct link" is to:
-buy a domain (for your affiliate promotion you intend)
-redirect the affiliate link ( go into your domain companies dashboard and look for redirect of the domain you bought, then insert your affiliate link)
-last step is to insert your new domain name into your Ezine article.
Now when someone clicks on it it will redirect to your affiliate link page, where you will get paid if that person purchase form the vendor.

This is the only "cloaking" path I am aware of Ezine allows for affiliate marketing.BTW, please do not use a "guru" name as your url domainname, it´s forbidden too. Play by the rules, follow Affilorama,Ezine guidelines and you should be on the safe side of IM.

I am myself new to affiliate marketing and just began Jan 2010 to do PPC offline biz, with success though following guidelines and blueprints and not short-cuts, get-rich-schemes.

You are hopefully building a biz, not a hobby. Treat it accordingly.

If they is anything I can do to help you, please post or PM me.

Bill
borry
Trust:
Hi
Very new to Affiliate Marketing. I have a similar question. I don't yet have a website as I am currently still working on it, not easy as I'm on a very tight budget and although I'd like to outsource it, it's just too expensive. So, what I thought I'd start in the meantime is article marketing. My question though is how do I cloak my affiliate link, which I would place in my resource box (not Ezine, as I know they don't allow affiliate links in your resource box) as I have read that it is easy for people to "hijack" your link, so now I'm actually too scared to post my links anywhere.....
What should I do?
Thanks
Belinda
PremiumMember
ampie g
Trust:
Hi Belinda, you need to get a domain name like Bill said above. Then redirect it to your affiliate link. You can check out this lesson on redirects.
borry
Trust:
Thanks Ampie

My concern with this is, (and tell me if I'm seeing this incorrectly) that when someone clicks on my domain name, (which I would have bought for the sake of redirecting my links to for the time being - until I get a website up and running) and it redirects them to a sales page, does this not automatically make them sign off? I mean, they were expecting to see a website with, hopefully some good content and yet all they're getting is a sales page. I get very irritated with that myself.
I was thinking of cloaking my link with anchor text for the articles, which I plan to post on eg Go articles.com - can this be done?

Then, lastly, I will have to build my own website (my first one at least) until I've made enough sales to outsource the second one. Which reasonably priced and user friendly software would you recommend? Please bear in mind that I am pretty clueless to this technical stuff....lol

Thanks
Belinda
PremiumMember
ampie g
Trust:
Hi Belinda, if you don't want the links to go directly to the sales page, then you'll need to create a site. On your page, you can place your affiliate links. :)

There are some lessons here on site building. You can also use Wordpress to build your site.

If you want step-by-step lessons on how to build a profitable site using Wordpress or Xsitepro, you may want to consider investing on Affiloblueprint later on. :)
borry
Trust:
Thanks Ampie

I think I'll just have to go ahead and get started on the site. I definitely want to invest in affiloblueprint but, unfortunately it is not in my budget right now, so I have to try and do this on my own first.
Can I ask, if my only intention for having a site is to get people to opt-in, then is it ok to do a ONE page site only using a good domain name, title and keywords in the content?

Thanks
Belinda
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
Hi Belinda, although you can do a one page site, the more pages you have, the better off you will be. For one thing, the search engines will rank your site better if you have more content. also, each page can target a different keyword, giving you the opportunity to rank for a variety of keywords.

I usually recommend looking for low search keywords to start with. You can get ranking pretty easily for some 400-500 monthly search keywords, then as you get a little traffic from those, start tackling the bigger ones to get more traffic.
Do you want to use your online content to Educate others, inspire them to action, and run a profitable business for yourself and your family? I can help you get started
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvDlGM242pI2D5TUOCWd7A

borry
Trust:
Thanks James. I listened to the webinar, where Mark was interviewing Chris and Andrew Fox and learned an incredible amount there about finding good keywords. I agree with you about looking for low-search keywords to start off with. That webinar also made me see this in a different perspective. So, thank you and thank you Mark for an awesome webinar.
Regards
Belinda

This topic was started on Sep 11, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.