Build a mailing list? Want to blog for a living? Then you're gonna need some content. Find out where to get it and the best way to use it here.

Checking for duplicate content

matanblu
Trust:

Checking for duplicate content

Hi everybody,
Does any one knows how to check for plagiarism?
I mean when it's a new article (not PLR, then I can check with the Article Compare tool).
and if it's free it will be the best.

Kind regards,

Matan
richm143
Trust:
Matan

The cheapest one I know of is copyscape. I signed up with $5.00 and they only charge $.05 cent per article to check them. You don't need to buy any programs or site and there is no addl hidden cost.

I hope that helps.

Rich
PremiumMember
gradyp
Trust:
Martin,

I think I've also heard Mark suggesting taking several sentences at random and doing a search on that sentence. If the same site keeps coming up for different sentences, and/or you find that sentence word for word somewhere else, chances are, it could be plagiarized.

Grady
Have questions about creating images? Want an image created for you? Check out my site at www.GradyPruitt.com/welcome-affilorama-friends

PremiumMember
crystal01
Trust:
Hasn't Mark said that a 50% alteration of a documernt is fine?

I always aim for around 90% which is possible if you gather information from a couple of articles or more and then combine the information.
richm143
Trust:
Use Affiloblueprint's Compare tool to check the PLR against the Rewritten Articles for the percent of difference, and Copyscape.com at .05 cents per article to check it against the net is a good start if you have nothing else.

That's is the only Free way I know of right now. Maybe someone else can help us with another way

Hope that helps Rich
mortalengine
Trust:
Try this its free and good also
http://www.plagiarismchecker.com
Site Admin
markling
Trust:
In some ways it really depends on the source of your content. If its PLR then absolutely rewrite it, the more the better, with 25% different being an absolute minimum.

For new content that you've written or had outsourced workers write for you then you want to be sure that is very unique. While you can use similar articles as part of your research simply copying chunks of the article regardless of how much you swap the paragraphs around, it will be seen as duplicate content since search engines use a shingling algorithm to determine duplication.

At the end of the day, while possibly the most expensive and time-consuming of the available methods for creating content, you can't beat a well-written article either done by yourself or a hired writer.
Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: https://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive

rumi298
Trust:
Try copyscape or dupeoff for duplicate content checker and hopefully you will get 100% great output.
http://dupeoff.com for duplicate content checker.

joshjocky
Trust:
Usually I check using copyscape.com and plagium.com. It would be better in finding the duplicate content checker.

This topic was started on Sep 21, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.