Build a mailing list? Want to blog for a living? Then you're gonna need some content. Find out where to get it and the best way to use it here.

Can't get the results I want from my articles

asafaffiliate
Trust:

Can't get the results I want from my articles

Hey everyone so this is my biggest issue so far

I hire freelancers for my web articles ( IWRITER ELITE writers+ELANCE very experienced writer )
but as much as i explain them on Skype and well organized file with ALL the details that i want + examples + pictures ( anything you can think of ), and i still can't get the results i want !!!!!

In afillo blue print there is the section about rich snippets that i like allot but in the resource box it sends you to be a member of afillo jet pack ..(annoying)!!.

Because didn't get any positive ROI i'm not a jet pack member yet.

I am confused, don't know if i'm the problem or is it like that with all the writers...

Please help
Thanks in advanced guys :-)
chek my website
http://www.girlpickupinfo.com/

Site Admin
aletta
Trust:
Can you give us a bit more information about what you mean by you "can't get the results you want"?

Snippets are basically research and ideas for articles (since research is what is the hardest/longest thing for a writer to do, and what cheaper writers will usually skimp on -- which is why you get articles that are just full of fluff!)

You can hire someone to create the snippets for you, or you can create them yourself and then just get the writers to connect the dots in lovely language. Creating them yourself can be a good idea if you've got very specific ideas for the information you want in your articles, but it requires that you know something about your topic.
Are your changes not showing up on your website? Try doing a hard refresh! http://www.refreshyourcache.com/en/cache/

tankctrlr
Trust:
Yeah you kind of get what you pay for when it comes to hiring writers and I agree with Aletta that the hardest part for a writer (a good writer) is doing the research but even then you could find a writer who specializes on the topic that you need.

When you do find that special writer never let them go! Ever! lol Treat them well and that ROI you seek will be well worth it. I run a writing service (yep here it comes, a pitch) and we've bought laptops, paid certain bills for our writers just to help keep them working for our clients, they are just too valuable to let go and it takes us tons of effort to find the good ones.

Oh yeah forgot my pitch, check my signature link. ;-)
Writing Services - www.needanarticle.com

asafaffiliate
Trust:
Hey tnx for your reply :)
Can you give us a bit more information about what you mean by you "can't get the results you want"?

Like you can see in my website the articles are not intriguing and it looks like a fluff.
basically what i do is give them the title to rank for and tell them they can add to it whatever they want (just don't change the title), then i tell them the tonality that i want and examples of articles that i like plus couple more things ...(without skipping anything).

About rich snippets - the only part i didn't get is "why is it the hardest part"? cos i thought you can just do Google for the same articles and take the subheadings from there?

The writers that i took r not cheap at all so that's not the case.

Do you know what am i doing wrong? maybe i should change my instructions to them?
any idea?
I know that it's the most crucial part of affiliate marketing and can't do it right

tnx so much for you trying to help me
chek my website

Site Admin
aletta
Trust:
About rich snippets - the only part i didn't get is "why is it the hardest part"? cos i thought you can just do Google for the same articles and take the subheadings from there?

Well yeah. Assuming that the articles you're finding to use as research are actually meaningful. If they're just fluff like yours... it's not going to help. It also assumes that the writer can tell from your headline what the topic actually is. "How to get a woman to want you obsessively" isn't really about how to attract women who are mentally unstable. It's about how to attract women in general, I assume. So your writer actually needs to think about that for a bit as well.

Here's the thing you need to realise... Imagine I'm a writer. I charge a minimum of $40 an hour for my time. You're paying me $20 an article.

This means I have 30 minutes to research the topic, understand the topic, read any related articles, and then write a 500 - 800 word article based on that research. 30 minutes to do everything, otherwise I start losing money.

So I'm going to assume that it takes me 20 minutes to write the article itself. This gives me about 10 minutes to do research and gather enough knowledge to put pen to paper.

There is NO WAY that I would be able to write a good, meaningful article on a topic that I originally did not have much knowledge in, with only ten minutes research.

NO WAY. I might be able to do it if I'm already an expert on the topic, but if I'm just a general kind of writer... what you're going to get is a bunch of fluff, full of wild generalisations and shallow observations. Which is basically what you've got.

So you can either pay MORE per article and allow the writer more time to do the research they need to make it actually informative, OR you can just tell them what they should be writing about in a rich snippet.

YOU take 30 minutes or so to come up with a good article outline. YOU figure out what the main points are that you want covered. Then you give it to the writer to flesh out.

Then the writer knows immediately what the article is really about, how deep you want to go, and I don't need to be wondering, "is this what he wants?". I can use my ten minutes to plan and do any additional research I need, and then I can just bang it out.

Eg, you might tell me that your article on "how to get a woman to want you obsessively" needed to touch on these points:

1) You need to be confident. It doesn't matter what you look like, so long as you have confidence.

2) Be interested in her. Don't just talk about yourself.

3) Display positive body language.

4) Let her know you like her, but don't come on too strong. Just plant the seed so that she'll start considering it.

--- I don't know if these are right, but if you gave me an outline like this: BAM, I'd be able to take it and run with it.

Without any guidance like this: I'm just going to waffle on for the desired word count because I don't have TIME to actually think about it properly.

Basically: If you want good articles you have three choices:

1) Hire someone who is already an expert in the topic
2) Hire someone who is not an expert and pay them more to give them time to do appropriate research
3) Hire someone who is not an expert and give them an outline of what you want them to write about (an article snippet)

Or you could also...

4) Hire an expert to do the research and create the snippets for you, then hire cheaper writers (not experts) to write articles based around that research. You can get multiple articles from one snippet, and it's cheaper than getting an expert to write ALL your articles.

(This is what we're going to be providing in AffiloJetpack when it re-releases soon: 20 snippets per topic, so you can give it to cheaper writers and still get good articles.)
Are your changes not showing up on your website? Try doing a hard refresh! http://www.refreshyourcache.com/en/cache/

asafaffiliate
Trust:
Hey aletta
Can you recommend me an expert it this niche (it looks like everyone calling themselves experts on freelancers site's without anything to back it up)?

I'll do 1 of the 4 things you recommended me hopefully with much better results
this time ... :)

Thank you again for being a great help ;-)
chek my website

Site Admin
aletta
Trust:
Can you recommend me an expert it this niche

I don't personally know of any experts on your particular topic, but what I would do when asking for bids from writers is just get them to submit a few articles they've written on the topic when they make their proposal. And get them to write just one article to begin with (so you can evaluate).

I know you're not hugely interested in AffiloJetpack (and you're sick of us recommending it!), but you do know that "dating tips for guys" is one of the AJP niches, right? Which means that you can just get a bunch of newsletters and article snippets that we've already put together for you and stop worrying about all this.

I'm just saying because it sounds like you've already spent quite a bit of money on content that isn't very good. And when you consider that the AJP niches work out at less than $100 per niche (you get 5 for $497) that's ... uhhh... pretty damn good value.

When the new AJP comes out we'll be recommending writers you can use too. They're the ones who helped us create the AJP content in the first place. We spent a lot of money weeding out the "fluff" writers to get to these ones. So that would be useful for you too.

Sorry if the constant recommendation is annoying, but it's hard to see people struggling and wasting money when there's such an easy solution. It's not the cheapest solution up-front, but it IS the cheapest in the long run if you're not an expert on your topic or a very good writer.

thejewel
Trust:
Hi Asi!

Just my two cents. I checked your site and read some articles. I find most of the articles impersonal and rushed. I think it's very important that the tone of your articles should have a personal/intimate tone considering you are convincing men to improve their dating skills. Imagine a bro giving a dating tip to another bro. Think Will Smith's Hitch. Unhurried. Smooth.

I have a background in writing SEO articles and normally, writers are given the topics to write without the time to research, thus the impersonal tone. This is probably one issue you might want to look at.

Like what Aletta said, have your would-be writers send you a sample article in this topic so you can evaluate if their writing skills meet your requirements.

Also, I find the articles too lengthy. Coming from a marketing/advertising POV, you should leave your readers wanting for more.

Again, just my two cents. :)

Hope this helps. Have a great week.

This topic was started on Apr 03, 2014 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.