Build a mailing list? Want to blog for a living? Then you're gonna need some content. Find out where to get it and the best way to use it here.

Articles through "elance" - Who owns them?

PremiumMember
revimp
Trust:

Articles through "elance" - Who owns them?

First off,I don't know what a plr article is,someone tell me please.

Now,I have submitted a project to Elance after being inspired by your video of how to make an article website and i am curious about a couple of things,they want to know who will own the articles? Should I insist that I own them? and should I provide the author with a link or do I pretend i wrote them? I know it may sound silly,but I really don't know.My project is posted for 25 to 30 articles and I need to know the standard answer before I accept a bid.I would think I should own the right to do whatever i want with them ,but I am not sure about the author's rights.Thanks,Bill
PremiumMember
rcubed
Trust:
Hi Bill,

When using a ghost writer, people usually insist on getting full rights to the articles. This way you can claim authorship and submit them to article directories.

PLR stands for "private label rights". These are articles, ebooks, software, and other products that you can claim authorship to as well. With PLR articles it's usually a good idea to rewrite them so they're unique. In many cases PLR articles are also being sold to other marketers. So you probably want to rewrite them so you don't have articles that are identical to a bunch of other sites.

I've never purchased PLR articles so I can't vouch for the quality. I have received a lot of free PLR articles and can say that the quality has been very poor.

Rich
PremiumMember
revimp
Trust:
thank you so much.We will see what the quality is.Luckily it is on a subject I know so I can re-write them easily if I need to.
anyone ever buy articles from Elance?
PremiumMember
tino
Trust:
Hi Bill,

You absolutely want 100% exclusive rights to the articles that the Elancer writes. Otherwise he/she can make a site to compete with you or sell them to hundreds of other people or even membership sites.

You should also make sure that the Elancer knows that you want original, non-machine generated material that does not infringe on anyone's copyright and you will check for copyright infringement at copyscape.com.

I'd also request that they send you 5 of the articles at a time upon completion for your review to make sure they are up to your quality standards. This is better than getting 25 articles all at once to find out they are very poor quality.

Don't be afraid to make these requests, remember YOU are the boss, they are the employee.

As you can probably tell, I've been burned once or twice and have learned some valuable lessons.

John T
PremiumMember
revimp
Trust:
thanks,great stuff! Also,I am wondering how long the articles should be? I may want to write some myself also.
PremiumMember
tino
Trust:
revimp wrote:thanks,great stuff! Also,I am wondering how long the articles should be? I may want to write some myself also.

Most of my articles are around 500 words, but anywhere from 400 to 700 seems to be the norm. I also like to keep the keyword density for the main keyword around 1% so in a 500 word article I use the main keyword/phrase around 3 to 5 times and the first time as close to the beginning of the article as I can. I also use some secondary keywords that are related to the main keyword sprinkled in.

This works well for me, but if anyone else has any other recommendations please chime in.

John T
PremiumMember
revimp
Trust:
I just received an article i bought from elance just to see how it was and I was not impressed at all.there were many grammatical errors and it showed very little reseacrh or attention to detail on their part.I am very surprised. I opted to buy one article for $50 and I thought it barely passsed a high shool book report standard.I submitted revisions for them to re-do and we will see if they do that ok.Wow!
thank God there is a feed back feature so I can use that anyway.
Site Admin
markling
Trust:
Hi Revimp, that's no good, especially if it was $50 for an article. That's expensive!

Although there is an elance minimum bid of $50, and elancers usually don't like bidding on projects that are too small. I find when I submit 10 articles to get written, they usually quote me a similar amount to if I had less articles.

If this writer doesn't work out, message me and I'll recommend you another.

regards,
Mark
Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: https://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive

PremiumMember
revimp
Trust:
From the way I understood it,the minimum you could pay for a "project" was $250. Do I have that wrong?.That is why I used the "buy it now" feature instead. How much would you expect to pay for 10 articles? 20? 30?
Also,what if I really am unhappy with this person's work,should I offer half price in order not to leave bad feedback for them ? Is there any way out? One thing I have learned so far is that I could have written that ,no problem.What a waste! Bill
creat3cp
Trust:
Mark can you recommend me some elance writer?

pm me thank you.
PremiumMember
rennick
Trust:
You can also try this group. I've had two groups of 10 articles done and have been pleased with the quality. You have to order 10 (or more) articles, but they're $4.50 for a 550-word article.

"http://bestarticles.net/articlealliance.html" (no affiliation, just a happy customer)
Last edited by sydney on 11 Apr 11 12:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed broken link

PremiumMember
jing monet
Trust:
According to Mark's video instruction, I did not find any difficulty of finding a good ghost writer.

I posted my project to bid for Martial Arts 40 articles, 400 words at both elance.com and rentacoder.com. The average bid is about $320.

A typical cost for a 400-500 word article is appx $8-12.
[img:bq6ri4gw]http://www.gifmania.cn/Doraemon/doreamon02.gif[/img:bq6ri4gw]