Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

Small Niche Site vs. Huge Industry Site

PremiumMember
spider
Trust:

Small Niche Site vs. Huge Industry Site

Hey guys,

I have started a big site plan that will encompass several different industries and has the potential of being a HUGE site. However, I hear from several people that they are making a TON of cash with a few tiny niche sites. The question is: Which is better for a beginner?

I am not new to affiliate marketing, but I wonder if I am spreading myself too thin by trying to create 1 or 2 massive sites when I could just focus on some small niches and have the site up and running in a few weeks.

What do you guys think?
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
Hey spider,

Chatyak here........

I would suggest to............ focus your attention solely on one site.... get it going... get it alive....... then move on to the next one. Just my opinion though, if you feel you can promote 2 sites hard than that is up to you. I am just focusing on 1 site for the time being.

Adrian,
PremiumMember
spider
Trust:
I would suggest to............ focus your attention solely on one site.... get it going... get it alive....... then move on to the next one. Just my opinion though, if you feel you can promote 2 sites hard than that is up to you. I am just focusing on 1 site for the time being.

Chatyak,
Yea I am only really working on one of the sites. I am getting the other one online now so that in 6-12 months when I do work on it, it will hopefully be in google.

Thanks for the advice though.
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
I'd agree with adrian too.

I would rather have 1 really good site and a poor site, than two average sites.

I haven't reached this point yet with any of my sites, but I hope I can eventually get them doing well enough so that I can pay someone to maintain it.
www.SixDayWeekend.com
Free Training Videos reveal how I make 6 figures while travelling the world

Support
greg
Trust:
I am not new to affiliate marketing, but I wonder if I am spreading myself too thin by trying to create 1 or 2 massive sites when I could just focus on some small niches and have the site up and running in a few weeks.

Why not build your site one page at a time. So every day/week you can upload a new page (new niche) and simply update your sitemaps, menu's etc.... This way you can get your site up straight away, have loads of niche's related to one-an-other, and google will love you as your site's always growing.

8)