Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

Need help on choosing a writer on Elance

curtis1974
Trust:

Need help on choosing a writer on Elance

Hello all, as part of the bloging boot camp series I have gone ahead and ordered 20 articles from elance. so far, iv'e had three offers. One from Canada, and two from the USA.

Since my niche is WoW and im really doing a site not a wordpress blog, i wanted to ask you guys a few questions on the offers that I got.

one of the offer actually played the game wow and the other two has not. This guy says he can get the 20 articles ready in three days. I kind of look at this and wonder so quick with words of 400 to 500 words. I don't know. what you all think?

One said she will get it done within a week and the the third person said the same thing.

The guy with the three days have a 100% positive member since april of this year charging 190

The other writer seems to be a long time member of Elance she is charging 200 and will deliver within a week and the last lady from Canada is charging 170....who should i go with? should I pick one now or wait until i get more bids?

Thanks
Curtis
Last edited by michellerana on 13 Dec 09 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: improve title to describe the post better

PremiumMember
sirmatts
Trust:
well getting 20 articles ready in 3 days sounds a bit Fishy to me you have to be a machine to do that.

It´s hard to say which to choose you have to go for your gut feeling but Personally I would like someone to write about WoW that is at least a gamer. It´s just a different world and if your writer does not know what he/she is writing about in such a niche I think your potential site visitors is going to disappear quickly of your site. I would assume that wow players know their stuff and would quickly judge dodgy articles.

just my 2 cents
-Matts
Best thing ever since sliced bread! Seriously this spinner is 20 Years ahead of TheBestSpinner. Get a Massive 70% Launch Discount ->http://www.inwrk.info/realbestspinner

wollowra
Trust:
Hi Curtis,
I would want the writer to definitely play the game, so I would pick him..
However, going on what you have told us...
1. I would want to see at least 2 articles he has written previously, and it does not need to be about WOW.
Then check that article for duplicate content. Just copy a few paragraphs from the article and paste into google search, that way you know it isn't duplicated stuff.

2. I would give him, 5 days.. that way, he won't rush it ( Well hopefully ) It is very easy to write about things you know, that is why he said 3 days.
I am, was a photographer and I could easily write 20 articles on photography in 3 days.

3. Do not release the money or pay up front until you are happy and check for duplicate content on copyscape with a premium account or check google search at the very least.

4. Ask if he will offer a 20% discount if he is late on delivery.

Hope that helps..

Regards
Troy
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize
they were the big things.

-- Robert Brault

curtis1974
Trust:
Thanks Troy and SirMatts for your suggestions. I now have 7 bidders for this project. prices range from 100 to 400. I will pick two of them today.
PremiumMember
tzyyhui
Trust:
Hello.. I am now at a stage wanting some articles done outsourced. Is Elance the only good one? Any other alternatives? When you set the requirement, do you just send them the article title? Do you need to tell them this is for web site, or blog, or article directory? Have you heard about ineedanarticle.com?

Thanks,
Peter
wollowra
Trust:
Hi Peter,
This thread might help you...
forum-news/elance-job-request-what-to-give-to-the-chosen-writer-t6072.html
You can also, get articles written from a couple of people on this forum.
one is http://www.pastorizo.com

Regards
Troy
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize
they were the big things.

-- Robert Brault

racnicole
Trust:
tzyyhui,

This is Nicole from Rent a Coder. Rentacoder provides access to programming, writing, illustration, even data entry workers. You can create a free, non-obligatory account at Rentacoder and access a list of our top U.S. writers at http://bit.ly/5SyK4I (international writers at http://bit.ly/bHKO8v).

I'd like to point out a few differences between our service and services like Elance since those differences could influence the success of an outsourced project.

===
Employing a new worker that you don't yet know/trust:
===

When you don't yet know if a worker is productive, both Elance and Rent A Coder let you employ them in the safest way possible: by paying them a fixed price for the final deliverables (called pay-for-deliverables). However, if there is a problem, Elance charges you for the arbitration process necessary to get a refund (while Rent A Coder does not), and the process can take much longer if the worker is abusive.

1) Money-back Guarantee
---
If a worker doesn't deliver what they agreed to, both sites will step in and give you a refund via arbitration. However Rent A Coder does this for free. If a worker doesn't deliver what they agreed to, both sites will step in and give you a refund via arbitration. However Elance charges you $66-$133 to do this. This may also make it impractical to get a refund on smaller projects. Rent A Coder, on the other hand, does this for free.

2) Arbitration
---
On Elance a worker can challenge you with an arbitration at any time. If they do you must either choose to pay the non-refundable arbitration fee ($66-$133) or forfeit your money-back guarantee. Rent A Coder, on the other hand, never charges you to exercise your guarantee.

In addition, on Rent A Coder you can start arbitration immediately. A worker intent on abusing the system can stall the start of arbitration on Elance for 21 business days and during this period your money is not available to you. During the first phase (dispute assistance), the worker has up to 3 business days to respond, and can make this phase last up to 12 additional business days (15 business days total). After this, the arbitration phase "begins", but does not actually start because the worker is given 3 business days to acknowledge the notice of arbitration, and the another 3 business days if they did not acknowledge the first notice. Only at this point is arbitration actually started. See the Elance contract for more information.

3) Expert Guarantee
---
Both sites' triple-point money-back guarantee protect your money from a worker that doesn't deliver. But if you had a critical deadline, you may have lost vital time. Our Expert Guarantee helps you avoid this situation by identifying the most committed and expert workers during bidding. The workers agree to place a deposit to guarantee that they will not break any of the triple-point (or quadruple-point) guarantees. If they do, they forfeit the deposit (which goes to cover cancellation fees and then gets donated to a worthy charity).

For more details on the above see:
https://www.rentacoder.com/RentACoder/DotNet/misc/CompetitorInformation/OneOnOneComparisons/ElanceVersusVWorker_ForBuyers.aspx

To learn about additional differences (as well as compare the other 5 major sites), you can click here:
http://www.rentacoder.com/RentACoder/DotNet/misc/CompetitorInformation/WhyRentACoder_ForBuyers.aspx

If you have any questions, please let me know. You can also call in to talk to a facilitator 7 days a week, or email us (see http://www.rentacoder.com/RentACoder/misc/Feedback.asp ).

Nicole
http://www.rentacoder.com
Last edited by sydney on 03 Jun 10 4:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed links

This topic was started on Dec 13, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.