You will find the latest news and what is happening at Affilorama here. Any new announcements will be posted here before anywhere else.

Elance Job Request (what to give to the chosen writer)

PremiumMember
kepeliki
Trust:

Elance Job Request (what to give to the chosen writer)

Now I found somebody to write my unique articles for my first Affilorama Website (help). what instructions I am given them for writing the articles. Such as given the keywords(I have only 17 keywords for the niche what else should I add.
Things I do not know how many times the my keywords appeared on the articles???etc. please help as I have 7days to do this.
Thank you
wollowra
Trust:
Hi Soape,
ALWAYS use escrow and never pay up front.
You can start by asking them...
1. How long will it take to do the articles
2. How can I communicate with you ( Skype, MSN etc..)
3. Can you see examples of his or her work.
4. How many changes can you make if you are not happy with the articles
5. Do you write original content, NOT copied ( I know this seems obvious but you would be surprised that some elance writers just use copied content and is not original)
6. If you miss the promised delivery time (date) will you cut your fee for me?
7. The keyword density should be around 2% to 3% per article, so the keyword should be once or maybe twice per 100 words. or, 3 to 5 keywords per article.
8. Do they have good feedback from previous customers?

That should start you off.
Hope that helps.

Regards
Troy
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize
they were the big things.

-- Robert Brault

PremiumMember
kepeliki
Trust:
for the keywords
-should be on the title page and the articles 2 to 3 percent only?
wollowra
Trust:
soape12 wrote:for the keywords
-should be on the title page and the articles 2 to 3 percent only?

The keywords should be in every article.
You focus on one keyword per article and have that keyword 2% to 3% in the article and,
1 article per page.

Regards
Troy

-- Robert Brault

PremiumMember
kepeliki
Trust:
Can i give the actual website that I am trying to promote to my elance writer. for example I am doing one on how to fix xbox360 problems and my website is http://xbox360helponline.com that I am trying to build. I gave my keywords such as
-overheat
-flashing red light
etc
Please help
wollowra
Trust:
Hi,
Your site does not load for me.
Those Keywords are very broad.
You need to get 20 to 30 ultra targeted keywords related to your niche.
Each keyword should have a related article for each page on your site.
For example I found... "xbox 360 overheating" and "xbox 360 repair" .

Regards
Troy

-- Robert Brault

PremiumMember
kepeliki
Trust:
the real site is ;http://bit.ly/6otCSY and the want that I am trying to build to promote the (http://bit.ly/6otCSY) is http://xbox360helponline.com. Are you saying that 17 keywords is not enough as I work out 40 keysword and some are similar just as repair(repairs); overheat(overheats) etc so I sort it out to 17 key words only. if you want me to give you my keyword i will.
Thank You
wollowra
Trust:
Hi,
Try to get another 3 keywords if you can.
I probably wouldn't go for similar keywords like repair and repairs, just choose the most searched for keyword on the similar ones.

Regards
Troy

-- Robert Brault

guitarjoe
Trust:
Thought I'd throw in my two cents here as well.

I'm VERY specific with writers and pull no punches when setting up the job description.

I tell them exactly what I want done and the time frame I want it done in.

I tell them exactly how much I'm willing to pay per article.

I tell them that all work must be 100% unique and I'll be running all articles through Copyscape.com.

I demand unlimited rewrites. Some people will throw low quality articles at you and try to stick you with it. Make sure they understand that you won't release payment until you're 100% satisfied with the work.

You can also set up milestones for your project. An example might be to have them write five articles and make sure you're happy with their work before they continue. If there's a problem you can pay them for what they've done and hire someone else.

There's more, but I'm in a rush right now.

Just keep in mind that you're the boss and you make the rules. If you're not happy then don't accept the work.

My two cents. Good luck!

Joe
wollowra
Trust:
Hi Joe,
Welcome to Affilorama and great first post.
Regards
Troy

-- Robert Brault

guitarjoe
Trust:
Thanks Troy. I appreciate that. It all comes from learning the hard way. :-)

soape12,

I highly recommend that you get a Premium account at Copyscape.com and run EVERY article you buy through it, at least until you've used a writer a few times and built up a bit of trust. I'd still do it randomly then just to keep them honest. It only cost $5.00 for 100 credits and it's totally worth it.

When I first hired a writer I paid the guy and started submitting them to EzineArticles.com right away, but I got my account shut down shortly after because the guy sold me articles that had a LOT of duplicate content in them.

Needless to say, that didn't make a very good impression on the staff at EzineArticles.com. I ended up having to practically beg to keep my account and they kept me at Basic and Basic Plus author rating for a long time before they finally gave me Platinum status.

It's time consuming to run all the articles, but it's better safe than sorry. I usually set up one test page on a site and copy 4-5 articles at a time to the page, publish the page and then run that URL through Copyscape.com. Wash, rinse and repeat until you've checked them all.

I hope that saves you from learning a hard lesson like I had to.

Good luck!

Joe
PremiumMember
kepeliki
Trust:
My job (article) will be ready to delivered to me tommorrow so How I am going to check it on Copyscape.com as I have setup my website. I am only a newbie and this is my first project. Please help!!
guitarjoe
Trust:
Hi soape12,

No worries. Just get a Blogger blog at Blogger.com and use that for testing. Just make sure that you remove all of the content from it when you're finished, otherwise you'll have created duplicate content. Name the blog whatever you want, something like test123 will work fine.

You may have to set up a Google account to get a Blogger blog if you don't already have one. It's no big deal. Just go through the steps.

You can also just use a Wordpress blog to do it. Since you'll be removing the content in a matter of minutes it shouldn't be a problem. Once again, make sure you remove EVERYthing once you've checked them!

Any other thoughts Troy?

I hope that helps.

Joe
wollowra
Trust:
This is one way you could do it, but CopyScape allows you to input any article into the copyscape system and check for duplicate ones. It can check new content simply by pasting in the text.
That way, you don't have to start a blogger account... although that is up to you.

Regards
Troy

-- Robert Brault

guitarjoe
Trust:
Man, I never even noticed that. You're absolutely right. I just got so accustomed to entering the URL that I didn't notice it.

Dope!!!

:-)
wollowra
Trust:
There is no such thing when your learning new stuff..lol
We are all learning new stuff every day.

Regards
Troy

-- Robert Brault

PremiumMember
kepeliki
Trust:
Can I put the articles from my wirter thru Automated Text Summarization and go with the final articles. (Anyway any free Automated Text Summarization around).
Last edited by kepeliki on 13 Dec 09 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Site Admin
markling
Trust:
I usually tell people to have a keyword density of greater than 1%, 2-3% is quite high and can make the article sound unnatural.

1% = once every 100 words
Limited time special - Try Affilorama Premium for just $1 for 7 days: http://www.affilorama.com/premium

sandra226
Trust:
soape12 wrote:My job (article) will be ready to delivered to me tommorrow so How I am going to check it on Copyscape.com as I have setup my website. I am only a newbie and this is my first project. Please help!!

I am brand new-first run through the forum info. I went to these links and for all except the last I got sharp warning that they had a very poor reputation and warning not to pursue the site. It rated it on many criteria but frankly I did not stay around to read all of that info.
Since I am newbie, I want to keep in mind not to develop such a reputation or everything will be lost-all of that work for nothing and no traffic or at least from those who have my setup for warnings. I have found it to be trustworthy and listen when warned.
Isn't the lesson that in this a website is really not needed? All about affiliate where I will make percentage off of traffic or clicks, etc., right?
wollowra
Trust:
Hi Sandra,
Sorry I do not understand your question.
Has it got something to do with Copyscape?

Regards
Troy

-- Robert Brault

This topic was started on Dec 08, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.