Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

Just Used Affilorama To Build My First Site!

firstsnow
Trust:

Just Used Affilorama To Build My First Site!

I am totally new to ppc, affiliate marketing, building websites, and basically anything to do with making money online. I stumbled across affilorama about two weeks ago and have built my first site! I used wix to build my site. Unfortunately, they are missing a lot of features such as email for your domain, no adding html so cant link to adsense, and a few other things, but overall I like how easy it is to build a site especially for a rookie like me. If you get a chance, check out my site and let me know what I can do to improve it. Thanks. ANd thank you Mark Ling and Affilorama!! check it out... forgetthefat.net
Site Admin
markling
Trust:
To be honest I don't believe you used Affilorama to build that website. The mere fact that you mentioned Adsense in your above comment indicates that, let alone the structure of the pages, the website and the on page search engine optimization and the software you used to make it.

For others reading this thread I'd hate you to think Affilorama trained students make websites like this. I believe the sole reason the above person made this post was to gain an incoming link to their website from us.

Either you didn't use Affilorama, or you have just made quite a number of mistakes and I am sorry if I am wrong here.

Please post this to the AffiloBlueprint members forum if you wish to get a full critique from my staff, but my quick comments are that the on page SEO needs to be checked over using Traffic Travis as there are no clear keywords that you are trying to rank highly for on each page, each page seems to be embedded in a frame, rather than on its own page, which will make it even more difficult to get them to rank highly in the search engines. I recommend that you use wordpress or xsitepro to build your website as we teach in our AffiloBlueprint instructions.

All the best,
Mark
Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: https://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive

firstsnow
Trust:
WOW. I did use the information I gained from listening to your webinar and some of the videos I saw on your site. I guess by your reply I made a ton of major mistakes?? Like I said, I am totally new to all of this, you inspired me to just jump in and get started. I guess I need to get more info before trying this again. Like I said, the software or hosting company I used was wix.com. I'm kinda at a loss of the harsh reply, I am totally new to this. maybe you can point out the mistakes I made instead of leaving such harsh and unjust critisism.
Site Admin
markling
Trust:
Hi, I'll do a proper critique, but normally I only do critiques for our members inside the AffiloBlueprint members forum. I am sorry for my earlier post, I just didn't recognize it as a website that had followed my training.
Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: https://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive

firstsnow
Trust:
No problem. Its my fault for getting over zealous. I only watched your webinar and watched one of your videos and I was so inspired that I just jumped in and created a website without really knowing what I was doing and whithout studying a lot of the content on affilorama. I also made the mistake of using wix.com I hope I can keep the domain and try a better hosting service and website builder tool. I love affilorama and can't wait to order affiloblueprint, just gotta save up a few more $$. Thanks for your time, I also look forward to upgrading to the premium membership. What should I do first the affiloblueprint or the premium membership. I plan to order both but can only start with one for now.
Site Admin
markling
Trust:
Honestly either AffiloBlueprint or Affilorama Premium will be a good place to start. Both have different benefits.

Regarding your website, here is a quick critique:

* There isn't much content on it as there are only 6 pages. You should add more articles as you'd want to offer good quality and relevant content to your visitors. The content of your site plays a huge part in ranking with the search engines.

* Make sure you read the report here: https://www.affilorama.com/premium-report (in particular the keyword research section).

* I'd change the table on the homepage too. It doesn't look appealing. I suggest that you use review stars (like what they use on Amazon) to rate the products you're promoting. It gives people an idea of the product's value.

* It's best to make your images clickable with a call to action. It may say 'Click here for the best weight loss program' or something like that.

* I went through the articles and I'm sorry but there are a number of typo errors. Also, there are a lot of places where apostrophes are missing. It just doesn't look professional.

* You've used different fonts on your pages. Sometimes there are different font sizes on the same article. It's best to stick with one font size on the body of your article.

* I randomly checked parts of your review articles and found all of them to be duplicate content. Did you copy these reviews from the merchant's site? If you're going to use information provided by the merchant, you need to reword them or else you may be penalized for duplicate content.

I hope this helps and all the best!

Mark

firstsnow
Trust:
Thanks Mark! I think I'll start with the affiloblueprint and then go premium. I guess I need to slow down and study more before I jump in next time. I did use the merchants content, won't do that again. Thanks again!
affiliate23
Trust:
I am a newbie as well, and I run into a technical problem when trying to do programmer type of stuff. Whether its transferring a website domain into your hosting, ftp, etc, etc. It complicated and frustrating. I do know that I have to build a website with SEO for a keyword that I start with as main focus.

I have seen blogger blogs on the first page of google getting traffic. I want to outsource the programmer, but cant shell out the money in the beginning. I am using blogger to focus on getting traffic with SEO, and my keyword research. Also researching copywriting and implementing techniques to build up a list from my opt in box on blog.

The true biggest problem in this whole couple month journey so far has been....? Come over to my blog to find out the difference between the highly successful wealthy, and us 9-5 droids.
PremiumMember
steved314
Trust:
I found Affilorama via an invitation from TrafficTravis to a webinar. From there I came back this morning and signed up and I've been in school all day long! I've been spending weeks and weeks on the wrong stuff and trying to get organic rank for my wix site. All along I had suspected that using a prefab site builder like wix that uses a dynamic address would not allow me to get the seo I would need. I actually have two sites, one was wix, the other was made by a web developer using drupal I believe. Initially I was only doing SEO on my sites, but after learning so much, I'd be stupid not to do reselling on my site if I can get it done right. The wix site served a purpose to get people a page up and running quickly, but that being said, the wordpress page I did is getting found faster and the images I upload are ranking in google images search.

When it comes to seo, there are so many scammers out there, and this is the first ever business I've stumbled on that gave me the real meat and tatters as to what I should have been doing. Otherwise it's all a big secret and nobody wants to tell you.

You can spend years learning what you just put out there in videos, and by the time you learned all that on your own, it will have all changed and you'd have to start all over!

Thanks for a really well thought out site, content tells me it's not BS/Scam because you've got massive thought leadership going into the content and that means your making massive cash from something.
So many lights have been turned on for me. Thanks so much!
Steve Dodson
1047 S. Big Bend Blvd.
St. Louis, Mo 63117

This topic was started on Nov 30, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.