Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

Installing Pop-Ups

sebasleo
Trust:

Installing Pop-Ups

Hi
Just wondering if anyone can help me with this.........
we have a website where we have a 'bounce rate' of about 46% with 18 seconds average time on page. We want to improve these figures using pop-ups and also to create a list.
My question is where do we install them? In the posts? Pages? Money page? Or everywhere?
Thanks very much
Elisa and Daniel
Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
A bounce rate of 46% is actually not that bad but installing popups won't actually improve your bounce rate. Bounce rates are improved if your site has great content and your articles are optimized on the right keywords. The more relevant the page is for the searcher, the lower your bounce rate will be.

We usually recommend a 15 second delay for popups. This means that the popup will appear 15 seconds after the visitor has landed on your site and will give them time to become engaged in your content. It's really important that you have quality content so that people will stay on your page and will be willing to sign up.

The instructions on installing popups depends on the autoresponder that you're using. Please contact their support to get the steps on how it is done.

sebasleo wrote:My question is where do we install them? In the posts? Pages? Money page? Or everywhere?

It is really up to you whether you want the pop up to appear on every page or on a specific post or page only. But its perfectly fine to put it on every post and page. You could set it up so that the popup appears only once per visit to avoid annoying you visitors :)
Michelle
Customer Support
=========================

Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: http://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive

milansangan
Trust:
Hello,

How about if you try to put your pop-up on the page where most of your visitors go or at least put them on your site's home page. If you put your pop-up on every page that can possibly be aggravating for your visitors.
Site Admin
mikeantiga
Trust:
There are popup or popover plugins that can be configured to display the popup for first-time visitors only. In this way, your website visitors won't get annoyed if they browse multiple pages on your site.
Want lessons on Affiliate Marketing, SEO and Content Creation? Get them here for FREE:
http://www.affilorama.com/lessons

sebasleo
Trust:
Hi Everyone, thanks so much for these ideas, I'll get onto it and have a look at exactly how I can put restrictions like these into place. I get really annoyed and usually click out of websites on principal if i get hassled by things popping up all the time, but it is something I didn't really think about until now for our website! So great, thank you very much

This topic was started on Oct 11, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.