Want to work your way up in SERPs? Get and share ideas on link building, on/off page optimizing, social SEO and more.

What is the connection between RSS and Ping?

jrliem
Trust:

What is the connection between RSS and Ping?

Hello,

Some told me that I have to submit rss feed to get indexed faster. But I don't know how to submit it to rss directory & then I found term ping. What is connection between rss submission & ping?

Sorry for this dumb question.

thanks
Last edited by faradina on 27 Jan 10 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: SEO

digiblue
Trust:
To ping your site is to alert a variety of services that you have updated your Website and these ping sites are crawled by Google very frequently so by submitting your site you should get indexed quicker.

To ping your site, take your blogs rss feed and go to pingomatic.com and add the rss feed to it and submit.

RSS Directories can be used to index your site quicker as well for much the same reasons above. Just fill in your account details at sites such as feedage.com and feedagg.com and submit.
jrliem
Trust:
Thanks Digiblue.

I found site ping-o-matic & I have to select some services, such as weblogs.com, feed burner, my yahoo and so on.
Do I have to submit rss to that services so that I can ping it?

If so how to submit rss to them, I opened weblogs.com but I could not find where I can submit my rss.
I suppose that I have to submit rss to that services so that can ping to them. Is it right?

Do the services are rss directory?

If I submit to rss directory which not listed in the services (weblogs.com, feed burner, and so on), is it effective to ping it through the services?

Can I say that the services are like Search Engine submission service?

I hope you understand my English

thanks
caoimh
Trust:
pingoat.com
feedping.com
are two more

This topic was started on Jan 27, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.