Want to work your way up in SERPs? Get and share ideas on link building, on/off page optimizing, social SEO and more.

Site linking query

carnic
Trust:

Site linking query

Hi all,

I have got a basic site (3 or so paragraphs) done and am just getting it hosted on hostgatorbut wanted to know :
If I went to a website that showed for one of my key words and went to there forum and made a relative comment and under my signature listed my site , would that be enough of an initial link for google etc to spider my site?? or am I on the wrong track.

Thanks
Carl.
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
Depends if the spiders find the forums. I find it easier just to put a comment on a couple of blogs. Once you get going, just link from one of your other sites to your new site, but for the moment, a couple of blog comments should do the trick.
www.SixDayWeekend.com
Free Training Videos reveal how I make 6 figures while travelling the world

carnic
Trust:
Hi sean,

the blogs I would put comments on would need to be related to my site or a theme from my site at least would'nt they, or can I just find any blog??
I would still also put a link to my site on the blog??

thanks,
carl
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
You can place your link anywhere... related is a bonus and preferred but all links help somewhat!
carnic
Trust:
Hi Adrian,

I have a problem I have uploaded my site "http://www.guitarin.com" to cpannel on hostgator but when I do a search for it it says "done" but my website doesn't show. also in the email hostgator sent me whenI try to veiw "You can view your site before the DNS has been resolved at "http://74.53.27.82/~carl505/[/quote]" it does not show either??/wot have I done wrong?

THanks
carl
Last edited by sydney on 19 Jul 11 1:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed broken link

PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
Looks like your index page is not uploaded or is blank... make sure your homepage of your site is index.html index.htm or index.php .... I am guessing you aren't using other extensions :)

Did you do that?
carnic
Trust:
HI adrian,
I have had a play round with it and now if I type in guitarin.com for a gogle search it works fine but if I type in "http://www.guitarin.com" it appears as it was before. oh and yuo were right I had"nt uploaded index.html. Thanks for your help and sugestions
Last edited by sydney on 19 Jul 11 2:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
Glad to hear :)
carnic
Trust:
Hi adrian,
I thought all was good as I understand it can take round 24 hrs to get my site populated to the s.e.'s but when I click on my link "http://www.guitarin.com" I still get a blank page and if I do a google search for guitarin.com it shows up.Have I done anything wrong and if so what. :? .

Thanks for your help,

Carl
Last edited by sydney on 19 Jul 11 2:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
I don't think your site is indexed yet. When I go to your site I just see a little bit of text.

If you've only just put some links up, give it a couple of days. Work on the content of your site while you wait for google to drop by.
www.SixDayWeekend.com

carnic
Trust:
Hi sean,

Thanks man it's reasuring you know what it's like being a newbee and now I understand that -hope it gets indexed soon> :D . Oh btw this site is only a 4 paragraph site and I am working on the proper one (it might take some time as I'm still only getting my site building licence :lol:

Thanks,

Carl
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
Yeh no worries, it's definitely harder the first time. Once you get going though it becomes easier and easier :)
www.SixDayWeekend.com

PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
carnic wrote:Hi sean,

Thanks man it's reasuring you know what it's like being a newbee and now I understand that -hope it gets indexed soon> :D . Oh btw this site is only a 4 paragraph site and I am working on the proper one (it might take some time as I'm still only getting my site building licence :lol:

Thanks,

Carl

Site building license?
carnic
Trust:
Hi Adrian,

"site building licence" :lol: . I am bieng a little smart having fun in other words still learning. :lol:

Cheers
carl
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
carnic wrote:Hi Adrian,

"site building licence" :lol: . I am bieng a little smart having fun in other words still learning. :lol:

Cheers
carl

Oh ok... gotcha :D