Want to work your way up in SERPs? Get and share ideas on link building, on/off page optimizing, social SEO and more.

Should I create RSS feeds to my Forum profiles

caoimh
Trust:

Should I create RSS feeds to my Forum profiles

Hello there,
I read that you can use the Summary page URL from the forum you have a link in to create an RSS feed.
And that this will build up link juice to your forum profile.
Is this a good idea?
I don't yet understand RSS so not sure if I should do this or not.
Any tips?
Thanks - Caoimh
faradina
Trust:
What forum are you referring to and from where will you be pulling RSS?
caoimh
Trust:
Thanks for responding Fara Dina.
I am not talking about one forum in particular. I am talking about forums with public profiles.
I was following advice given here - affiliate-hangout/does-building-backlinks-take-this-long-or-am-i-overdoing-it-t6649.html#p37300

If you create a profile on a forum with a public profile the suggestion I am asking about is:
Use the Profile Summary page URL in RSS feeds etc to build up link juice to your forum profile.
E.g.using http://hostmyrss.com

Thanks - Caoimh
faradina
Trust:
Not all forums give you the option to use RSS. If you can find high profile forums where RSS is an option, then that is very good.
Remember, though, that if you will be pulling RSS from these forums, it is not just your posts that will be pulled but all other posts as well in the subscribed feed.
There would likely be no RSS feed for forum profile summary pages. I have never seen a forum that feeds profile pages to RSS subscribers. RSS feeds will be for topics or threads.
There are forums that allow you to pull RSS from another site and put the feed on your profile page. At the warrior forum, you can pull RSS from twitter and put it on your profile.
sonitin
Trust:
If you can do that then please do, else the other way is to link to your forum profiles from the web 2.0 properties you create or your social bookmarking profiles.
"offshoreally.com" - One click for all outsourcing requirements including bookmarking, submissions, dedicated staff, link building..

Looking for a qualified virtual assistant to help you with your work? Click here - "offshoreally.com/internet-marketing-outsourcing-seo/virtual-assistant-link-building"

Enter The" Bad Ass" SEO Guest Blogging Contest to WIN CASH PRIZES http://bit.ly/9knBFs

PM me for coupon codes!

caoimh
Trust:
Thanks Fara Dina and Sonitin.
Sonitin, when you say "link to your forum profiles from the web 2.0 properties you create" do you mean link from Twitter and Facebook?
Thanks - Caoimh

This topic was started on Jan 22, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.